Pax Stream [merged]

Pax Stream [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

Is anyone else watching this?………….. smh………………..

Anet. WE DO NOT WANT MORE ZERG CONTENT.

Just because you add more health doesnt make it harder! There is nothing strategic about zerging. Its just a spam fest.

sigh………………

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

(edited by Moderator)

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

At PAX, ArenaNet will be unveiling some new content at their panel. Will it just be an early preview of world 2 in Super Adventure Box or will it be something brand new? Maybe we are getting a sneak peak at the Thaumanova Reactor. We know they’re working on a new borderlands map for WvW so it might just be that. Hopefully it’s something totally unexpected though. Surprises are always a good thing.

Be sure to tune in to twitch at around 1:30 PM PST to find out.
http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

(edited by zeromius.1604)

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

A brand new armor for 800 gems.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Speculation says it might be a revamped Tequatl (plus maybe other world bosses?) which might have some of the “invasion event” elements in it.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Pax Stream [merged]

Nuka Cola.8520

Speculation says it might be a revamped Tequatl (plus maybe other world bosses?) which might have some of the “invasion event” elements in it.

that would be the most disappointing reveal since…….. since game was released. Why the hell would you need pax to announced something as boring? Just drop a nuke on those boring stationary bosses and build something new that has more than 1 and a half animation…

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

that would be the most disappointing reveal since…….. since game was released. Why the hell would you need pax to announced something as boring? Just drop a nuke on those boring stationary bosses and build something new that has more than 1 and a half animation…

They are also adding a giant Nuka Cola Quantum world boss. As you damage the giant bottle AoE leaks start popping out of it. If you stand in the AoE for more than 2 seconds your character is permanently transformed into a mutant and will proceed to be made fun of by passing by asura.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

Ascended underpants.

Pax Stream [merged]

Nuka Cola.8520

They are also adding a giant Nuka Cola Quantum world boss. As you damage the giant bottle AoE leaks start popping out of it. If you stand in the AoE for more than 2 seconds your character is permanently transformed into a mutant and will proceed to be made fun of by passing by asura.

I think dat boss would be too hardcore and its not disappointing the casual crowd anet wants! I would fight that boss tho, knowing its more powerful and rare than im.

Pax Stream [merged]

Nuka Cola.8520

wow i never asked for this——

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

You are right.

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

New Tequatl indeed, nothing too fancy.

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Ascended underpants.

with utility infusion slot?

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Aside from doing it once to see what it is, if they do not increase the rewards for Teq, not many will do the event……hasn’t that been proven to be the case?

Serenity now~Insanity later

Pax Stream [merged]

Nuka Cola.8520

Aside from doing it once to see what it is, if they do not increase the rewards for Teq, not many will do the event……hasn’t that been proven to be the case?

Are you telling me that you don’t enjoy 1 Rare, 2 Greens and 47 Blues? Please——- this game isn’t for you!

Pax Stream [merged]

Essence Snow.3194

Just pointing out the obvious, which some seem to ignore.

PS on another note..the people in the twitch chat…wow…just wow, I cannot blame anet for not responding to any of the comments

(edited by Essence Snow.3194)

Pax Stream [merged]

Nuka Cola.8520

Im watching the stream and this looks dumb as hell. Its exactly what we’ve had since game was released but this time around its more of a chore that takes even longer to spam your autos. They already talk about teq achievements as if its something that will increase your fun while auto attacking and rezing for 30 minutes.

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Just pointing out the obvious, which some seem to ignore.

PS on another note..the people in the twitch chat…wow…just wow, I cannot blame anet for not responding to any of the comments

GVG please (TriHard face)

Pax Stream [merged]

Essence Snow.3194

Ok so chance at new teq exclusive ascended weaps and teq mini. What does chance mean? Chance as in percursor chance?

Pax Stream [merged]

Nuka Cola.8520

“i can’t wait for you guys to come up with new strategies” like spamming auto and rezing? Wow, talk about a new strategy needed for a stationary target…

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

New Tequatl + LFG on the 17th of september Gotta say the Tequatl fight looked really nice and certainly not mindlessly zergable. We will see

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Ok so chance at new teq exclusive ascended weaps and teq mini. What does chance mean? Chance as in percursor chance?

0.001% is still a chance.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

new content is old content)))))))))))))))
so reworks in gw2 make for new content, noted

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Kyrel.8942

Kyrel.8942

I welcome the new Tequatl overlord!

Pax Stream [merged]

Nuka Cola.8520

0.001% is still a chance.

I think you’re a little bit too generous with this one, add a couple of zeros.

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Kyrel.8942

Kyrel.8942

spam fest was the reason they failed imo

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

new content is old content)))))))))))))))
so reworks in gw2 make for new content, noted

Yeah, someone explain that changing something doesn’t make it new.

What are the rewards? Still the same guaranteed rare and a “chance” at some unique ascended skin/mini?

Why would people do this over, for example, Maw?

(edited by Pifil.5193)

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

This is so freaking lame…

Pax Stream [merged]

Nuka Cola.8520

This is so freaking lame…

6.5k people on the stream agree with u

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

i feel….uneasy….this is probably the worst reveal ive ever experienced…..im lost for words….their big reveal is revamped old stuff? and they are labelling it as new content reveal? …. i just….wow…

Wheres raids? wheres new pvp modes? wheres gvg? wheres anything that the playerbase ACTUALLY wants….anet please im begging you….dont do your big reveal at PAX as 1 revamped old boss….thats pathetic.

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

They did say you can get special Ascended Weapons out of this as well as a Tequatl mini. So it’s not just rares possible. Plus it requires coordination beyond mindlessly hacking at a dragon’s toe.

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

The new fight doesn’t look much better.

Still a static sponge, still something that takes a lot of people smashing into it to kill. Even the 80+ players hitting it in the video didn’t take it to less than 50% health, not because they kept dying or were busy with something else needed to kill the boss, rather because Teq could simply take the hits.

I like the change to the system – rewards given after the event is done – and I like that losing actually changes the map – as small and meaningless as the change is, people will simply avoid that little corner of the map until Teq returns, which is what already happens anyway.

The dragon itself doesn’t look any more fun to fight. Jormag still appears to be better.

Plus it requires coordination beyond mindlessly hacking at a dragon’s toe.

Why?

The dev mentioned that the turrets aren’t really necessary to kill the dragon. If anything, they look like the Shatterer’s turrets.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Pax Stream [merged]

rjnemer.7816

New Tequatl + LFG on the 17th of september Gotta say the Tequatl fight looked really nice and certainly not mindlessly zergable. We will see

Are you serious? Not mindlessly zergable? THATS EXACTLY WHAT IT IS. They only have like 50 people their and on there FIRST TRY they almost beat it.

Think about when the map is maxed out with people killing it. This is a joke.

I really thought we were getting raids…………..

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: lekyii.9856

lekyii.9856

This is was the fail of the month for sure, when the guys from Anet starts to talk about "we know you want Challenge content " and everyone on the chat was like Raids or GvG finally.

Really a revamp on Tequatl the Sunless !? really

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

It does still look like it could be outnumbered. But they definitely put in a lot of stuff to make it more annoying. All the debuffs will definitely slow everyone down despite numbers though. And slowing down doesn’t particularly make it better or more challenging, just makes people question their time spent more. :/

Curious to see how it would play out on live servers though. If the rewards are worth it (which they sound like it would be) then it will be done, otherwise it’ll be abandoned like every other “strategic” boss we have now.

Either way, it looks way more interesting to do then any of the current fights. I’ll definitely look forward to trying it.

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

I thought the tequatl thing is a joke. Was that seriously the big special new info for PAX?

If a world boss requires more from me than standing at 1200 range and pushing 1 I’ll just hit it enough to get credit and afk. eg, Scarlets Invasion

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Pax Stream [merged]

zeromius.1604

Wow, it’s almost like you had insider knowledge. I mean, it could have been the Shatterer, the Fire Elemental, or any of those other world bosses that are never visited.

Pax Stream [merged]

Nuka Cola.8520

notice how many thousands of players asking for gvg while devs show more stupid zerging

Pax Stream [merged]

Essence Snow.3194

Point being that if it’s too low (like precursors) it will not sustain enough players. When not enough players can be motivated to go to the event, those that do will find it even more disheartening, thus they will stop going as well.

There will be an initial rush of players for the achievements and to figure out the chances. Once that surge passes unless the chances are reasonable it’ll only aid in the dwindling of the event.

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

like i would be fine with the tequatl rework and embrace it with happiness, if it wasnt for that speaker saying stuff like “This is what you have been asking for this game! This is huge! We had a team working on this for a long time and its finally ready! ARE YOU READDY?”?!?!?!?!?" and then…. tequatl reworked rofl and here i was wondering “GVG, DECENT INSTANCED CHALLENGING CONTENT?!”. God so disapointed….

Pax Stream [merged]

rjnemer.7816

They did say you can get special Ascended Weapons out of this as well as a Tequatl mini. So it’s not just rares possible. Plus it requires coordination beyond mindlessly hacking at a dragon’s toe.

Did they say if they were tradable weapons? If not its just worthless junk until rng favors you and gives you a weapon you need.

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

Are you serious? Not mindlessly zergable? THATS EXACTLY WHAT IT IS. They only have like 50 people their and on there FIRST TRY they almost beat it.

If it were mindlessly zergable they would have beaten it. They only reason they got as far as they did is the devs cheated to get them to the second stage.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Pax Stream [merged]

Nuka Cola.8520

That “special” ascended weapon will have a glowing orb on the handle of the weapon as on the new Eternity,,,,,, mark my words it’ll be something extremely simplistic and stupid.

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Think about when the map is maxed out with people killing it. This is a joke.

I really thought we were getting raids…………..

Yes I am. They didn’t even bring it to less than 60% of his life and we know there’s different phases based on percentage of HP.

Even if it ends up dying easily, from what I see it’s still ten times better than what it used to be. But again, I’ll have to fight it before judging.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Jordy.1570

Jordy.1570

we need a dev revamp. soooo lame. rly no better ideas? i dont get it…. there is nothing enjoyable in these big events….

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

The GvG spam has been the highlight of the entire thing so far.

Pax Stream [merged]

zeromius.1604

It’s something similar to zerging except players in that zerg can’t suck. Basically they’re trying to make large scale content challenging. Yes, Tequatl is a damage sponge but he also has abilities that will kill you if you don’t know what you’re doing.

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

good lord, that twitch chat is terrible, can’t even read anything.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Yes I am. They didn’t even bring it to less than 60% of his life and we know there’s different phases based on percentage of HP.

Even if it ends up dying easily, from what I see it’s still ten times better than what it used to be. But again, I’ll have to fight it before judging.

Are those people even using the classes and builds that they normally do?

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

It’s annoying and childish.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Pax Stream [merged]

Essence Snow.3194

Though I find it amusing tbh those that care about gvg are in the minority. That is something that the devs know. A handful of players spamming the stream will not change that.