please delete

please delete

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Yet your post is very vague. You say you dislike the patch changes, yet fail to mention even one change in the patch that you dislike. So ANet can’t even begin to become transparent on their reasons. Or players can’t offer insights that you might have missed because there are a ton of threads on this forum.

Also, patch notes are not meant to be paragraphs upon paragraphs. They are meant to be bullet notes of what was changed.

please delete

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

What I dislike is HOW they do patch changes…I am upset with the fact that at the class section of the patch changes,no reasoning is given for the changes Anet makes. I am not upset by a particular change…I am upset by the fact that as far as class balance goes…no reasoning is given for their changes in the patch notes section.

Edit:sodding typos.

please delete

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Perhaps, you might consider perusing the Profession sub-forums. There is often Dev explanations found there.

Good luck.

please delete

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

What I dislike is HOW they do patch changes…I am upset with the fact that at the class section of the patch changes,no reasoning is given for the changes Anet makes. I am not upset by a particular change…I am upset by the fact that as far as class balance goes…no reasoning is given for their changes in the patch notes section.

Edit:sodding typos.

Reason: They feel that the game will make for a more well rounded game then what is was previously.

Why does it matter the reason for the change? They felt that the change is better for the overall game then what it was previously.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

please delete

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

~snipping much ado about nothing~

Or you can say goodbye to any intention I’ve had of buying into further expansions or gem store.

Bye~

In all seriousness, they limit just how transparent they are because this community has a disgustingly high ability to self-delude exploratory comments (“we may have precursor crafting out by the end of the year [2013 or ’14, cant remember], but things may change plans”) into concrete Word Of God statements (“we WILL have precursor crafting by the end of the year”) and start flipping kitten like brain-addled monkeys who had their banana taken away when their supposed “promises” didnt happen. That resulted in anet more or less staying quiet on projects until they reach the “short of an act of god killing our servers, this IS happening” stage. Primarily because this means that we’ll have a near-zero chance (because some people exist) of misconstruing exactly what’s happening. It also means we can provide feedback that actually means something rather than being as vague as “I hate sword skills on my class, do something.” Or whatever.

please delete

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

10. SERVICE AND AVAILABILITY

You acknowledge that ArenaNet may in its reasonable discretion provide subsequent versions, enhancements, modifications, upgrades or patches related to any part of the Service.
source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-user-agreement/

That’s really all the reason they need. As for the WHYs? Maybe you should make a thread ON that topic rather than some vague, meaningless…. bullkitten that people largely, and imo, correctly, pass over as irrelevant.

please delete

Jack Skywalker.5674

This is about the WHY’s (or lack their off)…if they won’t do it because of the Service and availability…well that’s their choice and I won’t pursue this toppic any further…this is my 2 bits on trying to understand the devs.

please delete

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s unrealistic to expect that any software company is ever going to explain the reasons for each change listed in the patch notes (keeping in mind: there are a dozen or more other changes not listed as well).

Your payment of 50 dollars/euros/whatever didn’t grant you unlimited access to the developers — it only grants us unlimited access to the Tyrian universe they’d laid out for us, in the manner that they see fit.

I, too, would prefer that ANet do a better job of communicating what they are changing and why. But that’s a preference. If you only want to play games in which that preference is fulfilled, I recommend getting involved in a startup gaming company and being part of the development.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

please delete

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I will continue my admonishment by paraphrazing from Mark Katzbach’s guide to providing good feedback – to set the stage ‘let the reader know what you were looking at, where you were, and what you did. Use common sense about how lengthy this needs to be, but always consider leading with something like’ , provide details ‘ake sure your feedback is exact and detailed (without being overly long).’ and give examples “of what you’re suggesting”

Big error here. They aren’t giving us feedback in the patch notes. They’re telling us what has changed. They’re making changes for what they feel as needed for the health of the game and its not a matter they are going to debate with us.

You can always post and say why the change was bad for you but it’s not reasonable to expect them to lay out the reasons for each and every change they make.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

please delete

Posted by: sirsquishy.2619

sirsquishy.2619

It’s unrealistic to expect that any software company is ever going to explain the reasons for each change listed in the patch notes (keeping in mind: there are a dozen or more other changes not listed as well).

Your payment of 50 dollars/euros/whatever didn’t grant you unlimited access to the developers — it only grants us unlimited access to the Tyrian universe they’d laid out for us, in the manner that they see fit.

I, too, would prefer that ANet do a better job of communicating what they are changing and why. But that’s a preference. If you only want to play games in which that preference is fulfilled, I recommend getting involved in a startup gaming company and being part of the development.

Its not though. Ever hear of Bugzilla? ANet COULD have one made available to users who care about the whys. But they dont.

that’s all.

please delete

Jack Skywalker.5674

Ok fair enough…how do I delete this stuff?

please delete

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Ok fair enough…how do I delete this stuff?

Go to your posts(s) and hit the trashcan button. You can also change the title to delete or something similar.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

please delete

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I know this topic is marked for deletion, but…..Riot Games.

Not only do they have 100x more player to dev interaction, they have weekly livestreams to chat directly with QA/Playtest and pick their brains. They have a monthly Q&A with the Lead of Game Design, Ghostcrawler and pretty much every patch note has a reason listed. Not only that….Public beta of all upcoming changes, so players who care can provide feedback before something bad goes live.

please delete

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Erm if this is a post asking why things got nerfed I have an answer.. go read the pvp forum. People there cry every day about things being over powerd and demand that everything they don’t play gets nerfed and it usually does get nerfed .