Path of fire anouncment - Feedback

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

So I just watched the PoF anouncment and as a long time follower of the GW franchise, I’d like to share my feedback on it. Feel free to ad yours.

Pro
- Palawa Joko
- seems to be content/story focused
- GW1 reminscences
- new guild hall

Neutral
- new Elite Specialization (expectable, though I’m not sure if it’s a good idea; might lead to even more balancing issues through the additional skills and combinations, something you initially tried to avoid as a lesson from GW1)

Contra
- Mounts to travel through areas we wandered in by foot without issues 250 years ago
(seriously, what the kitten?! With the waypoint system and gliding there was totally no need for this.
You killed one of the signature features of the Guild Wars franchise. I don’t even dare to ask how many ressources were wasted on this totally unneeded feature that seems to be there just for the sake of being there)
- no Cantha
- if the story isn’t really good, there seems not to be really much content behind the shiny surface

Conclusion:
Was hyped before the anouncment, am not hyped anymore. After 12 years into the GW franchise, this is the very first time I really think about makeing a cut and move on to something else

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: Brother Dulfite.5793

Brother Dulfite.5793

Wow people can always be so negative. Regarding your “contras:”

I remember playing gw1 and not being able to jump, swim, and constantly hitting invisible walls. Don’t you dare say anyone traveled in gw1. Gw2 is traveling, and I thought the mounts looked really fun. Gliders don’t make you go horizontally, and i’m kind of tired of seeing layline everywhere. I’m happy with this and the fact that you will be able to move faster. Waypoints are nice, but I like exploring sometimes and this will be best for that.

It makes no sense to go to Cantha right now. Anyone who has looked at the main map since launch knew we were going to Elona before Cantha because where we are going is already on the map.

The story seems a lot better than HoT. We go from “oh look, we kill another dragon just like the first game” to rogue god with an unclear purpose. We knew what Mordy wanted and how he wanted to do it ever since Scarlet showed up. We don’t know what is driving Balth. Why does he want to be the only god now? Why does he think what happened to Abaddon won’t happen to him?

This is the closest thing anet has done to stirring up interest in Abaddon in a long time, a god who many players want to see return as the main, or a main antagonist despite them saying he is “dead dead.”

This expansion looks great! And I’m SICK OF THE JUNGLE environments so I’m happy!

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

I enjoyed watching the expansion announcement and am really looking forward to playing PoF. The visuals and beauty of those maps… wow. Wanting to get in there and explore the Crystal Desert. The new elite specializations sound like a lot of fun as well.

Nash.2681

Wow people can always be so negative. Regarding your “contras:”

I remember playing gw1 and not being able to jump, swim, and constantly hitting invisible walls. Don’t you dare say anyone traveled in gw1. Gw2 is traveling, and I thought the mounts looked really fun. Gliders don’t make you go horizontally, and i’m kind of tired of seeing layline everywhere. I’m happy with this and the fact that you will be able to move faster. Waypoints are nice, but I like exploring sometimes and this will be best for that.

It makes no sense to go to Cantha right now. Anyone who has looked at the main map since launch knew we were going to Elona before Cantha because where we are going is already on the map.

The story seems a lot better than HoT. We go from “oh look, we kill another dragon just like the first game” to rogue god with an unclear purpose. We knew what Mordy wanted and how he wanted to do it ever since Scarlet showed up. We don’t know what is driving Balth. Why does he want to be the only god now? Why does he think what happened to Abaddon won’t happen to him?

This is the closest thing anet has done to stirring up interest in Abaddon in a long time, a god who many players want to see return as the main, or a main antagonist despite them saying he is “dead dead.”

This expansion looks great! And I’m SICK OF THE JUNGLE environments so I’m happy!

Wow, people can always be hyped no matter what (see the irony?).

You like to explore- fine, but one could already do this. They announced “5 new maps, bigger than anything we added before”. And since they are “so big” they add mounts. I’m quite sure they could have scaled the maps smaller so one wouldn’t need mounts to get around in a reasonable time. So this leaves me with the impression "we felt we need to add mounts to feed that (somewhat very vocal) part of the community a carot so they keep playing, and to justify this move, with simply make the new maps bigger.
This all sounds to me like a big waste of ressources for adding mounts just for the sake of adding mounts, even though they could have delivered the same stroy experience without it.

I agree, moving to Cantha wouldn’t have made much sense right now story wise, yet me and a lot of others still wished for it. Elona is okay, yet one should be allowed to prefer Cantha.

I’m not saying the story will be bad, in fact I’m glad it’s not just “go kill the next elder dragon”, but with the way the last epsiodes of the LS were presented, they better make a big step forward in story telling.

€: all in all it seems as we’re getting a new full LS story line but have to pay for it this time, with mounts being the justification for it. Leaves a bad taste for me :/

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

(edited by Nash.2681)

Posted by: Katastroff.1045

Katastroff.1045

I might just buy it out of curiosity, but since the dungeons were abandoned, lots of bugs from the core game are left unfixed, I’m still not convinced.

Feels like Anet is pouring lots of spicy gravy on a tasteless meatloaf.

Why simplify things when its so easy to complicate them ?

Posted by: Hibiskus.8294

Hibiskus.8294

Ok…i was really, really, really hoping to throw my money on the screen, since i find the HoT gilder epic ( i know it is just the default model, with some colours…but the effects are what i love)…..but now i really want to see a default gilder in elona colours, with effects like a sandstorm…

But: I found it really good that you:

A) Shown us all new elite in one video, ok not in detail but last time it was like waiting and hoping that the next elite that you show is the elite for my class…

B) Shown us the mounts….i dont know how a charr looks like when he / she is riding, but the mounts are very well designed…

C) Shown us some amazing enemies as well as telling us that the new zones are more about exploration…i really hope there is not on every corner one that want to kill me….

So: That was a well designed, very cool anouncement, keep it up^^

Ok…i am a little bit disappointed that mesmer gets a close range elite…but the things that you shown in the video are looking cool so i am just a very little bit dissapointed since i love range but the Tension what comes predominantly clearly (and sry if my english is a little bit wrong…it is not my main language)…So……i can´t wait to hear some more details. <3

Also i would love to have more than 1 class at 80, but since i dont have discovered all maps with this 1 char….and you need to discover the maps with every new char…i hope that testing 1 new elite is enough for me…they looked all very cool….. <3

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

So I just watched the PoF anouncment and as a long time follower of the GW franchise, I’d like to share my feedback on it. Feel free to ad yours.

Pro
- Palawa Joko
- GW1 reminscences
- new guild hall

Neutral
- new Elite Specialization (expectable, though I’m not sure if it’s a good idea; might lead to even more balancing issues through the additional skills and combinations, something you initially tried to avoid as a lesson from GW1)

Contra
- Mounts to travel through areas we wandered in by foot without issues 250 years ago
(seriously, what the kitten?! With the waypoint system and gliding there was totally no need for this.
You killed one of the signature features of the Guild Wars franchise. I don’t even dare to ask how many ressources were wasted on this totally unneeded feature that seems to be there just for the sake of being there)
- no Cantha
- if the story isn’t really good, there seems not to be really much content behind the shiny surface

Conclusion:
Was hyped before the anouncment, am not hyped anymore. After 12 years into the GW franchise, this is the very first time I really think about makeing a cut and move on to something else

Seems like your only problem is that it’s not Cantha?

You feel mounts were not needed sure, but it doesn’t seem like they are a detractor in any way. And the last is “What if it’s bad” Which can be said of everything.

If the expansion being “not Cantha” is enough to kill your desire to play, I wonder how much you liked GW2 in the first place.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Didn’t really see enough to give much feedback. Mounts… blah. My concern from watching the announcement program is that the maps look like they may be more multi tiered massive jumping puzzles similar to dry top and HoT maps which I hate. I hope that’s not the case. I’ll wait till I participate in the open beta weekend to see if I’ll pre-purchase or not.

The Burninator

Posted by: Necrum Davengers.3519

Necrum Davengers.3519

So this new expansion is about new maps, mounts and elite specialization.
What about:
Dungeons
WvW
Fractal
PvP
These things are not important Arena? I’ m sorry but after the HOT expansion, you continue going down to the hill.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

The backlash about mounts is nonsense really there are far more important things to be con about like how short the sequence was about specializations as well as the lack of information for 3 of the weapons for the new specs.

Pro
- Palawa Joko
- GW1 reminscences
- new guild hall

Neutral

Contra
- no Cantha

Conclusion:

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: savanna.4195

savanna.4195

why does it go to http error 500 when i try to buy this?

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Color me impressed with the announcement. I tuned in cynical and skeptical, and by the end, was pleasantly surprised.

It was a simple and straight-forward announcement. Each point told what we needed to know and provided enough details without being cryptic. No over-hyping – just “This is what we have been working on. Let us show you.”

It could have included something for PvP and WvW, but good stuff, overall. Different price packages are also a plus. I’m stoked for Path of Fire now. Just hope they don’t do anything that fans out the flames.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

okay…

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Pros:
The work of the artists
New Elite Specs (Hope they are better than those that came with HoT)

Cons:
No PvP content
No WvW content
Still no GvG
No Dungeons

I’ll wait for reviews from competitive players…

Posted by: Taurid.1753

Taurid.1753

You should have taken the hint with HoT that dungeons are not coming back.
WvW and PVP are getting their own updates separate from PVE content.
Fractals are already being added every few months, I don’t see why they would stop doing that with PoF. No mention of it doesn’t mean they’ll stop.

Posted by: DeadTreeJig.6714

DeadTreeJig.6714

I am mostly excited about the expansion.

I like that the new maps lend themselves to exploration, I hope that they really do.

I also think the story has the possibility of being epic. For me HoT was not epic, not even close and so far I am finding season 3 to be a hot mess of incoherent babble.

The new specialization for the ranger looks sweet, especially after handing us the druid. The necro specialization didn’t grab me that much, probably because I really like my reaper. The others, I didn’t pay attention.

The only thing I have concerns about are the mounts. I hope there are limitations, like there are with gliding. The video showed a nice, small group with mounts in a vast world. But how will it really look when all you see around you are jackalopes and floating manta rays.

When a man lies he murders some part of the world – Paul Gerhardt
Just so we’re clear, I’m a solo player – Kirito
Live, Laugh, Love Kill Dredge – DedTreeJig

Posted by: kraai.7265

kraai.7265

wvw!!!! how come there are no substantial changes in wvw more than some new rewards? where is our new wvw map for example

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

-How come Warriors get both main hand and off hand weapons? Not salty or anything, just wondering. The others seem to have either one one-hander or one two-hander.

-So is gliding still going to be a thing in PoF? Didn’t see any gliding in the videos they showed…

-Is the Weaver sword main hand or off hand?

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

Posted by: Will Lucky.8703

Will Lucky.8703

Dungeons aren’t coming back.

Everything else by the sounds of things will be including in future living world releases/competitive feature packs.

Server: Far Shiverpeaks

Necrum Davengers.3519

I might just buy it out of curiosity, but since the dungeons were abandoned, lots of bugs from the core game are left unfixed, I’m still not convinced.

Feels like Anet is pouring lots of spicy gravy on a tasteless meatloaf.

Dungeons are dead for their incomptence to not listen the comunity. Even a greedy corporations as Square Enix,does a better job comuncate with the comuntiy on Final Fantasy XIV.

Nash.2681

You feel mounts were not needed sure, but it doesn’t seem like they are a detractor in any way. And the last is “What if it’s bad” Which can be said of everything.

If the expansion being “not Cantha” is enough to kill your desire to play, I wonder how much you liked GW2 in the first place.

Nope, read again. Cantha is a personal preference of mine, but surely no reason to be that desillusioned.
What bugs me most is, that it all feels like selling just another LS Season with a totally unneeded feature (mounts) being the justification for making us pay. Sure, it’s just an announcment so far and luckily we can sneak peak, but still, there’s this bad feeling left inside.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

There was an AMA recently and I watched a WP video hitting on a few of the questions and there was a response to this actually. We just got a big WvW update, and things like that, rather than waiting and wrapping in an expansion, they have just been releasing as part of the live team as soon as they are ready to go. In fact, we just got a new fractal recently.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Can’t wait to get in to get the Ultimate again with PoF!!! Love the game so far and don’t see me stopping now. Can’t wait to play this expansion!!!!

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Color me impressed with the announcement. I tuned in cynical and skeptical, and by the end, was pleasantly surprised.

It was a simple and straight-forward announcement. Each point told what we needed to know and provided enough details without being cryptic. No over-hyping – just “This is what we have been working on. Let us show you.”

It could have included something for PvP and WvW, but good stuff, overall. Different price packages are also a plus. I’m stoked for Path of Fire now. Just hope they don’t do anything that fans out the flames.

I find myself still skeptical. Lore gets trotted out and then killed, profession balance has been spotty, encounters have been tuned to cheap frustration tactics, and I find myself barely “cautiously optimistic” about the expansion.

I did hear a lot of compelling ideas.

But ANet has a bad habit of Good Idea; Lousy Execution.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

What about:
Dungeons
WvW
Fractal
PvP
These things are not important Arena? I’ m sorry but after the HOT expansion, you continue going down to the hill.

Later cub?

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I watched the announcement with one background thought. Will the expansion stand on the shoulders of GW2 or continue down the path of HoT? I have no interest in anything remotely like HoT. It’s a completely different game.

There were many allusions to returning to GW2 and building on it. Great! However, somewhere during the mount section I heard that mounts would allow you to get across puzzles in ways you never thought of. Yeah, no. HoT is a platformer obscura puzzle game with densely packed annoying mobs that make sure the platforming is tedious. I want to play a game like GW2 where puzzles enriched the game for those who enjoyed them and could be completely avoided by those who didn’t.

So, I’m left unsure about PoF. What’s it like? GW2 or HoT? I definitely won’t pre-purchase without assurance that I won’t be sold HoT++. I suppose I’ll need to wait for release and an in-depth review. Because of HoT there is nothing here in the announcement that I’m excited about.

(edited by Raine.1394)

Posted by: Ider.1276

Ider.1276

Fractals are already being added every few months, I don’t see why they would stop doing that with PoF.

You mean 3 fractals in 1.5 years? And not a pack of fractals with new expansion? Just look at WoW: every expansion start players with a bunch of dungeons +several dungeons during expansion. Okay, I get it, prior HoT fractals were a mess and it took you almost 2 years to fix it. But now basic mechanics are fixed, can we get some content, please?

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

Didn’t really see enough to give much feedback. Mounts… blah. My concern from watching the announcement program is that the maps look like they may be more multi tiered massive jumping puzzles similar to dry top and HoT maps which I hate. I hope that’s not the case. I’ll wait till I participate in the open beta weekend to see if I’ll pre-purchase or not.

Could not have put it any better. I will explore on beta, but was not left with the hype to buy now or any time soon.

Posted by: Taurid.1753

Taurid.1753

Just look at WoW

This isn’t WoW; there is no point comparing the two when everything is done differently. There’s already a ton of fractals to do and adding more does not take away the overall dullness of them.

Posted by: Anela.3867

Anela.3867

I loved every bit of it and will buy the expansion as soon as the store starts working again. It looks amazing!

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I find myself still skeptical. Lore gets trotted out and then killed, profession balance has been spotty, encounters have been tuned to cheap frustration tactics, and I find myself barely “cautiously optimistic” about the expansion.

I did hear a lot of compelling ideas.

But ANet has a bad habit of Good Idea; Lousy Execution.

This is very true, indeed.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

i hate dungeons i love it they remove them slowly from the game sadly gw2 has no open world PvP so its pointless to remove dungeons cus i cant PvP for XP spot anyway so its crap.

Rauderi.8706

PvP could use updates, but after Stronghold, all the devs got was “SKREEE WE HATES IT!!”
Something other than Capture the Point would breathe some life into the meta, though.

And WvW updates? Ha! “SKREE WE HATES THE DESERT! WE HATES! NO PVE IN OUR WVW!” To add any mechanic that might rebalance population coverage difference or give something other than a single zerg is met with utter contempt.

The focus is going to be on new explorable maps (Living World) and raids. We might get lucky with a fractal or three. Maybe. Even then, I expect another Fractal revamp when the number of fractals caps at 25…

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

Nope, read again. Cantha is a personal preference of mine, but surely no reason to be that desillusioned.
What bugs me most is, that it all feels like selling just another LS Season with a totally unneeded feature (mounts) being the justification for making us pay. Sure, it’s just an announcment so far and luckily we can sneak peak, but still, there’s this bad feeling left inside.

But it is… It is a new LS season with new features.

New specializations
New masteries (mounts)
New weapons, armor, guild halls, blah blah blah…

And a new LS.

Mounts are just a new mastery.
Let me ask you this. If the mount masteries were exactly the same functionality but has different effects (didn’t look like you were riding an animal) Would you care that they added new movement skills to the open world?

Because from what I can tell they are permanent, slightly better, slightly different Aspect crystals.

Necrum Davengers.3519

i hate dungeons i love it they remove them slowly from the game sadly gw2 has no open world PvP so its pointless to remove dungeons cus i cant PvP for XP spot anyway so its crap.

For you are usless, but for others people not. Especially when the elitist of this game they don’t want add you in raid because “No leggendary no party”.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Fractals are already being added every few months, I don’t see why they would stop doing that with PoF.

You mean 3 fractals in 1.5 years? And not a pack of fractals with new expansion? Just look at WoW: every expansion start players with a bunch of dungeons +several dungeons during expansion. Okay, I get it, prior HoT fractals were a mess and it took you almost 2 years to fix it. But now basic mechanics are fixed, can we get some content, please?

It was three fractals between 26th July 2016 and 25th July 2017. That’s three in just under a year. Not to mention the raid releases during that time. All without a subscription.

Sure I’d like more too (and some more support for guild missions) but I think it’s fair to say they ArenaNet have been getting better at this stuff and are actually starting to deliver at a decent rate. Sure it can be improved but it’s not that bad.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

What about:
Dungeons
WvW
Fractal
PvP

Gee … just like the last expansion. Why would you think otherwise? No offense but those things you list are simply second rate filler content. Any expansion based on those tidbits of content would be a failure.

I mean, lets throw it back at you .. how would you conceptualize an expansion based on any of those things? It doesn’t make sense. Those elements get ongoing changes; they aren’t ‘expansion’ worthy.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Posted by: Mahou.3924

Mahou.3924

The good:
- New elite specs. I can understand the mixed feeling for this, but I as a solo player am looking a bit forward to it.
- More story to potentially make me care about Trollthazar
- New maps
- Standalone expansion

The meh and whatever:
- Mounts: While it sounds neat that each mount has its own ability, being tied to the VERY tedious mastery grind makes the whole deal for me a “wait and see” thing.
- Stuff about Palawa Whatever. Never heard of him/her, but from what I’ve read its a GW1 treat.

The bad:
- More mastery grind <blargh>

Elite Specs: Disclaimer: I didn’t check any sort of leaks whatsoever, mind you.
It sounds like Necro’s will be more support-ish based on the very short description on reddit (opening spoiler section: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6qwz69/expansion_2_announcement_livestream_coverage/). Guardian sounds nice enough, and Ranger looks strongly to be a “it depends on how it works” deal. Rifle Thief might be neat. Warrior sounds more PvP relevant, but that’s not my playground. Hopefully, it won’t be the Scrapper of PoF.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

An interesting note on the allusion to mastery points as a mechanism of horizontal progression in the announcement. In my most recent foray back into the game, I spent maybe 3-4 months playing daily. In the first month or so I gained 9 mastery points and then played daily for 2-3 months without gaining a single additional point. If I returned today and played another month I’m sure I would not progress horizontally.

How is this possible? Well, I have but don’t play HoT. I play solely in vanilla GW2 which I greatly enjoy. But, there is no horizontal progression for a player like me. It’s not really how I would design horizontal progression into the game. I wonder how they think about horizontal progression in PoF.

Necrum Davengers.3519

What about:
Dungeons
WvW
Fractal
PvP

Gee … just like the last expansion. Why would you think otherwise? No offense but those things you list are simply second rate filler content. Any expansion based on those tidbits of content would be a failure.

I mean, lets throw it back at you .. how would you conceptualize an expansion based on any of those things? It doesn’t make sense. Those elements get ongoing changes; they aren’t ‘expansion’ worthy.

“Any expansion based on those tidbits of content would be a failure”
Go thell that on Wow and Final Fantasy XIV wich are more popular than Guild Wars 2.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

If this game was WoW or FF, you might have a point … it’s not, It’s GW2. The content you list is not expansion worthy in this game. If you think it is, then go ahead and suggest how an expansion for any of those elements would look … but not in WoW or FF, in GW2.

I mean, if you think a hodge podge of random Fractals or dungeons would be worth an expansion, I would love to point you to the fact that we have been getting FREE expansion-worthy content for years now … so maybe your complaint has little merit in the first place.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

You made a mistake in the topic title…what’s with that “Not”….?!

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Rauderi.8706

What about:
Dungeons
WvW
Fractal
PvP

Go thell that on Wow and Final Fantasy XIV wich are more popular than Guild Wars 2.

Thinking WoW or XIV are based on dungeons and PvP. Cute.

Those are all about the raids. And in XIV’s case, excessive amounts of gambling.
PvP was always an afterthought for those games (WoW did not start with it, and XIV scuttled it into small arenas.) And WoW’s PvP balance has always been terrible, which shows how little they care about it.

Many alts; handle it!

Posted by: ImLegion.4018

ImLegion.4018

I understand now why the release can be this fast.. No new WvW map, No new PvP, No Dungeons, No Raids, No new class, No new Race. Just a new PVE map, mounts, new class specification and that’s basicly it and that small thing for the same price. This expansion is just a big money grab for giving nothing.

It’s just a big bucket of air.

Piken Square

Posted by: JakeMagnus.4035

JakeMagnus.4035

OR you could just wait and see if it’s fun and not rant before you have even played it. You know about mounts.. they could also make maps smaller so you don’t need waypoints, and I’ve always hated GTA maps being too big so I had to drive around in a car.

Me, I’m super excited from the trailer and the anncouncement. I was critical of HoT but I got more than my money’s worth and they have learned their lessons (see pricing, content). Take my money, Anet.

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

I understand now why the release can be this fast.. No new WvW map, No new PvP, No Dungeons, No Raids, No new class, No new Race. Just a new PVE map, mounts, new class specification and that’s basicly it and that small thing for the same price. This expansion is just a big money grab for giving nothing.

It’s just a big bucket of air.

It’s nice to see that you’ve played and finished the content delivered with this expansion. That was a “sneak-peek” not a release note trailer.

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

WvW and sPvP get changes as they are finished and they are not saved up for expansions.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Posted by: bobsort.4097

bobsort.4097

I think you guys didn’t notice that devs said there are places that you can’t reach without mounts and showed some in the video too. And to get the mount to reach there you need to put between 10 to 15 mastery point in each of them. meaning most probably you won’t be able to reach some parts in next few months to come including some JP specially designed to complete with mounts and “turn in mid air”!!!!

Posted by: Riesenschnauzer.6049

Riesenschnauzer.6049

What about:
Dungeons
WvW
Fractal
PvP

So let me get this straight. $29.99 for most of what WoW or FFXIV , except some end game content and PVP content Is not worth it, but for just adding those ancillary components you would pay $39.99 for an expansion plus $14.99 a month?

I’m thrilled with the content. If you compare to ever other B2P or F2P option, suprisingly enough this expansion actually provides More content with the possible exception of ESO (though ESO is a hybrid between P2P and B2P)

But sure, compare it to the two groups that still charge $14.99 a month just to be able to login and look at your charactrer’s inventory.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

What about:
Dungeons
WvW
Fractal
PvP

They had 30 mins to announce it, im sure there will be more blogs that go into that, but as for WvW they gave us a great update recently, they destroyed it a couple of weeks later, and now its as dead as ever, I don’t think an expansion will fix that.