Paying for my already paid skins????

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bazeleel.8219

Bazeleel.8219

Patch goes live, in skype chat with some guild mates and GL is pretty upset. She find out something that is….well just read.

“I bought the medium atherblade leather armor skin for one of my girls. I dont have the armor that I wanted on her yet so had it in the bank. The minute I try to use it I have to pay charges to put it on my armor.”

I thought she was joking. Turns out nope. They seriously want you to pay twice to use skins you have already bought…..

Great system Anet!!!

PS: great job on merging pvp and PvE together….we all love it. Best idea ever /sarcasm

Posted by: wKmike.6318

wKmike.6318

You have the option to use the skin immediately or store it in the bank. If you put it in the bank, you have to use charges to change it.

I used mine immediately without using any charges.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

You have the option to use the skin immediately or store it in the bank. If you put it in the bank, you have to use charges to change it.

I’d actually say this is a valid complaint.

Before the new system, you didn’t need to use trans stones to apply the skin. I think these bought skins should have at least one use.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

You get one free application of new gemstore skins (but they are unlocked instantly when you buy them.) After that it cost charges like any other.

So you are no worse off than before.

Posted by: Ravenfield.9863

Ravenfield.9863

The usage of skins didn’t change.
If you have a skin-item, you can put it into your inventory, open your Outfit UI and chose the skin from the “inventory” section above the “wardrobe” section. Applying the item from the inventory doesn’t cost a charge, consumes the item and adds it to your wardrobe.
Right clicking and storing the skin destroys it, thus preventing the normal use.

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

Before the new system, you didn’t need to use trans stones to apply the skin. I think these bought skins should have at least one use.

They has 1 free use. If you right click them you will see 2 options – use free transmute or store in wardrobe. And if you choose second options there will be a warning that you will lose this free transmute. If you use free transmute this armor will be automatically added to wardrobe.

(edited by Shirogatsu.3150)

Bazeleel.8219

You should be as to use the skin you bought without any stone is my point. With the new system that’s not possible. At least with the old skins you have in your bank. Not sure what happens if you buy skins now after this patch. Would give them my money if you paid me.

Bazeleel.8219

They has 1 free use. If you right click them you will see 2 options – use or store in wardrobe. And if you choose second options there will be a warning that you will lose this free transmute. If you use free transmute this armor will be automatically added to wardrobe.

Then it’s either a bug or something is not working correctly.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

If she didn’t store her skin and she couldn’t use the free transmute, then she should post a tickets to Anet because that’s a bug. The pieces of my Phalanx armor and my fractal weapons still work perfectly. I don’t need charge to use them the first time.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Think that’s bad? Town Clothing was free to change before, now it costs a charge to use.

Oh and let’s not forget PvP gear. It was free to swap as well. Now you have to pay for that too. And now leveling characters have to pay three times what they paid before to change their gear.

Great system.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Bazeleel.8219

Think that’s bad? Town Clothing was free to change before, now it costs a charge to use.

Oh and let’s not forget PvP gear. It was free to swap as well. Now you have to pay for that too. And now leveling characters have to pay three times what they paid before to change their gear.

Great system.

Town clothing costs now too….wtf!!! Nothing like nickel and diming your community.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

You should be as to use the skin you bought without any stone is my point. With the new system that’s not possible. At least with the old skins you have in your bank. Not sure what happens if you buy skins now after this patch. Would give them my money if you paid me.

I don’t think you understand…you can use the skins without charges.

You buy gemstore skin
You receive bundle
Double click item to unpackage (Skins unlocked in wardrobe at this point)
You receive one consumable skin for each armor piece**
Double click item to transmute onto armor
Appearance is added to wardrobe and any other further adding that to armor costs charges.

• Should you choose to “store in vault” you will get a warning telling you that you lose your free transmute and all using of that appearance will cost a charge.

A bunch of the skins I’d been saving for later I’d chosen to just store knowing I would lose the free transmute, but I wanted the bank space and wasn’t worried about the charges.

And town clothes outfits do not cost transmute charges.

Posted by: Moderator.6437

Moderator.6437

Hey there, since we are getting a lot of feedback on this topic right now, we are collecting it all in dedicated threads. You are very welcome to repost your questions comments and concerns here “https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Game-Updates-Wardrobe-Transmutation-Outfits