People have changed since the update

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

One unfortunate side effect of the single chest per character and guesting is that people are so desperate to get there, they no longer call out events like the Shadow Behemoth on map chat like they used to. If you happen to be there when it spawns, you see the area infested with ‘commanders’ and other obvious lvl 80’s and the thing goes down in a couple of minutes.

When I asked why it hadn’t been called out on chat, I was told that since they had to (chose to) hang around waiting for it to spawn, they couldn’t care less about the rest of the people on the map.

The friendly nature of the game is rapidly dissipating.

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

Ive never noticed that, people have been calling out group and normal events all morning in Orr.

Some called out that jormag was up as well in Frostgorge, I think you just got unlucky with having so many kittens on one event.

Me personally I always call out events, more the merrier as far as im concerned

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

Must be ur world. gandara still has plenty of people calling out the events, even the pre-events which i didnt see happening alot until the patch hit.

My guild chat has also exploded with people calling out events, even shadow beth and fire ele. Two events that are so faceroll my guild never even bothered with them.
If anything i think the patch has made alot more people aware of chest events and thus more people call them out.

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

It’s because low level events need to be scaled better as more people are in the event range.
If like… 40 people are around, the boss should be expected to have alot more HP.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: Winfernal.9208

Winfernal.9208

If like… 40 people are around, the boss should be expected to have alot more HP.

No no no… not larger HP pools. This is the root of the problem. World bosses are nothing but hp pools. No challenge, no excitement!The boss should be expected to have mechanics that at least kills you if you’re not paying attention. And it should be able to wipe whole “raids”. Work for the chest

Once you get that, larger HP pools could be done.

OT:

The change in peoples behaviour could be in the grinding mentality. Everyone is busy to just slap the world boss, get their chest and loot, and move on. You don’t have to think about anything else but yourself.

“Kharomir” – Human Guardian
[DW] Dynasty Warriors, [TNA] The Northern Assembly
http://www.farshiverpeaks.com

(edited by Winfernal.9208)

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

I’ve noticed just the opposite. Since the temples all have buffed loot, I see people going zone to zone to form parties to do Lyssa and Balthazar, this never happened in the past.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Beast.9516

Beast.9516

Haven’t seen that at all. People still call stuff out on my world.

“What? How did you get to me so fast” – Champion Svanir Shaman Chief
“Map chat dude” – Me

Beast [Beastess Isdottir][Meilikki Isdottir][Kaunista Illusio][Savant Bixxie]
Aspiring Brotherhood [PACT]
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Avatar.1923

i dont know if people have changed, but the game have changed.

im on jade quarry, and right now some maps are super crowded because of “living story” or “world boss”.
its a joke, people camping, waiting for invaders, then facerolling them in 30 seconds to grind their achievemet points….

the open world multiplayer gameplay is simply badly designed for endgame toons.
or if that really what they want… im personnaly disapointed by the CAMP/ZERG feel to the persistant world.

my opinions; for endgame toons, do stuff like guild missions and special content, but dont make the world event rewarding for high level toons; because they become farming spot and the experience/gameplay is totally ruined.

Posted by: Alloy.2839

Alloy.2839

I sure didn’t notice a change for the worse. Got called to 2 dragons, 2 Orr temple runs, and several local events while killing invaders and looking for the 2 living story relics. People were very helpful in locating the relics, and those poor invaders never had a chance. Even with the crowds I killed about 80 of them. And yes, there will be a few rude people on map chat, just like the few dozen trolls on the forums. Just ignore them and don’t let a few bad experiences ruin your fun.

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

i dont know if people have changed, but the game have changed.

im on jade quarry, and right now some maps are super crowded because of “living story” or “world boss”.
its a joke, people camping, waiting for invaders, then facerolling them in 30 seconds to grind their achievemet points….

the open world multiplayer gameplay is simply badly designed for endgame toons.
or if that really what they want… im personnaly disapointed by the CAMP/ZERG feel to the persistant world.

This is how I feel. There is definitely a difference in the whole feel of the game right now not in a positive way.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I’ve noticed the exact opposite. People all let each other know when the events are going on, give 5 minute warnings, tell their guilds.

We have big dance parties waiting for the events, the compare weapons, share notes on where we got them, talk about builds. The world is bursting with people and everyone is very social.

In fact we had so many people show up for SB last night that queensdale went into overflow and not everyone could get in.

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

I guess people on different servers respond differently (if at all) to the changes.

Posted by: Syphen.1980

Syphen.1980

use temple timers. easy to find when stuff spawns

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

That’s created new issues. Tarnished Coast is being overflowed on these events now – I had to miss Claw twice yesterday due it. Also people have been messing with the timers much more since guesting was introduced. They are rarely accurate anymore.

Posted by: Oglethorpe.5369

Oglethorpe.5369

That’s created new issues. Tarnished Coast is being overflowed on these events now – I had to miss Claw twice yesterday due it. Also people have been messing with the timers much more since guesting was introduced. They are rarely accurate anymore.

Same on FA, in regards to the amount of people in an event – it never went to overflow, and our timers are fine, but during one Shadow Behemoth spawn I caught, in the time it took me to get from the Heartwoods to the spawn location, it was already at 80% health… that’s a 10-15 second run with swiftness… I made it and got Gold and the chest, but anyone who was just slightly out of that range might have missed it.

Time Chamber to the [PAST], Fort Aspenwood
Tirian – Human Mesmer | Oglethorpe – Human Necromancer
Bigbeard the Grey – Norn Guardian | Emoury – Human Thief

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

I’ve noticed the exact opposite. People all let each other know when the events are going on, give 5 minute warnings, tell their guilds.

We have big dance parties waiting for the events, the compare weapons, share notes on where we got them, talk about builds. The world is bursting with people and everyone is very social.

In fact we had so many people show up for SB last night that queensdale went into overflow and not everyone could get in.

SAme, people announce all over the world theat evetn are happening soon

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I never had this problem tbh

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

My experience with players has got significantly better. Last night I hung around with people waiting for events, shouted back and forth across maps about what events were up, watched a couple of people playing choir bells for like fifteen minutes after FINALLY doing the hidden boss in the reactor, and generally explored the world in a game that felt like a multiplayer game again.

I mean, there are technical problems with this. I missed out on at least two chests due to my game messing up and crashing mid fight, and the lag is incredible in some of the dragon battles, but overall I had more fun with the open world last night than in I have in ages.