Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

Was that it? …

~~Ayeres~~

Pax Stream [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

They’re on break now, returning in just over 30 minutes with an “exciting announcement.” So we haven’t seen all the reveals.

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

The line that keeps being used is “We hear what the community is asking for”. That actually makes matters worse because they hear us but they just don’t actually care what we think.

And impartial observer would’ve noted that revamping the loot pinatas we call world bosses was something many players asked for, me included. Didn’t a recent thread about making the open world harder get upvoted?

People have been asking for things like player housing, new races/skills, gvg, better armor choices, more WvW updates, polymock, precursor crafting/scavenger hunt, new legendaries, guild halls, and other things far more than just making Tequatl behave slightly differently.

Some of these things are already in the game. Others aren’t as feasible right now and resources are probably better spent elsewhere.

• New races will require their own personal story additions.
  • GvG will really just be sPvP but between players from different guilds.
  • There will be new skills added to the game.
  • I’m not sure what you mean by better armor choices but there are new runes, lots of new skins, and Ascended armor coming up.
  • There’s been a number of WvW updates. They’re also bringing new features in and bringing the orbs back somehow.
  • Precursor crafting will likely appear in some future update after everyone’s crafted their Ascended weapons.
  • Playing housing/guild halls seems like a good idea but it could end up being really gimmicky. How often do you think people would actually visit their own houses or guild halls?

Yes these things require resources, all things do. By you saying the resources are better spent elsewhere you are doing exactly what they are. These things are constantly being asked for, but always ignored or postponed for indefinite or excessive amounts of time.

All the things you have tried to answer with “it’s coming, maybe, sometime in the future” which is all we’ve heard for a year.

Then it’s coming, eventually. What else do you want? Them to release content at the whims of people who request it? People seem to forget that this isn’t their game, it’s ANets. I’m pretty sure ANet has a schedule of content with when it’s suppose to go live. Why isn’t it out “NAO?!?!!?!”, because they’re working on other things they think is important or has more support.

They produce the game, FOR US. They don’t make the game for themselves to just gawk at. If they aren’t listening to their target audience, they are doing it wrong.

No doubt, it’s made for us, I agree. However, they have a crapton of other content they’re working on for us to progress their game. They’re delivering content, updates, changes etc. It’s just not what you want.

It’s not what a lot of people want. Which is my entire point.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

notice how many thousands of players asking for gvg while devs show more stupid zerging

Funny. All I saw was a lot of childish spamming from the same people over and over that made reading anything worthwhile impossible…

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Excuse me, but how and where do you view this stuff?

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

So many people asking for Gvg. But they see Gvg as what happens in WvW now. 20v20 or 30v30 deathmatch. That’s bound to be a fail when they would actually implement a structure to support it, unless they keep it casually in WvW.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

The line that keeps being used is “We hear what the community is asking for”. That actually makes matters worse because they hear us but they just don’t actually care what we think.

And impartial observer would’ve noted that revamping the loot pinatas we call world bosses was something many players asked for, me included. Didn’t a recent thread about making the open world harder get upvoted?

People have been asking for things like player housing, new races/skills, gvg, better armor choices, more WvW updates, polymock, precursor crafting/scavenger hunt, new legendaries, guild halls, and other things far more than just making Tequatl behave slightly differently.

Some of these things are already in the game. Others aren’t as feasible right now and resources are probably better spent elsewhere.

• I’m not sure what you mean by better armor choices but there are new runes, lots of new skins, and Ascended armor coming up.
  • There’s been a number of WvW updates. They’re also bringing new features in and bringing the orbs back somehow.
  • Precursor crafting will likely appear in some future update after everyone’s crafted their Ascended weapons.
  • Playing housing/guild halls seems like a good idea but it could end up being really gimmicky. How often do you think people would actually visit their own houses or guild halls?

Yes these things require resources, all things do. By you saying the resources are better spent elsewhere you are doing exactly what they are. These things are constantly being asked for, but always ignored or postponed for indefinite or excessive amounts of time.

All the things you have tried to answer with “it’s coming, maybe, sometime in the future” which is all we’ve heard for a year.

Then it’s coming, eventually. What else do you want? Them to release content at the whims of people who request it? People seem to forget that this isn’t their game, it’s ANets. I’m pretty sure ANet has a schedule of content with when it’s suppose to go live. Why isn’t it out “NAO?!?!!?!”, because they’re working on other things they think is important or has more support.

They produce the game, FOR US. They don’t make the game for themselves to just gawk at. If they aren’t listening to their target audience, they are doing it wrong.

No doubt, it’s made for us, I agree. However, they have a crapton of other content they’re working on for us to progress their game. They’re delivering content, updates, changes etc. It’s just not what you want.

On these forums, you mean. And as we all know, we get a TON of lurkers on the forums, so the majority here may in fact be the minority in-game, as the Election proved with Kiel winning most of the vote.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

They’re on break now, returning in just over 30 minutes with an “exciting announcement.” So we haven’t seen all the reveals.

So if Tequatl wasn’t the big reveal then this could get good! (New boss fight mechanics are good just not very exciting stuff)

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

Well, actually a lot of these things are already in the game. That’s why I was trying to say. People who say WvW hasn’t been getting attention are forgetting about WXP and the WvW skills that come along with it. People who ask for updates to sPvP seem to forget that they’ve added three new maps along with all the features like spectator, solo queue, private arenas, etc. People who ask for better champion loot got what they wanted too, much to the chagrin of the non-farming players.

More importantly, people who have been asking for a LFG tool are getting exactly that. It is coming in the update after Super Adventure Box. The best part about it is that it’s not limited to dungeons only. You can use it to find players for open world events or to just group up for whatever reason. I think it’s time we stopped pretending that there have been no changes made to the game.

Not a single WvW’er in the entire game asked for WXP. They constantly add things that no one asked for. They spend far too much time on those things, as well.

Maybe they didn’t ask for WXP specifically but they did want new features. It just happens that ArenaNet delivered in the form of WvW skills like trebuchet mastery, catapult mastery, supply mastery, etc. Some people want new maps for the borderlands and during one of the WvW livestreams they actually gave a brief glimpse of one in the works.

There are also things that people ask for that ArenaNet can’t really comply with because other players would disagree. Some people want the jumping puzzles removed from WvW while others who don’t like ganking want the jumping puzzles to be safe havens. We know that such things aren’t realistic so these kinds of changes probably won’t happen.

I also didn’t mention how people wanted things to do as a guild. They added guild missions and will likely add new ones in the future. People wanted some of the temporary content to become temporary so they’re bringing back MWF and AR as fractals while making a brand new fractal.

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

The stream is on, they’re taking a break for a bit

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/

Pax Stream [merged]

zeromius.1604

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

The stream is on, they’re taking a break for a bit

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/

Ah. Thank you. So that is why it is just (good) music for 60 minutes.

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

announcement yet to come….im suddenly slightly more intrigued still with that sour taste of its probably just an announcement of another revamped world boss " The Shatterer "

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Well, actually a lot of these things are already in the game. That’s why I was trying to say. People who say WvW hasn’t been getting attention are forgetting about WXP and the WvW skills that come along with it. People who ask for updates to sPvP seem to forget that they’ve added three new maps along with all the features like spectator, solo queue, private arenas, etc. People who ask for better champion loot got what they wanted too, much to the chagrin of the non-farming players.

More importantly, people who have been asking for a LFG tool are getting exactly that. It is coming in the update after Super Adventure Box. The best part about it is that it’s not limited to dungeons only. You can use it to find players for open world events or to just group up for whatever reason. I think it’s time we stopped pretending that there have been no changes made to the game.

People are going to whine because it’s not changes they want.

No, people will whine because its changes no one wants

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

But a lot of people do want these changes. While there’s lots of QQ posts here on the forums and other fan websites, there’s just an equal ( if not higher ) amount of players defending the changes or arguing against certain things that are requested.

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Kyrel.8942

Kyrel.8942

I want these changes

Pax Stream [merged]

Copestetic.5174

I do too. In fact, harder open world content was recently talked about here on the forums. Most were in favor of it if I remember. Even if not specifically in that thread, there’s a plethora of others just like it requesting the same thing, showing a lot of support.

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

They should have added instanced raids. :-/ 15, or 25 man, or something like that. Make guaranteed ascended gear drops rollable at the end. THAT is what players want for end-game content.

Sure, 1-5% of players might approve of this kind of change/effort, but that’s all you’re gonna get.

The game still has no “real” end-game. If they just added a “real” endgame, they could stop with the farming releases, and revamping old crap. Players, at large, really don’t want this stuff. If they just polled the community or at least paid attention to the things the community have been asking for, they’d KNOW this wasn’t what people want. I predict that this event will go unbeaten most of the time, and will probably lose a lot of popularity as a result.

There are thousands of us here, telling ANet every day what we want out of this game, and ANet still continues to serve things that players don’t want to eat. We are a great resource if we weren’t largely ignored.

EDIT: The LFG tool is obviously a welcome addition. Players have been asking for that since beta. The good is that they provided it. The bad is that it took them over a year to do it…

(edited by Hickeroar.9734)

Pax Stream [merged]

zeromius.1604

I don’t know where you’ve been but I do believe that at the very least someone if not everyone wants a LFG tool. They’re bringing that into the game with the update after Super Adventure Box. On that note, I’m sure a lot of people wanted a lot of those new sPvP features they implemented. I’m sure a lot of people wanted guild missions, the account wallet, new fractals, etc. There’s definitely people that don’t want this stuff for some reason but I wouldn’t say no one wants them.

Pax Stream [merged]

Nuka Cola.8520

You know about what GW2 is currently reminding me of? Dragon Age 2 when compared to DO:A.

(edited by Nuka Cola.8520)

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Kaleygh.1524

Kaleygh.1524

But a lot of people do want these changes. While there’s lots of QQ posts here on the forums and other fan websites, there’s just an equal ( if not higher ) amount of players defending the changes or arguing against certain things that are requested.

Weird, because most people seem to consider the Living Story really boring, to give you just an example.
But then again, i am pretty sure that if they introduce new arrowcart skins for 800 gems tomorrow there will be a few fanboys really pleased about it.
The main question is -
Look where the the game is 1 year later. Are you happy ?
Are the spvp/tpvp people happy ? – most seem to think its getting worse and worse
Are the hardcore wvw-ers happy ? – not really
Are the pve-ers happy ? – no clue
If you are happy with the direction the game is heading to, then i`m really glad for you, but i do not feel the same.
Watching their “big announcement” of a 1 hour fight that will probably turn into another laggy zergfest doesnt get my hopes up.

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

Pax Stream [merged]

Nuka Cola.8520

I don’t know where you’ve been but I do believe that at the very least someone if not everyone wants a LFG tool. They’re bringing that into the game with the update after Super Adventure Box. On that note, I’m sure a lot of people wanted a lot of those new sPvP features they implemented. I’m sure a lot of people wanted guild missions, the account wallet, new fractals, etc. There’s definitely people that don’t want this stuff for some reason but I wouldn’t say no one wants them.

Alright, i’ll bite. What are those so kitten amazing spvp features are we talking about? a leaderboard???? visit spvp section and see how happy is everyone down there. Guild missions are more repetitive and boring than Champ farming and this should tell you a lot. new fractals? Where? I don’t see any. What i see is a buggy mess fractals are 9 months after released with none existent reward system. Acc wallet added 11 months after game’s launch /yay? also, what is that “etc”, nerfs to all possible farms?

Pax Stream [merged]

Geikamir.6329

On these forums, you mean. And as we all know, we get a TON of lurkers on the forums, so the majority here may in fact be the minority in-game, as the Election proved with Kiel winning most of the vote.

We have no other evidence to go by but requests made on public forums such as this one, reddit, and guru. So I am arguing based off evidence, where as others are arguing based off of???

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Cmon guys dont event try to White knight on this, they really fail on this one

I feel that the new Tequatl is a step in the right direction and I welcome more changes that are like that to other content in the game like the other meta events and even dungeons.

Oh noes, better not white knight and give my opinion. Get off your high horse and stop telling others what they can and can’t say or think. Some people like it – some don’t. Respect both sides.

Pax Stream [merged]

Nuka Cola.8520

^now if that took them a year… how many years will we need for those “more changes”?

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

A new Tequalt is a welcomed change but

-i hope there are similar plans for the rest of meta events

-i hope that this (and the wvw leagues + lfg system) isn’t the only “exciting announcement”

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Pax Stream [merged]

Copestetic.5174

Weird, because most people seem to consider the Living Story really boring, to give you just an example.
But then again, i am pretty sure that if they introduce new arrowcart skins for 800 gems tomorrow there will be a few fanboys really pleased about it.
The main question is -
Look where the the game is 1 year later. Are you happy ?
Are the spvp/tpvp people happy ? – most seem to think its getting worse and worse
Are the hardcore wvw-ers happy ? – not really
Are the pve-ers happy ? – no clue
If you are happy with the direction the game is heading to, then i`m really glad for you, but i do not feel the same.
Watching their “big announcement” of a 1 hour fight that will probably turn into another laggy zergfest doesnt get my hopes up.

The Living Story content is something a good amount of players often complain about. I personally find it boring as well, but I also realize that it’s still in its infancy pertaining to the story of GW2. I think that is the reason it seems “boring” to people ( again, myself included ). However, in a year or two? No doubt we’ll be killing dragons or saving Divinity’s Reach from some dragon invasion or something, that will have real ramifications if we fail. But again, it’s something that’s going to take time to get to the “good bits” people already expect.

I think the single-most important thing to realize is that the game is only a year old.

Pax Stream [merged]

zeromius.1604

Alright, i’ll bite. What are those so kitten amazing spvp features are we talking about? a leaderboard???? visit spvp section and see how happy is everyone down there. Guild missions are more repetitive and boring than Champ farming and this should tell you a lot. new fractals? Where? I don’t see any. What i see is a buggy mess fractals are 9 months after released with none existent reward system. Acc wallet added 11 months after game’s launch /yay? also, what is that “etc”, nerfs to all possible farms?

Solo queue for tournaments, spectator, three new maps, and yes leader boards. I’m probably missing something but I don’t do sPvP much. I’m sure the PvP forum will be filled with complaints because someone who is happy won’t take the time to praise ArenaNet.

Your opinion of guild missions is your own. Some people like them while others don’t. They only get repetitive after you’ve done them many times. Realistically you should be feeling tedium after playing any piece of content in any game many times over.

The new fractals are coming. I’m not going to say they will be revolutionary but people, maybe not including yourself, are looking forward to them. The rewards will come in time like with the revamped dungeon rewards. Don’t expect exotics to drop like the rain though. I think that’s the mistake ArenaNet made with the champions. They needed better loot for sure but listening to complainers and making a knee jerk reaction to make their loot too good was a big mistake. That’s why you have champion farming to the exclusion of everything else.

As for nerf to farming spots, I will say that it is my personal preference that there be no farming spots. Of course, I’m not saying ArenaNet should stop farming altogether because I know some players actually enjoy this sort of activity.

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

Solo queue for tournaments, spectator, three new maps, and yes leader boards. I’m probably missing something but I don’t do sPvP much. I’m sure the PvP forum will be filled with complaints because someone who is happy won’t take the time to praise ArenaNet.

Solo queue is nice, but it should have been there on day 1. There are numerous problems with matches starting 4v5, and the matchmaking algorithm has been confirmed to be faulty, often putting together teams of better players vs noob teams. There is also another confirmed bug that causes one of the maps to appear far more often than the others, and has yet to be fixed in about 2 months.

Spectator is almost worthless because you can only watch hotjoin. Also you have to be present in the server to view the match, and that means no more than about 5 people can watch. There is no record/demo/replay functionality, and it appears that none is planned due to technical difficulties. Tournaments can’t be spectated. Spectator is effectively only for streamers during predetermined matches on custom arenas. BTW custom arenas are also a big joke, lots of money/gems to get one but if you leave it inactive for a couple weeks they delete it completely.

Three new maps of the same boring conquest. Nuff said.

Leaderboards that lets people sit 14-0 at the top with no decay while they play another account and due to abysmally low population it’s possible to sync enter with your guildies and dominate solo queue.

sPvP is doing great, I’m glad you brought it up.

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

Best pvp dodge ive ever seen…..I dont see this game ever getting pvp to a competitive level now….god kittening dammit

Pax Stream [merged]

Geikamir.6329

Best pvp dodge ive ever seen…..I dont see this game ever getting pvp to a competitive level now….god kittening dammit

Colin has permanent PvP-question-dodging Vigor.

Pax Stream [merged]

milo.6942

I missed it, what happened

Pax Stream [merged]

RyuDragnier.9476

Can’t blame him for that, considering how toxic the PvP community is, no offense.

[hS]

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Joonks.7501

Joonks.7501

For those that came to this thread to actually find out what’s been discussed so far, here’s a link to Dulfy’s coverage:

http://dulfy.net/2013/08/31/gw2-pax-anniversary-bash-coverage/

I’d just follow that as this thread is pretty much just people complaining, as usual.

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

Can’t blame him for that, considering how toxic the PvP community is, no offense.

Maybe there’s a valid reason for it being so toxic?

~~Ayeres~~

Pax Stream [merged]

Geikamir.6329

For those that came to this thread to actually find out what’s been discussed so far, here’s a link to Dulfy’s coverage:

I’d just follow that as this thread is pretty much just people complaining, as usual.

You can’t tell me what to do. You’re not my real dad!

Pax Stream [merged]

RyuDragnier.9476

So there’s a valid reason for calling for nerfs on any and every class that beats a person’s build, there’s a valid reason for bashing the hell out of anybody who doesn’t play PvP religiously, and there’s a valid reason for all the hostilities in general from the PvP subforums?

[hS]

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Someone asked if there’ll be other SPvP types such as assault, capture the flag, etc.

Colin answered that they want to make SPvP easily watchable so that you can see the score, know who’s winning, etc. He ended it by saying adding different modes isn’t out of the question, aka one day it might be added. (all of what he said has been said before)

The first part of his answer didn’t really make sense, since capture the flag and assault are easily watchable? If you have no clue what you’re looking at, those two are much easier to watch imo.

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Please for the love of god would some normal people/players go to these things and ask questions that hold water!

Serenity now~Insanity later

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Mod jon_peters: you have to actively react to all the passive things going on
Mod jon_peters: so its still very reactionary and there is still a LOT of skill in spirit ranger

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Thanks dude. Exactly what I was after.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

i hope they provide a reason for time gating….

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Pax Stream [merged]

milo.6942

i hope they provide a reason for time gating….

to keep people logging in every day, what other reason is there

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

Yeah. Because PvPers make it that way no matter what Developers do.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Bonefield.9813

Bonefield.9813

Someone asked if there’ll be other SPvP types such as assault, capture the flag, etc.

Colin answered that they want to make SPvP easily watchable so that you can see the score, know who’s winning, etc. He ended it by saying adding different modes isn’t out of the question, aka one day it might be added. (all of what he said has been said before)

The first part of his answer didn’t really make sense, since capture the flag and assault are easily watchable? If you have no clue what you’re looking at, those two are much easier to watch imo.

His answer was a little more positive toward it than that. He said that they were looking at more game types, but that they have to be careful to make sure that whatever they add is really good because it will mean splitting resources. They don’t want to harm the current game modes, and he mentioned one of the problems with GW1 PvP being that not all of them attracted a strong enough playerbase to keep them healthy.

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

despite the idea’s shortcomings?

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Pax Stream [merged]

zeromius.1604

Capture the flag has been incorporated into conquest on the Spirit Watch map. It’s not the same as a straight capture the flag game but it actually adds a bit of variety to the standard flag capturing gameplay we’ve seen in past games.

Assault is sort of implemented into conquest on the Legacy of the Foefire map. You often find players trying to kill the guild lords to end the game. Often you’ll find the other team either racing to see who kills who’s guild lord first. Some times you’ll see one team defending their guild lord against the other team.

Pax Stream [merged]

zeromius.1604

Yeah. Because PvPers make it that way no matter what Developers do.

The League of Legends forum would agree with you.

Pax Stream [merged]

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

Was I the only one that facepalmed when that one player requested a UI mechanic to announce to her guild when she finishes a legendary?

I was like “There’s already one. It’s called guild chat.”

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Pax Stream [merged]

Nuka Cola.8520

We have no other evidence to go by but requests made on public forums such as this one, reddit, and guru. So I am arguing based off evidence, where as others are arguing based off of???

Of nothing. That’s how thick fanboy goggles are.