People play this game for shiny "things"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

I don’t get players……they farm hours and hours to get ton of gold just to buy armor sets and legendary weapon to just play dress up with.Its just armor with different design and color.Weapons with different design and colors.Just to make you pretty.And if you think that farming 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 hours just to get that kind of gear will make people think that you are hard working or should be respected.Well, all i can say is lol.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

There are some people who play games and focus on the mechanics of the game. There are some people who play games and focus on the flavor of the game. Neither side is wrong in what they want out of a game.

Laughing at people who are different from you or like different things doesn’t make you a hero.

RPGs have the words role-playing in them. Playing a role isn’t just watching numbers go up.

And I’m sad that so many people have completely forgotten that.

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

I don’t get players……they farm hours and hours to get ton of gold just to buy armor sets and legendary weapon to just play dress up with.Its just armor with different design and color.Weapons with different design and colors.Just to make you pretty.And if you think that farming 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 hours just to get that kind of gear will make people think that you are hard working or should be respected.Well, all i can say is lol.

You could always invest via TP to make gold. A lot of people pay money IRL to customize their stuff such as cars etc.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

You could always invest via TP to make gold. A lot of people pay money IRL to customize their stuff such as cars etc.

In real life yeh i get it.In a virtual one..

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

There are some people who play games and focus on the mechanics of the game. There are some people who play games and focus on the flavor of the game. Neither side is wrong in what they want out of a game.

Laughing at people who are different from you or like different things doesn’t make you a hero.

RPGs have the words role-playing in them. Playing a role isn’t just watching numbers go up.

Didn’t say i’m a hero.Did not claim everyone is focused on farming on gear.You should learn how to read and interpret post.

Why can’t you be honest and just admit what you’re saying. You’re saying people who care how their character looks and are just “playing dress up” are laughable. Because you’re laughing at them. It’s pretty straight forward.

It’s also intolerant of anyone who sees things different from you.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

different people like different things, congratulations Sherlock. For example: Some people think the liberal use of juvenile internet lingo like “lol” is funny for its own sake, most people donĀ“t. Feel free to play and have fun your way, what others do for theirs is none of your business.

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

I dont spend a lot of money on clothes IRL so I wouldn’t know.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

i play WvW i want twilight all i have left is explore and im on 84% and im going to love my GS, you simply find it laughable because you know you will never get one

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

So you are saying that you laughing about all mmo players?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

So you are saying that you laughing about all mmo players?

Makes you wonder why he even got GW2, where the basic principle is looks….

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Maybe he bought the game thinking he could get better gear to “pwn” players in and sees that where GW2 shines is skins and he’s upset about it because he don’t like to play dress up like the rest of us? Poor guy I almost feel sorry for him….

Question OP do you wear the same clothes in real life every day? Do you have multiple pairs of the exact same clothing? Ever hear of a popular game called The Sims? That game people can spends hundreds of real life cash just for expansions for extra clothes and furniture. Nothing wrong with that, people just like to be creative and collectors.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

1/10
Poor attempt…

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

I do care how my characters look. Why would you want to play a character that you think looks terrible? As soon as i find a look i like i stick with it and then my time’s devoted solely to my number one aim: messing around.

Posted by: Fox Soul.4809

Fox Soul.4809

So, sure you MUST wear the craft skins or dungeon skins ( without mix it), bcoz “only numbers cares” for you.
i have a legendary weapon and i worked for me, for my look. I dont care what others think about me.
Im sure that your are the “typical wowstyleMMO” player who like clones. No thanks.

Your should expand your mind and think that not all ppl play for “be the best, fast”. Other ppl play for enjoy the game, dress their character or even role playing all time.

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

I don’t think people completely forgotten it. I beleve thing is they never learned it that way, they belong to new generation of gamers, they don’t have fun they work hard in their games, they only play best classes not fun classes, and most of them is drinking energy drinks and try to substitute feeling of emptyness in life with ingame sucesses, they are the BRO brotherhood.

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

See this way, if you’re just interested in power and wealth you could always also acquire those skins not for yourself but to sell them at a profit.

As for your general argument different people like different things. You might consider cosmetics pointless some people consider vertical progression pointless. Get your damage to 100 so you attack mobs with armor value of 100 so you get you damage up to 120 so then you attack stuff with armor value of 120 which gets you damage up to 150 which then you attack stuff with armor value of 150 etc… Some people see that endless loop as pointless because you’re not really getting more powerful you’re always as powerful as the stuff you now have to face next.

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

I fail to see the point of your post. If it was just to say that people enjoy the game in a way you don’t understand then ummm congratulations, mission accomplished.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I care about how my character looks.

What I don’t care is your opinion on whether or not you care about other player’s looks

Nor do I care about how many think my character looks, as it is entirely subjective.

Attachments:

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Mel.8769

Mel.8769

RPGs are more popular and diverse than ever. People of all ages, gender, and races play now days, not just teenage boys. This is wonderful! It brings people together in a way nothing else has been able to, and bridges generational, social, racial, and economical gaps. (/sings “kumbaya”) Part of the reason this is possible is because there is no “wrong way” to play. There is a little something for everyone.

I love that this game is so customizable and diverse, and taking a quick look at all the dyes on the TP and some of their prices (see: pyre and charred) I would say I’m not the only one.

Personally I like to take a break from zergs, dungeons, and various other activities and customize my toon. It’s a nice break.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the stats and setting up my toons in different way for different activities, but I like to look cool too. Transmutation stones would not exist if I were the only one that felt this way. My husband spends more time, and works harder on how his character looks than he does when we go on a date. No joke.

I think appearance is important/fun for the vast majority of MMO players, not just GW2. Think about all the options there are when creating a new character in any RPG game (see: Skyrim).

In short, statements like the OP’s do absolutely nothing constructive for our and the whole RPG community.

Common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden. -Unknown

Posted by: Vael Victus.2654

Vael Victus.2654

I assure you that I don’t care how cool your car looks IRL and do not respect you any more for it. Guild Wars has always been less about the grind, even if the living story makes you think otherwise. The grinding usually ends up being just for looks; only with the new ascended weapons will you be able to transmute money (not only time) into the highest level gear. I spent 20g on dye because I don’t need money anymore. I’m sitting on 80g after donating 40g in influence to my guild. I want to get some silly stuff, maybe an extra character slot. I dunno, there’s the “grind”.

Games like WoW are gear treadmills and what you think you’re gaining in them is only a sham; irrelevant in 3-6 months.

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Imo, the funny thing about our precioussss GW2 is that most of avalible new armors look soo shiny and disgusting, not a single one fitting into more mature themes (few exceptions). It’s hillarious to look at all these people, rollimg human female to make her look like hentai hero or mixing all possible random armors just to be even more shiny. Nothing personal, I just find it funny as hell

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

I can agree with you but thats because farming in this game is brainless. Now if their was some elite pve that was extremely difficult but rewarded you really well then i wouldnt agree with you.

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

How my character looks is so much more rewarding than being able to kill a mob in 6 hits instead of 10. Talk about pointless.

Posted by: spalt.6938

spalt.6938

Fact of the matter is I probably would not play this game if all the characters and skins were ugly.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

I honestly don’t understand why people play this game every single day. Since there is no gear progression, there is pretty much no point in getting gear to dress up in, unless you wanna play barbie dress up. Since there are no real goals, I have no idea what people actually do anymore besides the two week content.

I mean, I understand why people play this game every once in awhile for fun, but playing it every single day or even twice a week gets boring. But for the players who play every single day, they earn the money and work hard just to dress up their characters and then…. nothing, because there are no more goals for them.

TL:dr – Players play every day to earn money to dress up like a pretty princess and then they quit.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]