People are so negative, thank you, ANet!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Everyone’s too negative about these changes! Sure there are some glaring issues with the game but what game doesn’t have it’s problems? In an MMO, especially, problems with the game will be abundant. It’s next to impossible to cater to the whims of every players desire. And even in a world where the developers were capable of doing so, you’d have a pretty directionless and chaotic game with no foundation for a story or purpose behind it because everyone is going to want/like something different.

With the new wardrobe, allowing us to indefinitely change the appearances of our characters without changing the armor stats ~
Account-bound WXP, which will pool all of our character ranks in to one ~
Account-bound legendaries and ascended gear, which will mean even after equipped, legendaries and ascended gear will still be tradeable between our characters!~
And free trait resets, from our hero panel, any time we’re not in combat?!

I understand that some of these things should have been in the game from the start, but it’s not what they should have done that’s important, it’s that they’re doing it. So give some positive feedback for once! Thank you, ANet! I’m incredibly happy with all of the upcoming changes.

Now buff my Necromancer while no one’s looking >:3, gogogogogo!

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Posted by: bob.5680

bob.5680

Everyone’s too negative about these changes! Sure there are some glaring issues with the game but what game doesn’t have it’s problems? In an MMO, especially, problems with the game will be abundant. It’s next to impossible to cater to the whims of every players desire. And even in a world where the developers were capable of doing so, you’d have a pretty directionless and chaotic game with no foundation for a story or purpose behind it because everyone is going to want/like something different.

With the new wardrobe, allowing us to indefinitely change the appearances of our characters without changing the armor stats ~
Account-bound WXP, which will pool all of our character ranks in to one ~
Account-bound legendaries and ascended gear, which will mean even after equipped, legendaries and ascended gear will still be tradeable between our characters!~
And free trait resets, from our hero panel, any time we’re not in combat?!

I understand that some of these things should have been in the game from the start, but it’s not what they should have done that’s important, it’s that they’re doing it. So give some positive feedback for once! Thank you, ANet! I’m incredibly happy with all of the upcoming changes.

Now buff my Necromancer while no one’s looking >:3, gogogogogo!

I agree. I like the changes. As for “they should have been done at launch”, well in my experience MMOs are never complete. They can’t afford to be. If you wait till you have everything anyone might want you’ll never get done. Also, they have to change and add things as time goes by to keep the players interested. They won’t be complete/done till they are dead.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

MMO’s are never done correct, as they can always be added too, some of the updates you are correct should have been there from launch, but better late than never, I think we all know this game was launched before it was ready, and they have been playing catch up ever since,

But it remains there are some things that need fixed before some of these updates go live, the reward system needs fixed full stop, ( but they are removing some rewards, champ boxes nerfed, we shall see ) dungeons/fractals are broken, ( HotW path 1, Dredge Fractal ) infact dredge has been complained about for over a year, and they just make it harder and more boring,

People wouldn’t be so negative if they just fixed, or even acknowledged some of the bugs that needed major work, instead of being more like ohh look go buy the new shiny in the gem store that you don’t really need.

Posted by: pswendel.8179

pswendel.8179

Thousands of years of attempts at civilization have trended towards constructive criticism, not destructive.

Did you notice that every featured enhancement so far has been a “criticism” by the playerbase over the last year?

Well, perhaps saving armor repair costs. Ha.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Negativity can be good. Let them complain (As long as it is constuctive).

But I mostly like everything that is about to come, I realy wan’t it to be April the 15th now!

I am realy looking forward for the new trait mechanic for re-traiting(For free) and looking for new traits ala GW1 (That is realy something I have missed from GW1, ty Anet).

Anyway, most of these changes hadn’t been if not for all those negative people. … I think…

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Hwk.6987

Hwk.6987

because it’s turning unto to a dieing state

Posted by: ExiledDiclonius.1653

ExiledDiclonius.1653

Those features are great but it won’t change the fact that they should be included while releasing new EXPANSION! It’s almost 2 years an we didnt get anything serious during this time, only filler (LS). I’m not saying that LS is something bad, since I think that it’s great way to keep up some players, or at least make them login one or two days every 2 weeks. If ArenaNet wont announce anything during next 2-3 mounths Guild Wars will simply die. Just take a look what games are around corner. People want new content if they wont get it in Guild Wars they will find it in any other upcoming game like TESO, Wildstar, Everquest…

because it’s turning unto to a dieing state

It’s actually already dying state. Some servers are still in good shape but most of them are simply dead even when it’s population says that it’s crowded. I personally had to move from Underworld serwer because noone was playing there. There were no ppl farming in frostgorge, after last LS fix noone was doing knights, 2-3 players in mists lobby, WvW dead aswell. Sometimes ppl are actually doing world bosses but thats it. Acording to world select screen its population is very high. As far as I noticed while guesting it looks this same on lots of other serwers aswell.

(edited by ExiledDiclonius.1653)

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Apart from the problems some people have with the game’s content (simple dungeon mechanics, Living Story etc.), I find that the B2P business model requires a company to frustrate players into making purchases by restricting basic game amenities and quality of life features. Features that a lot of players have come to expect for free (or at least, less money). GW2 is also uncomfortably straddling the line between F2P and Subscription models. A lot of us feel ‘entitled’ to a bit more because we actually spent money on the game.

In addition, the game’s foundation is it’s economy. Everything in GW2 is about money, whether it’s cash for gems, gold or tokens. There’s been a study that shows simply thinking about money tends to put people in a worse mood. So, there’s that too.

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

Some people just dont have any problem in life so they take stupid non important things like if they were important…like how will “no cost for repair” hurt the game lol.When u dont know what is really worth of complaining u get to complain about everything,1 day those people will grow up and learn.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

There are good changes, as there are bad changes. I believe not necessarily bad, but yes underwhelming on the recent posts, as i see potential to do incredible things with little changes, ANet tries to keep one odd balance based on nerfing.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

I’m really looking forward to this update
I’d like to say ty also.
Regardless of how long acct bound wxp took
>.>
<.<
>.>

Naz ©

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Most of the things in the update so far have got me really excited; especially the wardrobe – I’ll admit – I’ve been wearing sub par armor in some areas just because I like the look and carrying six sets of armor around with me everywhere I go. The changes to runes and sigils sound great, I’m interested to see some of the mechanics changes in effect, the ability to change traits on the fly will be very nice – as popping to a major city and back when you just want to change up a build for an hour while on a slow internet connection sucks – and while the repair costs don’t effect me anymore I DO remember when I first started playing there were times when I couldn’t afford to repair my armor.

New Traits and the system in place to introduce more traits ala GW1’s fantastic seek and capture system (or something very similar) is a big deal. Some of the other stuff isn’t as important to me, personally, but still nice to see for others.

This patch is going to reinvigorate the game for me, for awhile, and that’s a good thing. I can’t wait to see these changes go live.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

Sharing feedback, both positive and negative, is good. It helps to improve the game.

Unfortunately, what a lot of people do here is not giving feedback. It’s taking thinly veiled jabs at the developers and/or anyone else that doesn’t agree with their opinions, (while more often then not, the ones giving this vitriolic ‘feedback’ all too often have no clue what they are talking about, or are just outright Trolling.)
This tends to happen more from the negative side of things, hence that ‘negativity’ is more noticeable.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Posted by: ImProVocateur.5189

ImProVocateur.5189

Have you ever stood in a checkout line when the person before you reamed the cashier for something piddly or even irrational, then felt shocked to see such errant attitude rewarded with freebies and pathetic apologies by some hapless manager? Bad customers are treated as the preferred customers. Any questions?

Posted by: Pawstruck.9708

Pawstruck.9708

People forget that they’re getting these features for FREE.

And they’re coming here to make spoiled-brat posts about how it’s not enough? I just don’t get it.

Personally, they’re not quite enough to bring me “back” to the game from WoW. Yet. Another month or two of these kinds of steps in the right direction, and I might be able to convince myself to unsub to that greedmongering game. Class balance is going to have to improve a LOT, though.

Posted by: Alfador.7649

Alfador.7649

People forget that they’re getting these features for FREE.

And they’re coming here to make spoiled-brat posts about how it’s not enough? I just don’t get it.

Personally, they’re not quite enough to bring me “back” to the game from WoW. Yet. Another month or two of these kinds of steps in the right direction, and I might be able to convince myself to unsub to that greedmongering game. Class balance is going to have to improve a LOT, though.

I know this is going to blow your mind, but people are capable of liking something in general, and still leveling criticism at specific portions of it they feel could be fixed. The most interesting part of this truly amazing conceptual revelation is that these criticisms can actually help things. Crazy, isn’kitten

You talk about how it’s free like we’re some how being given charity. NCSoft and Anet are in this to make money, just as anyone else. Their business model is just different. If I go to a restaurant and the meal was undercooked, or I got the wrong food, I’m not going to just be grateful and keep my mouth shut because I’m getting a good deal. I’ll tell them, they learn what they need to improve their business, and I (hopefully) get my problems resolved, if they care to do so. Everyone wins.

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

The forums are never a place of positive/happy people. THESE people are playing the game, not wasting time posting on the forums.

This is why the forums seem so negative, and theres nothing wrong with that. Angry people come here to whine, and happy people play the game and spend money.

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

Have you ever stood in a checkout line when the person before you reamed the cashier for something piddly or even irrational, then felt shocked to see such errant attitude rewarded with freebies and pathetic apologies by some hapless manager? Bad customers are treated as the preferred customers. Any questions?

Not exactly on topic, but you know, these kinds of people really just irk me to no end.
If you have an issue, is acting like an angry, spoiled 9 year old really necessary?
More times then not, these people are just trying to get something for free, or (and I’ve heard this) “I just like giving people a hard time…”
Terrible people are still terrible.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

I think the feature patch is an overrall good change for the game and I think people are being too cynical about it and trying to find any detail to nitpick about (not that there isn’t valuable concern, just that complaints about how much legendaries are gonna lose their value are just so entitled brats, per example)

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

Posted by: Phenix Flyer.6724

Phenix Flyer.6724

The one I’m getting over with the no armor repair cost is the leet dungeon and zergers that are like “UNACCEPTABLE!” ( in lemon grab voice ) those who die must be punished, PUNISHED!
Solution if they suck : right click face ‘vote to kick’ > replace

~ Sylvari Ranger, [BGW] Jade Quarry ~
“I blame Kormir”