Path of Fire standalone

Path of Fire standalone

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rufus.1253

Rufus.1253

I’ve only purchased Path of fire as a new player, and I have a few questions regarding it.

1. Why would I require heart of thrones when path of fire expansion comes out?

2. If I were to also buy heart of thrones, is there a way to buy it for the bundle price?

3. When path of fire comes out, will I get access to guild buffs?

Path of Fire standalone

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Heart of Thorns will give its own story plus you need it to purchase and play LS3 which sets up PoF storywise.

HoT also gives access to 4 raid wings, gliding (the best of the masteries so far), plus 1 extra elite spec for each class.

I see no reason why Guild buffs would be excluded, given core players w/o HoT can access the guild hall and presumably obtain the buffs.

Path of Fire standalone

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Guess you are gonna miss all things from HoT.

-Zones
-Story
-Elite Spec

As stated by Randulf, i also don’t see any reason for guild buffs.

Path of Fire standalone

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/115010688287-Guild-Wars-2-Path-of-Fire-FAQ

1:

Q: Do I need to own Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™ in order to play Path of Fire?

Owning Heart of Thorns isn’t required to access Path of Fire content. However, some content is exclusive to Heart of Thorns.

• You must purchase Heart of Thorns to unlock and use the gliding mastery, as well as all other masteries introduced in and exclusive to that expansion. You will be able to complete all of the content in Path of Fire without the use of any Heart of Thorns-exclusive masteries.
  • You must purchase Heart of Thorns to unlock and use the 9 elite specializations introduced with that expansion.
  • Path of Fire includes access to the revenant profession, but not the Herald elite specialization. If you only own Path of Fire, you will be able to create a revenant character and unlock the Renegade elite specialization.
  • You must purchase Heart of Thorns to claim the new guild hall released in Path of Fire, and access the Scribe crafting discipline to fully upgrade your guild hall.

2:

With the purchase of any edition of Path of Fire, you can add in Heart of Thorns during checkout and purchase both expansions together for less than the combined prices of the expansions.

Since you already bought PoF there is no way to buy HoT on the same account for the bundle price through the GW2 store. That is a point of sale bundle offer. However you can find HoT available at many Anet authorized retailers for about the same price as offered in the PoF bundle. For example checking DLGamer from the list of authorized retailers offers HoT for $19.99, the same price that was offered in the PoF/Hot bundle.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/retailers/

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)