Pdf Book of sea of sorrows?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

So… I can’t buy off the “Edge of destiny” and the “Sea of Sorrows” because I don’t have time to read the Book for itself. But I have a lot of time to read in my phone, so.. Have any Pdf version that I can buy?

Preferly, at some place that i can buy directly from my own phone

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

My advice…download the free Kindle reading app for your phone and purchase the Kindle version of the books. You can buy the e-book directly via the app (and bonus, you’ll be able to easily share the e-book across multiple devices).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=sv_kstore_1?ie=UTF8&docId=1000493771

(You’ll want to copy that link as text and paste it directly into your browser. The address is correct, but for some reason, the redirect from these forums isn’t working correctly for this link.)

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

MauricioCezar.2673

Tx for the advice, But I don’t really like to download 2 Apps (Heavy by the way) to read the book. I have already acrobat reader, thakittens really good.

Don’t have pdf versions to buy so?

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

I hate to say this, but the way you write it, it comes over like you want to read the book for free. The kindle app is only about 18Mb in size, and I doubt if the book is over 1Mb, so the download isn’t huge

The legal and moral thing to do is buy it on kindle or other e-books(it’ll be cheaper than the paper version) and then do a small download so you can read it in peace

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Chances are no, the book won’t be available on PDF, AFAIK most ebooks aren’t because they have more control over formatting trough different devices and digital distribution rights.

I’ll vouch for the kindle app, BTW, I use it all the time and works really well. Once you download it (it’s 21 megabytes on my android phone) you can purchase the book trough amazon from your phone or PC and it’ll download automatically to your phone.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Biohazard.4196

Biohazard.4196

How do you have time to read the book on your phone but not as a hard copy?

Manoa.5897

Tx for the advice, But I don’t really like to download 2 Apps (Heavy by the way) to read the book. I have already acrobat reader, thakittens really good.

Don’t have pdf versions to buy so?

The three books bridging the gap between GW and GW2 are not available officially in PDF form. The only way you’ll be able to get them is e-book or physical book. Any PDF versions you find of these books on the internet are going to be unofficial/illegal copies of the book.

Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

Manoa.5897

Probably because a book isn’t nearly as portable. With a phone (which you’re already carrying around), it’s easier to read when you’re out and about.

Henge of Denravi

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I’m in the same situation. Since I already carry my phone everywhere I downloaded the kindle app there and have loaded it with books, and I just read a few mins here and there when in the bathroom at work, while taking a bus, on a line in the bank and places like that. The best thing is, since I do own a kindle and have it at home (best thing for bathroom reading), it automatically synchronizes, so if I’m reading a book on my phone, get home, load the kindle, it’ll take me to the point I was reading in the phone.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

My advice…download the free Kindle reading app for your phone and purchase the Kindle version of the books. You can buy the e-book directly via the app (and bonus, you’ll be able to easily share the e-book across multiple devices).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=sv_kstore_1?ie=UTF8&docId=1000493771

(You’ll want to copy that link as text and paste it directly into your browser. The address is correct, but for some reason, the redirect from these forums isn’t working correctly for this link.)

Just as a side note, there are many ebook reading apps. This obviously depends on which mobile OS you are using? For Android, I know of a few: Nook, Kobo, Kindle, Aldiko and probably a bunch more. I personally use Nook, but I have a Nook eReader so it has access to my B&N library. I am not sure about Kindle, but the advantage of Nook, Aldiko and Kobo is that you can use .epub files on them, which is not a proprietary format like the default format Kindle uses. This means that you can read the file on a wide array of devices/programs.

MauricioCezar.2673

Ow owow… Wait up before coming here saying that I want to get it free, i have absolutely sayed in post tha I want to BUY it!.

First of all: I Don’t have time to fisical book, just because I can’t carry it for all places I go, alike of my phone. I have A lot of time in university and free time at work. But I can’t carry the book at those times.

Second: I’ve tryed to download the app, but ti requires first the Amazon app (Wich one is a pain at all), and when I tryed to download the Kindle, it says thakittens cannot be downloaded in my region (Brazil).

Third: I don’t have sure ikittendle will really work in my android, and I’m acostumated with Acrobat reader.

And at last, it will be avaiable only in June 25? Well.. I’ll try to fin Kindle in the Play store.

But can’t make a version of the book avaiable on the Play store of google? Because I have the reader of Play store, it would be a very helpful (And non-pirateable).

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

there are like 100 programs that can convert Kindle into nook into PDF (vice versa). Just do a google search honestly how new are you to the internet?

MauricioCezar.2673

I’ve comed here only to ask something sample, you can’t do an awnser without being offensive? .—.

Anyway, I have a plenty of years of experience into internet, what NOT means i have any experience with all sort of mecanics. I neve maked use of any other app for read before. I ever used Acrobat reader, and The reader of Play store. Those one fits well in my needs.

And at all, I NEED the Kindle intalled in order to buy the Kindle version of the book, its the message i have received.

I’ve got the kindle troughout the Play store finnally (By the amazon it can’t be done), so, I think that I’ll can buy the Book as soon as I can.

But here is a suggestion for Anet at all : Make a version to Play Store. Isn’t is that hard at all. As more market vehicles you have, as more seelings you will got.

Posted by: Starfall.6813

Starfall.6813

You’re almost certainly not going to find a version of the book for sale in PDF format. IMO, reading a book in PDF, especailly on something as small as a phone, is a real pain and not owrth the trouble.

Your best bet is to try Google Play, Amazon, and B&N in their various e-reader stores. Because you are in Brazil, the book may not even be available on the 25th for you even as an e-book, as there may be a separate publisher for overseas markets. E-commerce is weird like that. But if it is available, it will probably be up in one of those three stores. In one of their references to it, Anet mentioned getting it at Amazon, so I’d try that first. You should be able to use any e-reader on your Android phone, barring any kind of region lock because of where you are.

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

Is there or is there going to be an audio version?

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

MauricioCezar.2673

Yeah, I would really like the E-reader of Play Store. But don’t have this there (Don’t have even the other two last books) =( .

I’ll try to buy of Amazon, Tx for the tip =]

Posted by: Olgerkhan.7018

Olgerkhan.7018

Barnes & Noble’s also has a NOOK app for Android, for your Bluetooth equipped cell phones. The missus and i both have NOOK ereader’s, though different generations of this device. I ,also, just turned 51, and got a Samsung Galaxy S3 (with 4G internet capability) for my birthday. And i got the app for the NOOK for it. As well as the NOOK for Windows app for my HP laptop computer and for my HP desktop computer. I pre-ordered Sea of Sorrows for my ereader, and will be ready to read the novel just as soon as it’s downloaded onto my NOOK and or one of my other NOOK apps.

(edited by Olgerkhan.7018)