Pay2skin.

Pay2skin.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ErazorZ.5209

ErazorZ.5209

Its official, they are keeping the threadmill alive, The season finale looks nothing like season1 finale.

They add 70% of all ‘cool’ skins to the gemstore every week, They add 29% of skins to the game wich is purchasable with gems->gold and 1% of skins you can actually ‘earn’ (if you even call 1% RNG chance earning) ingame without the use of gold where half is not even subpar ‘cool’. (note in gw1 there was no way to buy ingame items with cash and the only ‘gemstore’ items where a few seasonal outfits)

Since the first LS.

There is no endgame unless you like to do unrewarding, will never get you X skin because its too expensive, type of content.

Or Farm/grind all day for that 1 skin.

Or whip out your credit card and accept the fact that you are infact spending loads of cash on a virtual pixel world where there is literally nothing to do wich is even remotely rewarding/fun except play barbie doll dressup and AFK in LA.

Or cheesemode cassuals in cheesey PvP because reall skill doesnt matter, aslong as you can ‘play’ easymode meta.

Or WvW, the neverending story, wich never even started to be rewarding.

Adventure explore hidden events? Lol, why? srsly, why. Yes, its fun that they made about 90% of the entire map filled with Do X get Y events and added a small amount of actuall content in the game. But why play that now? There is no rewards, There is no skills, to be frank. There is no immersion whatsoever or attempt to get people to communicate, cant even press an action bar when your near a chair or a bed so you could actually use it.

Gw2 couldve been a single player game with mass AI spamming any enemy. It would have the same non-social experience.

I didnt not buy this game to chat in a chatbox in LA/guildchat as the endgame.

I expected 1 hardcore rediculous dungeon endgame with superduper loot after youve beaten heart of the mists explorable mode where you fight with an actuall team to defeat Bosslike non Press 1 wait, foes and wich could give you if youd have beaten it a chance to compete in a pvp like scenario after that to enter the famed ‘heart of the mist’ where you could forge a legendary weapon.

Not press 1, wait… wait.. wait.. f, tab, 1, wait wait wait, for hours and hours. Or Pay2Skin.

If the season finale really is what the ‘teaser’ shows us. I will most likely quit, because nothing is going to change at all im afraid.

The only thing i hope is that Anet quickly tries to disconnect all ties with Cassuals and business perspective, try to get the best game out there with lying to NCgreed and all other investors. And show what Anet can do for this game and its actuall dedicated players, showcasing that stepping outside of the box, is actually the only way to succeed in the MMORPG world. Wich doesnt mean ‘Ls 1 hour every month +grind.’

Stop making the game because your told to do it a certain way. Start making a game you would love, in EVERY aspect.

Pay2skin.

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Stop making the game because your told to do it a certain way. Start making a game you would love, in EVERY aspect.

Something tells me you are still at school and have no idea of a professional hierarchy?
If your boss orders you to do something, you do it.. If not, you’re out of a job..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

Something tells me you are still at school and have no idea of a professional hierarchy?
If your boss orders you to do something, you do it.. If not, you’re out of a job..

If you have any self respect, and you do a job you dont like to do. You quit it regardless. Better to be fired with a big bang then no? Instead of having no reall prospects on where the game is going so it will eventually fall into oblivion for everyone wich will get you fired anyways.

Pay2skin.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Actually i wont mind with this model(TP), since RNG and crafting system is really bad, at least we have a good looking armor on the TP, being armor or those full suits.

actually is one of the few things i believe that works nice on this game , pay2skin.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

Actually i wont mind with this model(TP), since RNG and crafting system is really bad, at least we have a good looking armor on the TP.

but yes game is farm or blob for wxp or skins nothing more.

Yeah but why would you even bother then.

Imagine having all the skins you’d want, then what.

Pay2skin.

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

The first thought that came to my mind was how fun it was to unlock all those weapon and armor skins when the wardrobe first came out…unfortunately, that’s pretty much gone now because the drop table doesn’t include many skins it could (I’m excluding the obvious like gemstore, dungeon, PvP, and karma/badge skins).

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

The first thought that came to my mind was how fun it was to unlock all those weapon and armor skins when the wardrobe first came out…unfortunately, that’s pretty much gone now because the drop table doesn’t include many skins it could (I’m excluding the obvious like gemstore, dungeon, PvP, and karma/badge skins).

Think about it if ALL the gemstore items where actuall ingame earnable skins with specific content to be matched for it. If all that DEVELOPMENT time was put into the game instead of the paywall.

I can imagine that. And i realise with that prospect, sadly, the game is pay2skin.

Pay2skin.

Posted by: Hylgeriak.8250

Hylgeriak.8250

bro…if they don’t make moneh with gem store items, how is Anet suppost to make even moneh with this game, if not trough nice & fancy looking skind? If you have any idea, that doesn’t break game balance in that game – go ahead and speak to the world.

Kyrgyz Manas – Gandara[EU]

Pay2skin.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Gold→Gems removes any kind of Pay2Win. Stop complaining go earn your gold, convert it and get your skin. Their system promotes buying gems but you don’t need to. They still need to earn money you know. Geez.

Pay2skin.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Think about it if ALL the gemstore items where actuall ingame earnable skins with specific content to be matched for it. If all that DEVELOPMENT time was put into the game instead of the paywall.

I can imagine that. And i realise with that prospect, sadly, the game is pay2skin.

I have a hard time taking seriously any post that says that “pay to skin” makes them sad.

It is literally the best pay model ever designed for a video game, especially since you can gold2gem and buy EVERYTHING with RECREATIONAL TIME.

I’m sorry, but I have to be harsh here… your point is silly.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Pay2skin.

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

I could see them doing it with at least perhaps the lowest selling gemstore skins…like I will NEVER buy those stupid looking lawless ones…lol.

Pay2skin.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

it’s not bad to add skins in the gem store, it’s bad to exclusively make skins for the gem store.
in al this time, how many skins do we have that doesn’t require you to ether pay with real money or farm your kitten off?
the answer is one, one single armor after 2.5 years, GW1 with only proph has more armor sets then GW2 has, not to mention all the armors in factions, nightfall and eye of the north.

it’s pathetic, in 2 years of GW1 they made more armor skins then in the whole lifespan of GW2. (not even including the costumes, the ones we can mix BTW)

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

bro…if they don’t make moneh with gem store items, how is Anet suppost to make even moneh with this game, if not trough nice & fancy looking skind? If you have any idea, that doesn’t break game balance in that game – go ahead and speak to the world.

Thats the point. Why i brought up the guildwars 1 model with this.
Guildwars 2 is made with the incentive to make as much money as possible, neglecting the most important stuff on why people even bought gw2 as a whole, and putting all that development time in the gemstore.

The guildwars 1 method was making an awesome game, so people bought it because it was awesome, and add more awesome content with expansions (money earnings) wich kept gw1 afloat. There was not even a hint of ‘we make this game for money, not because we love it’ Wich in gw2, it really smells that way.

The entire idea is not to maximize profit, but to accept what people are willingly to give you for a good product. Effectively having people telling people about this great game. Wich causes a boom in popularity = more money = endless lifespan. Wich could lead to expansions comming out sooner= even more money from a bigger playerbase.

The initial idea was for the gemstore to ‘earn’ the free LS content we receive to this day. But as people leave because of nothing substantial being added, profits start to fall because less people= less gemstore purchases = more gemstore items being released to even hit there status quo on what they should be earning every year wich in result means less content because all DEVELOPMENT time is sunk into it and more players leaving untill the entire game is just grind + massive amounts of gemstore items because thats all where the development is headed then.

Pay2skin.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Something tells me you just don’t like the game any more OP. While I agree the rewards are poor, I enjoy playing the game. And that, after all, is what I think games are about. Fun not what loot I get/have.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

Gold->Gems removes any kind of Pay2Win. Stop complaining go earn your gold, convert it and get your skin. Their system promotes buying gems but you don’t need to. They still need to earn money you know. Geez.

How does it remove pay2win? When all the content for said gold is earned doing monotone farming, aka non fun activities in a so called game.

Pay2skin.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

If you have any self respect, and you do a job you dont like to do. You quit it regardless.

OMG this is too good. On the one hand, self respect… on the other hand, having a place to live and not being hungry… LOL Let me know what you wind up doing after you graduate.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

I have a hard time taking seriously any post that says that “pay to skin” makes them sad.

It is literally the best pay model ever designed for a video game, especially since you can gold2gem and buy EVERYTHING with RECREATIONAL TIME.

Recreational time? My recreational time doesnt involve pressing 1 wait…wait..wait.. F, Tab,1, wait..wait..wait..

Thats not fun, thats a boring job designed for gold farming chinese people looking to make a RL profit. Making the annoying ‘buy x gems for cheaper price’

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

If you have any self respect, and you do a job you dont like to do. You quit it regardless.

OMG this is too good. On the one hand, self respect… on the other hand, having a place to live and not being hungry… LOL Let me know what you wind up doing after you graduate.

Im sorry that i dont intend to live by the ‘earn money till you die’ sort of people you are probably surrounded with. To be more consumeristic as a lifestyle.

I’d wrather travel the world in a crappy van selling clothes and jewelry i made myself. Actually going on an adventure RL, seeing the most beautiful places nature made. If it ever comes to that descision.

Selling out is the worst job you could ever come across with, just saying.

Pay2skin.

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

If you have any self respect, and you do a job you dont like to do. You quit it regardless. Better to be fired with a big bang then no? Instead of having no reall prospects on where the game is going so it will eventually fall into oblivion for everyone wich will get you fired anyways.

It doesn’t work that way, eventually you get fired from enough jobs and no one will hire you for a new job then you just become an unemployed bum. As for the casual market…which would you rather target? The 1 billion plus casual market or the 25 million MMO market?

P.S.> Above number are representative and not actual numbers, but they do give you an idea of the discrepancy in customer base.

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

Something tells me you just don’t like the game any more OP. While I agree the rewards are poor, I enjoy playing the game. And that, after all, is what I think games are about. Fun not what loot I get/have.

Well if you take in consideration that i loved gw1, and i loved gw2 when it was just released. And i couldnt wait for future content to be added. Because all the amazing things id have done so far where actually fun.

To then see it become a pay2skin game. Then yes you could say i do not enjoy it anymore.

Pay2skin.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

What a silly point, you speak like a little kid, sorry.

I’m imagining that right now, wait, wait. Oh right, there is nothing because no money coming in equal no content coming out. kitten reality, why can’t dev work for free, this is stupid, really PAY FOR SERVERS, what is this nonsence, next we gonna talk about mortgage and taxes for the office, tss.

If you have any sense of responsibility, you gonna make sure you have a new job before quitting so your kids can have food on their table and a good education.

I play the content I want with my friend and I can get any skin I want if I make that skin my goal.

Some farm/grind are nice in small amount, you don’t have to that all days until you want to scream at your computer.

You don’t need to spend 1 dollar in the game if you don’t want.

Cheezy build are often one sided build that are easy to counter when you know how. It work because ppl are too bad or rage too quickly to understand what happen and what to do to counter it.

Oh I give up, this kid really.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Pay2skin.

mtpelion.4562

Recreational time? My recreational time doesnt involve pressing 1 wait…wait..wait.. F, Tab,1, wait..wait..wait..

Thats not fun, thats a boring job designed for gold farming chinese people looking to make a RL profit. Making the annoying ‘buy x gems for cheaper price’

Then you are irrationally playing a video game that you hate, and that probably requires professional help from a licensed member of the medical community which you won’t get by posting about your issue on a web forum.

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

It doesn’t work that way, eventually you get fired from enough jobs and no one will hire you for a new job then you just become an unemployed bum. As for the casual market…which would you rather target? The 1 billion plus casual market or the 25 million MMO market?

P.S.> Above number are representative and not actual numbers, but they do give you an idea of the discrepancy in customer base.

If you take for granted all jobs are boring meaningless ‘grind’ so to say. Then i feel sorry for you, because even in this day and age there are still jobs that are actually worthwhile. And not just grab the cash you spent more then half your life wasting over to consume more goods.

The reall question(for example) is, would you wrather be a high quality shoe maker, or a supermarket employee who hypotethicly earns more?

Pay2skin.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Im sorry that i dont intend to live by the ‘earn money till you die’ sort of people you are probably surrounded with. To be more consumeristic as a lifestyle.

I’d wrather travel the world in a crappy van selling clothes and jewelry i made myself. Actually going on an adventure RL, seeing the most beautiful places nature made. If it ever comes to that descision.

Someone proclaiming the free spirit lifestyle of a traveling artisan wasting his time on a MMORPG and complaining in a gaming forum? Something is very fishy here…

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

Then you are irrationally playing a video game that you hate, and that probably requires professional help from a licensed member of the medical community which you won’t get by posting about your issue on a web forum.

Or i am a dedicated fan who sees one of his favourite games become a cashgrab. After having a blast at release.

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

Someone proclaiming the free spirit lifestyle of a traveling artisan wasting his time on a MMORPG and complaining in a gaming forum? Something is very fishy here…

The point isnt about the free spirit lifestyle, its about doing stuff thats actually enjoyable versus things that you do because you must.

And in my example i would earn less with my van, but atleast i would actually be alive and not do things i do not want to do, ever, in my life, aka have a better life alround.

Pay2skin.

mtpelion.4562

Or i am a dedicated fan who sees one of his favourite games become a cashgrab. After having a blast at release.

Yet you can still do all the things you could at release now…
Of course new content is going to be based on the pay model, that’s how they can offer the game to you without a subscription fee.
You, however, have the ability to play the game how you want and use the gold you get to buy anything, even gemstore items.

Pay2skin.

Hylgeriak.8250

bla

The guildwars 1 method was making an awesome game, so people bought it because it was awesome, and add more awesome content with expansions (money earnings) wich kept gw1 afloat. There was not even a hint of ‘we make this game for money, not because we love it’ Wich in gw2, it really smells that way.

dude…

Vision of Lyssa ($6.99 / €5.99 / £4.99)
Augur of Kormir ($6.99 / €5.99 / £4.99)
Ravenheart Witchwear ($6.99 / €5.99 / £4.99)
Vale Wraith ($6.99 / €5.99 / £4.99)
Dragonguard ($6.99 / €5.99 / £4.99)
Aegis of Unity ($6.99 / €5.99 / £4.99)
Disciple of Melandru ($6.99 / €5.99 / £4.99)
Agent of Balthazar ($6.99 / €5.99 / £4.99)
Wedding Couple Attire ($9.99 / €8.99 / £6.99)
Formal Attire ($6.99 / €5.99 / £4.99)
Dapper Tuxedo ($6.99 / €5.99 / £4.99)
Mad King’s Court Costume ($6.99 / €5.99 / £4.99)
Lich Costume ($6.99 / €5.99 / £4.99)
White Mantle Disguise ($6.99 / €5.99 / £4.99)
Shining Blade Uniform ($6.99 / €5.99 / £4.99)
Dwayna Costume ($6.99 / €5.99 / £4.99)
Grenth Costume ($6.99 / €5.99 / £4.99)

You know what this list is? A list of all those awesome looking in-game store only costumes (just the costumes!) in GW1. I played that too, you know…

(edited by Hylgeriak.8250)

Pay2skin.

BrotherBelial.3094

Well if you take in consideration that i loved gw1, and i loved gw2 when it was just released. And i couldnt wait for future content to be added. Because all the amazing things id have done so far where actually fun.

To then see it become a pay2skin game. Then yes you could say i do not enjoy it anymore.

They are adding content. And I don’t see how this game is pay2skin. I don’t need to buy gems to g t the skins I like. 90% of the skins in GW2 and not to my liking. And I already have 90% of the skins I like. And 100% of the skins I really want. I’ve not spent any money on gem store skins. I’ve spent plenty in the gem store, but not on the skins. I guess it’s personal preference. And how you personally view the game. But I don’t see it as pay2skin.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

What a silly point, you speak like a little kid, sorry.

I’m imagining that right now, wait, wait. Oh right, there is nothing because no money coming in equal no content coming out. kitten reality, why can’t dev work for free, this is stupid, really PAY FOR SERVERS, what is this nonsence, next we gonna talk about mortgage and taxes for the office, tss.

If you have any sense of responsibility, you gonna make sure you have a new job before quitting so your kids can have food on their table and a good education.

I play the content I want with my friend and I can get any skin I want if I make that skin my goal.

Some farm/grind are nice in small amount, you don’t have to that all days until you want to scream at your computer.

You don’t need to spend 1 dollar in the game if you don’t want.

Cheezy build are often one sided build that are easy to counter when you know how. It work because ppl are too bad or rage too quickly to understand what happen and what to do to counter it.

Oh I give up, this kid really.

I have already talked about this ‘howtogetcashifwedontcashgrab’, if you mind reading the entire thread like i am, you would see exacly what im talking about.

And for the rest, no reall point to talk with you there since you arent even bothering.

Pay2skin.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Yes, it’s pay to skin. That’s part of how they fund the servers to keep the game running.

You can grind to get anything you want with enough effort though, because gold can be traded for gems.

The fact that you have the opportunity to gain what you want through just playing the game, and are sore about the fact that cosmetic items that have no real bearing on the game and player skill level cannot be obtained extremely quickly without paying is a very shallow and selfish viewpoint, if I can be that frank with you.

Let them ‘cash grab’. if they were offering an easy way for paying players to win against people that put effort into learning game functionality, then this would be an issue. Shinies are not that serious.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

Pay2skin.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Gold->Gems removes any kind of Pay2Win. Stop complaining go earn your gold, convert it and get your skin. Their system promotes buying gems but you don’t need to. They still need to earn money you know. Geez.

How does it remove pay2win? When all the content for said gold is earned doing monotone farming, aka non fun activities in a so called game.

So running a dungeon 100 times until you get a RNG drop finally is a “fun activity”
while doing the same dungeon maybe 50 times to earn the gold to buy a skin
is stupid farming … do i get that right ?
Not to forget that you can play any other content to earn gold, while for RNG drops
you mostly have to do the exact same content again and again … for me that is
monotonous farming.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Pay2skin.

BrotherBelial.3094

bla

dude…

You know what this list is? A list of all those awesome looking in-game store only costumes (just the costumes!) in GW1. I played that too, you know…

QFT! I baught everything GW1 had to offer before the skins. Then I got most of them too. I think I’m missing 3 of the God skins.

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

bla

dude…

You know what this list is? A list of all those awesome in-game store only armos (just the armors!) in GW1. I played that too, you know…

Just a small FYI, all these items where slowly pushed and introduced as a new way of monotization. It is NOT what guildwars1 thrived upon. And those where NOT interrelated with the games ingame currency at all.

I started playing gw1 with prophecies.

Pay2skin.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I have already talked about this ‘howtogetcashifwedontcashgrab’, if you mind reading the entire thread like i am, you would see exacly what im talking about.

And for the rest, no reall point to talk with you there since you arent even bothering.

Ya i saw that, i read you wall. There is different way to earn money for a MMO. Anet went one way with gw2 and I find it awesome. You prefer another way. In the end its Anet decision and so far it seem to have pay off for them, so too bad for you.

Its not a bad decision from them. Its a decision between different system that all have their market. Whatever system they would have choose, they would have ppl that would complain about it, but its been two years so get over it pls.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

They are adding content. And I don’t see how this game is pay2skin. I don’t need to buy gems to g t the skins I like. 90% of the skins in GW2 and not to my liking. And I already have 90% of the skins I like. And 100% of the skins I really want. I’ve not spent any money on gem store skins. I’ve spent plenty in the gem store, but not on the skins. I guess it’s personal preference. And how you personally view the game. But I don’t see it as pay2skin.

They are adding content, but like i originally said 70% of the devs time is spent on the gemstore. And because the interrelation with gems-gold EVERYTHING is buyable with reall money. That is pay2skin.

Pay2skin.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

And there are requirements of every job that someone won’t like. Your’s would be irate customers and dealing with suppliers and doing the accounting required to deal with taxes.

Of not liking a task given to you is grounds to immediately quit, then the unemployment rate would be astronomical.

Pay2skin.

Hylgeriak.8250

bla

dude…

You know what this list is? A list of all those awesome in-game store only armos (just the armors!) in GW1. I played that too, you know…

Just a small FYI, all these items where slowly pushed and introduced as a new way of monotization. It is NOT what guildwars1 thrived upon. And those where NOT interrelated with the games ingame currency at all.

I started playing gw1 with prophecies.

right..so THAT was the real cash grab! No possibility to get those nice and fancy looking skins except draw daddy’s mastercard…sheeeeesh! I got exactly one item out of the GW2 gem store – and you know what? I don’t feel like ‘I lost the game’ (according to pay2skin)

Those first world problems…

Pay2skin.

Azure The Heartless.3261

Ya i saw that, i read you wall. There is different way to earn money for a MMO. Anet went one way with gw2 and I find it awesome. You prefer another way. In the end its Anet decision and so far it seem to have pay off for them, so too bad for you.

Its not a bad decision from them. Its a decision between different system that all have their market. Whatever system they would have choose, they would have ppl that would complain about it, but its been two years so get over it pls.

^

I understand it’s a different direction from the old guild wars, but the fact that you can make the money though actually playing the game and the only thing that it affects is a player’s appearance makes this a silly point to be so worked up about. It’s making money for them, yes; that was the intent. It is not available to everyone on the same platform; no. Could it be, with enough work? yes.

And you dont need to farm for said skin either. Many aspects of the game are lucrative, and would keep the game interesting if you didn’t shoehorn yourself into running that one dungeon all the time.

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Pay2skin.

Hylgeriak.8250

They are adding content, but like i originally said 70% of the devs time is spent on the gemstore.

source or gtfo for trolling.

Pay2skin.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

If you had another job secured, sure that is a great move, but to go out in a “big bang” only makes you look unprofessional (and potentially causing all other employers in the industry not to want to hire you—because yes, they will likely want to speak to your previous employers, especially if it is in the video game industry and you are applying for a job at another developer).

Some people don’t have the luxury of being able to quit a job on principle, you know, because they have mouths to feed and people to keep a roof over. Things that should trump your principles.

If you haven’t entered the working world yet, I highly recommend you don’t go into a job with this attitude. If you don’t like the position, then secure another before leaving. And for goodness sake leave on good terms. Don’t burn bridges. You will regret it.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

Yes, it’s pay to skin. That’s part of how they fund the servers to keep the game running.

You can grind to get anything you want with enough effort though, because gold can be traded for gems.

The fact that you have the opportunity to gain what you want through just playing the game, and are sore about the fact that cosmetic items that have no real bearing on the game and player skill level cannot be obtained extremely quickly without paying is a very shallow and selfish viewpoint, if I can be that frank with you.

Let them ‘cash grab’. if they were offering an easy way for paying players to win against people that put effort into learning game functionality, then this would be an issue. Shinies are not that serious.

The problem with this is the entire content they are constantly pushing and adding forces more stale, cassually focussed 2 blues and a green farmville style of gameplay. Wich in turn catters to more gemstore purchases because people dont want to farm.

Aka the ‘updates’ we receive are solely created to keep people busy, not for them to have fun. at its core. grind. wich in turn adds gemstore revenue. Thats how guildwars is killing itself. You can see it at every step of the LS.

Content became more shallow over time. Perfect example, the whole scarlett ordeal, very generic style of story telling + updates wich where big but removed every biweek. Versus farmville LS2.0

Pay2skin.

Azure The Heartless.3261

Those first world problems…

^^^^^^^^^^

If this is a problem for you, what you’re asking for won’t satisfy you. Just saying.

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

So running a dungeon 100 times until you get a RNG drop finally is a “fun activity”
while doing the same dungeon maybe 50 times to earn the gold to buy a skin
is stupid farming … do i get that right ?
Not to forget that you can play any other content to earn gold, while for RNG drops
you mostly have to do the exact same content again and again … for me that is
monotonous farming.

I havnt touched upon the RNG aspect of all, but i can tell you right now if the dungeon is hard enough and the RNG isnt master of everything (actually drops once every 2/3 runs at end) The game would be allot more fun.

Pay2skin.

Azure The Heartless.3261

The problem with this is the entire content they are constantly pushing and adding forces more stale, cassually focussed 2 blues and a green farmville style of gameplay. Wich in turn catters to more gemstore purchases because people dont want to farm.

Aka the ‘updates’ we receive are solely created to keep people busy, not for them to have fun. at its core. grind. wich in turn adds gemstore revenue. Thats how guildwars is killing itself. You can see it at every step of the LS.

Content became more shallow over time. Perfect example, the whole scarlett ordeal, very generic style of story telling + updates wich where big but removed every biweek. Versus farmville LS2.0

I hardly see this game as farming. I think that is a viewpoint that can easily be broken if people take the time to do it.

I rarely farm anything. I bum around PVE sometimes, PVP more often, WVW and EoTM pretty often, and sometimes run dungeons with friends.

The game -throws gold- at you for doing pretty much anything. Farming is just an easy way to kill it for yourself.

And regards your above point, RNG not being the master of everything would water down sales for those items, which would drive people to farm something else.

Off on a tangent; maybe, but guaranteed drops won’t stop the farming mentality people have.

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

^

I understand it’s a different direction from the old guild wars, but the fact that you can make the money though actually playing the game and the only thing that it affects is a player’s appearance makes this a silly point to be so worked up about. It’s making money for them, yes; that was the intent. It is not available to everyone on the same platform; no. Could it be, with enough work? yes.

And you dont need to farm for said skin either. Many aspects of the game are lucrative, and would keep the game interesting if you didn’t shoehorn yourself into running that one dungeon all the time.

But thats the essence of the problem isnt it. There is nothing fun to do wich is actually lucrative. And trust me ive played since Beta, i know tyria as a true fan all too well. But as ive stated, i am not going to waste my time looking for hidden events wich are stale not my level and boring either. I like lore, but if its the only ‘endgame’ where i can 1 shot every mob with no actuall rewards except the cassuall 1 blue. no thanks.

Pay2skin.

Posted by: SpyderBite.6274

SpyderBite.6274

The entitlement in this one is strong, yes.

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.

Pay2skin.

Azure The Heartless.3261

^

But thats the essence of the problem isnt it. There is nothing fun to do wich is actually lucrative. And trust me ive played since Beta, i know tyria as a true fan all too well. But as ive stated, i am not going to waste my time looking for hidden events wich are stale not my level and boring either. I like lore, but if its the only ‘endgame’ where i can 1 shot every mob with no actuall rewards except the cassuall 1 blue. no thanks.

PVP, WVW, Dungeons, Fractals, Passive events (wintersday) are all lucrative. you just need to know what to do with what you receive from each. Depending on what you consider fun, you can spend your time in those areas, and less others. There are no hidden events that pay big wads of money, but (just a hint) the trading post accepts -lots- of items.

I’ve made lots of money from just PVPing for a crimson enameled dye I wanted. Farming isnt the answer to making that gold.

And on the topic of wintersday, several of the items that are reasonably common that are thrown at you for just being present for X or Y event are going for silly rates on the TP.

Pay2skin.

Posted by: shambo.3842

shambo.3842

pay2skin……..lol

so you mad that they are trying to keep a good game free to play by adding skins to the store that you want but are not willing to pay for?

support the game and spend a little cash now and then so you can get what you want.
im sure $10 every few months is in everyones budget

Pay2skin.

Azure The Heartless.3261

pay2skin……..lol

so you mad that they are trying to keep a good game free to play by adding skins to the store that you want but are not willing to pay for?

support the game and spend a little cash now and then so you can get what you want.
im sure $10 every few months is in everyones budget

Careful with that.

10 bucks every few months is not in everyone’s budget. While I think the game should have a means for support and that the gem store is a good way to get that support, there is still a large avenue for people to get that stuff for free.

They just need to quit thinking that “Farming” is the answer and actually start having fun with the game. Enjoying what you’re doing is the best way to find things that can net you some gold.

And if you save the gold as gems when the market favors gold price over gems (like after an update where a gold expensive item is introduced) then you have those gems for the outfits when they come out.