Pay to win elements creeping in

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Oh it is happening, slowly but surely. We aren’t talking direct gem store pay to win, we are just talking it’s gon be expensive, but if you have the gold you gon get better.

http://www.gw2db.com/items/77060-potion-of-karka-toughness
150 toughness, stacks with food. Expensive.

The there’s the new consumable Dragon’s revelry starcake which is all stat 45+ 5%crit 20mf. It gon be expensive.

It’s slowly coming guys. Be prepared.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

… Yes because its not like maintenance oils and sharpening stones has existed since the launch of the game. Its been slowly coming for a year.

Posted by: New Character Yo.6487

New Character Yo.6487

Errrrr…. consumables…. Since when were those pay 2 win.

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

So when is this supposed to happen?

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

It’s coming? But it’s always existed. Maintenance oils, sharpening stones, and food consumables already exist. The highest tier maintenance oil/sharpening stones cost around ~8s. The Karka Toughness potion’s mat costs about ~15s, which isn’t that much more expensive.

It’s always been there, it’s not something recently introduced.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Potion of Karka Toughness – From what I can see, the only way to get that now is playing Crab Toss (since the Southsun Economist and Supply Crates aren’t around anymore). Unsure how this is P2W.

Can’t really argue about the other one, although I fail to see how you ‘win’ by having it. Can it be used in SPvP?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Oh it is happening, slowly but surely. We aren’t talking direct gem store pay to win, we are just talking it’s gon be expensive, but if you have the gold you gon get better.

http://www.gw2db.com/items/77060-potion-of-karka-toughness
150 toughness, stacks with food. Expensive.

The there’s the new consumable Dragon’s revelry starcake which is all stat 45+ 5%crit 20mf. It gon be expensive.

It’s slowly coming guys. Be prepared.

All I have to say is, -LOL.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Potion of Karka Toughness – From what I can see, the only way to get that now is playing Crab Toss (since the Southsun Economist and Supply Crates aren’t around anymore). Unsure how this is P2W.

Can’t really argue about the other one, although I fail to see how you ‘win’ by having it. Can it be used in SPvP?

Crab Toss doesn’t exist anymore, but the Southsun Economists still exists (does he require all 4 settlements unlocked to sell the potion?)

It can’t be used in sPvP, but can be used in WvW.

Im Mudbone.1437

Supply crates ARE still available, I get at least 1 every day depending on how long I farm Southsun.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Crab Toss doesn’t exist anymore, but the Southsun Economists still exists (does he require all 4 settlements unlocked to sell the potion?)

It can’t be used in sPvP, but can be used in WvW.

Supply crates ARE still available, I get at least 1 every day depending on how long I farm Southsun.

Huh. My apologies. I got my info off of the Wiki -.-

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I don’t see the problem with this. You already have to buy all your gear and such, consumables shouldn’t be excluded.

The only time “pay to win” is a problem is when it requires real money.

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

The food you mention is terrible and I would not touch it in WvW. Utilities cover my needed stat and food covers my stund/condition duration removal or even getting 400+ health for every kill I make.

45+ to stats and 5% crit damage is NULL in comparison to how helpful other foods are.

Why are people like you always trying to scare people? Quit fear mongering and play the game.

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

Posted by: Zindrix.1750

Zindrix.1750

Still chance of a weapon ticket in those?

Posted by: Hylgeriak.8250

Hylgeriak.8250

ermmm…don’t use consumables at all, and I’m still winning all the time in PvE. What kind of sorcery is that?

little survey here:
[ ] Gasoline did unterstand what’s meant by “pay to win”
[x] Gasoline did NOT unterstand what’s meant by “pay to win”

Kyrgyz Manas – Gandara[EU]

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Please don’t try tricking people into buying your overpriced food.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Zoldyck.6241

Zoldyck.6241

ermmm…don’t use consumables at all, and I’m still winning all the time in PvE. What kind of sorcery is that?

little survey here:
[ ] Gasoline did unterstand what’s meant by “pay to win”
[x] Gasoline did NOT unterstand what’s meant by “pay to win”

[x] Gasoline is trying to inflate the price of food and sell his stacks.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I was going to weigh in here (because Gasoline is one of my favorite guys), but since you’re all doing a good job of refuting the P2W claim, I’ll just say, “Good job, everyone.” lol

Im Mudbone.1437

Still chance of a weapon ticket in those?

I have no clue about the ticket sorry.