Pavillion, no loot from regular mobs?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

if the only reward is at the end, up to ten champ bags i hear, i think people would be better off doing something else. is this intentional?

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

We think it’s a bug.

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

doing what else? They removed most of the champs from the game and made the world bosses spawn at absurdly slow times with their mega server nonsense.

if by doing something else you mean playing another game… then yes I think that is what they want, they were advertising that you go play wildstar on their facebook page last week.

Lightsbane.9012

doing what else? They removed most of the champs from the game and made the world bosses spawn at absurdly slow times with their mega server nonsense.

if by doing something else you mean playing another game… then yes I think that is what they want, they were advertising that you go play wildstar on their facebook page last week.

all that’s true pretty much but wvw nets me at least 20-30 champ bags a night.

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Actually, there are new champs added.

I’m not defending the Pavillion debacle, but for accuracy’s sake:

Harathi Hinterlands has up to three new champions added to the modnir kickoff event IF Southforge is lost. Up to three Champs (depending upon how fast you can kill them) will spawn and run to Northpasture. To the best of my recomllection, I’ve never seen those champs before the April 15th update.

What’s humorous is folks don’t look behind them when Southforge is lost.

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

I really hope it’s a bug, otherwise this place will be empty within the next 48h. I understand nerfing the loot but NO loot at all? Complete waste of time.

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

all that’s true pretty much but wvw EoTM nets me at least 20-30 champ bags a night.

FTFY.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I really hope it’s a bug, otherwise this place will be empty within the next 48h. I understand nerfing the loot but NO loot at all? Complete waste of time.

The instance I was just in was deserted pretty quickly already.

Some of the mobs seem to be dropping stuff but it seems be very rarely. Gauntlet tickets and the tokens.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I kind of actually get why they made all the mobs drop no loot. Just picture this:

You got 6 commanders organising 6 small zergs to get gold on Boss Blitz. Then you get a giant zerg cutting through every zone and screwing everything up by making all the bosses scale out of proportion.

Or, what probably realistically would happen is that you got people who wants to do Boss Blitz, then you got everyone else wanting to zerg farm everything, then you end up having the two sizes throw verbal diarrhea at each other for hours on end.

However, the loot from boss blitz so far at least on bronze is abysmal, and there’s nothing we can do on it because the organised level 80 players in full zerker and well-built builds can’t kick the other players out. Simple as that.

It’s a nightmare. A shame as well, because the bosses themselves have quite interesting mechanics.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

We think it’s a bug.

No see they decided to move all of the loot from this event over to eotm instead because anything open world PVE can’t possibly have the same kinds of rewards as WvW or dungeons you see. /sarcasm off

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

It’s a nightmare. A shame as well, because the bosses themselves have quite interesting mechanics.

I have to agree with you there. They did do a good job with the mechanics. There wasn’t a sudden death mechanic at all in my experience and I helped take down them all. I got run over by Centaurs and blasted by bombs and none of it instakilled me for a change. I like that!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

You got 6 commanders organising 6 small zergs to get gold on Boss Blitz.

I’m just picturing the large player organisations farming the hell out of this event 24 hours a day, gold or silver every time. Every instance I’ve been in so far has had commanders just disappear after a couple of bosses. I really don’t have any time for PvE commanders but they would be really handy just getting the ball rolling. Much like the Marionette.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

We think it’s a bug.

No see they decided to move all of the loot from this event over to eotm instead because anything open world PVE can’t possibly have the same kinds of rewards as WvW or dungeons you see. /sarcasm off

Vanilla WvWvW maps are awful on rewards but the EotM map is a giant champ train, very different experience.

Whispers with meat.

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

We think it’s a bug.

I’ll believe it when a dev says it. From what I can tell, this was intentional, as well as the no-exp problem. You have to go out of your way to turn off loot and exp.

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

I’m not going back there, it’ll be a ghost town in a few days. This has to be the worst LS ever, good job Anet.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Yeah I must say I’m disappointed the bazaar living story is pretty much the exact same achievements as last year. I would have thought they’d do at least a little something different, and add in some new catcher skins or something. And then on top of that, add a deserted pavilion and you have an epic failure for an update :-/

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Lightsbane.9012

all that’s true pretty much but wvw EoTM nets me at least 20-30 champ bags a night.

FTFY.

really? the only time i’ve gone in there was one time last week, so many bads! i mean bags.

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

The thing is. The pavilion is now anti zerg, and need coordination, like the marionette, wurms, LA citizens rescue, taking back LA etc.

That’s why most people will receive kitten, bronze tier reward. Because the stacking and zerging mentality exist.

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

I usually don’t actually care about loot but…I mean wow. I fear Crown Pavilion is going to be empty tomorrow with no hope of anyone completing the event.

The mechanics of the bosses are pretty cool, and I love a challenge but holly potato muffins they are loooooonnnggg. So much hp. And then to get a couple blues and a green in the end…well, I just hope this is a bug.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

I usually don’t actually care about loot but…I mean wow. I fear Crown Pavilion is going to be empty tomorrow with no hope of anyone completing the event.

The mechanics of the bosses are pretty cool, and I love a challenge but holly potato muffins they are loooooonnnggg. So much hp. And then to get a couple blues and a green in the end…well, I just hope this is a bug.

They are total chumps if they are not juiced up by too many players trying to kill them. The pavilion’s bosses are supposed to be done with a group at each of them, and no more than 10-15 persons per bosses.

Posted by: wingofbenu.4316

wingofbenu.4316

They are total chumps if they are not juiced up by too many players trying to kill them. The pavilion’s bosses are supposed to be done with a group at each of them, and no more than 10-15 persons per bosses.

But good luck getting that to happen , I remember I tried a few times today..and our best effort resulted in 50 people at one boss and 3 at another,