People please stop complaining Please

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stress.2436

Stress.2436

Guys you are never satisfied omg wardrobe is beautiful and i support Transmutation Charges to be in gemstore you can chose to support arena with some money or convert gold to gems is very easy to make gold PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP
(im sitting on 4k gold and 2 legends im not flliping TP or buy gems is very easy to make gold just sayin)

The new dye system is great too they make dyes a little harder to have what is wrong in that the dye will be account bound so is worth the effort .
They are trying to make you and you and you and everyone that was complaing for 1 year for now happy i was complaing too about other stuff about the game that are not fixed but im happy that they are working on something else much more nicer

THEY ARE TRYING SHOW SOME SUPPORT

(im sorry for my english – arena psss if you can put some optimization patches too that will be great kisses)

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Most people on forums are people who have left the game or who don’t play actively and therefor have the whole day to spam hating threads. People love to cry, you can’t make them happy.

The update is loved by the majority. The game isn’t for everyone.
Nice work Anet.

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

As much as I appropriate the account bound wardrobe change for skins and dyes and understand the efforts that went into this change, I really don’t see how its a major feature patch.

This is something that could have been done before the game was released and save the dev’s time so they can focus on actual features such as expanding the map, introducing new ways to get higher tier gears, a revamp of dungeons/fractals/PvP/WvW?

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

nGumball.1283

As much as I appropriate the account bound wardrobe change for skins and dyes and understand the efforts that went into this change, I really don’t see how its a major feature patch.

This is something that could have been done before the game was released and save the dev’s time so they can focus on actual features such as expanding the map, introducing new ways to get higher tier gears, a revamp of dungeons/fractals/PvP/WvW?

All these things could have been released before the game release too. It is all about your perspective. If you are ignorant enough, you can come up with the same line everytime they release something wetehr it is good or not. Why? Because they should have put it there since the start.

PS. They said there is a team working on the reward system but got late for the feature patch and therefore they will release that on a later note.

Posted by: Sonia.7910

Sonia.7910

Some of us complain (or just bring out the parts of the patch we don’t like or we are concerned about) because that’s what feedback is for. If I don’t agree with something they’ve done (or even better, they’re about to do), is it better to stay silent and say “You’re the best” and let them do it? I preffer to let them know so if there’s a chance it is changed and we all can be happy, get that solution.

I agree the wardrobe and the dye update seems awesome (I have been hoping for something like it myself), but there are things I don’t like and I would like ANET to re-consider. If they don’t… oh well, such is life. But if I don’t bring them here, they won’t know. At least that way there is a chance.

And nGumball, I play EVERY SINGLE DAY, and I have the feeling most people who complains do too. That’s why these changes affect them. So maybe you should know what do you speak about before speaking.

Little lost clumsy thief in Tarnished Coast

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

I’ve said this elsewhere and I’ll say it here too.. I’m loving everything that’s been mentioned in the feature patch so far. No complaints from me, just love and appreciation.

Slow down and smell the pixels.

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

Most people on forums are people who have left the game or who don’t play actively and therefor have the whole day to spam hating threads. People love to cry, you can’t make them happy.

The update is loved by the majority. The game isn’t for everyone.
Nice work Anet.

Mm, I appreciate where you’re coming from but your first sentence is 100% conjecture. I’m an adult with a desk job who plays every day. That’s how I get the privilege of forum-lurking. Also, there’s a difference between constructive feedback/asking for clarification and just being a jerk.

The update is a step in the right direction overall, sure, and that’s why I love this company and have played the franchise from day one of Prophecies. But that doesn’t mean that a subtopic like the changes to town clothes MUST be all sunshine and rainbows. Or that debates/feedback shouldn’t occur. -shrug- Like, I can love it overall but still take issue with some elements of it.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

Posted by: Maliel.8362

Maliel.8362

Im afraid thats impossible, no matter what the developers give us, there will always be someone who complains.
This is the nature of the community and its not going to change anytime soon.

nGumball.1283

Some of us complain (or just bring out the parts of the patch we don’t like or we are concerned about) because that’s what feedback is for. If I don’t agree with something they’ve done (or even better, they’re about to do), is it better to stay silent and say “You’re the best” and let them do it? I preffer to let them know so if there’s a chance it is changed and we all can be happy, get that solution.

I agree the wardrobe and the dye update seems awesome (I have been hoping for something like it myself), but there are things I don’t like and I would like ANET to re-consider. If they don’t… oh well, such is life. But if I don’t bring them here, they won’t know. At least that way there is a chance.

And nGumball, I play EVERY SINGLE DAY, and I have the feeling most people who complains do too. That’s why these changes affect them. So maybe you should know what do you speak about before speaking.

I do know what I am talking about and just becasue you have valueable stuff to stay doesn’t mean all others do as well. A person who commetns in every single thread for the last 3 months telling people to leave GW2 to some crappy korean MMOs and then claim he wanna support the game, is nohing but an ignorant, un-educated individual in this industry like 90% of the people who comment on threads in this specific forums.

When you check the forums for few days and see that 90% of the complaint-threads are ‘’I threat Anet, I swear I will leave to Wildstar, OMG IT IS AWESOME, trash company, make the game better’’. O really? I have been on the forum for a while and the suggestions have 10% creditability, all the other threads are created either by the same people all the time or some groups of people willing to make GW2, WoW.2.

There is alot of other games if you don’t have anything valueable to say. I am a person who isn’t statisfied with GW2 and think the game has huge potentional, however, I do know the difference between giving feedback and being a crybaby.

(edited by nGumball.1283)

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

No.

If people do not complain about changes they do not like and about features with which they are dissatisfied, things will never change.

Negative feedback is an essential part of positive change.

But it’s true that post complaining about the same issue should be merged so there’s not as many threads about the same thing all over the place, as it can get annoying.

The forum search should be improved too, or replaced with a Google search, as it doesn’t work as well as it should, and often people that look for particular existing topics will not find them (specially when people do not set good thread titles), and make new ones instead.
Google looks into the content of threads, so it’ll work better to avoid duplicate topic threads.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

If you don’t want to see the complaining, don’t read the complaints.

Here are a couple of questions for the people who complain about the complainers:

1. Would you say the level of complaining on these forums is typical for MMO forums?

if YES, then you are blowing against the wind. It’s the standard, so you might as well ignore it.

if NO, and you believe the GW2 forums to have more than the normal amount of angst and complaining, I have another question:

2. Why do you think there is an above average amount of complaining? Is it because for some coincidental reason GW2 ended up with an anomalously complaint-ridden community, or because at some point ArenaNet burned the good will of the community?

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Im afraid thats impossible, no matter what the developers give us, there will always be someone who complains.

Any community, or this one specifically?

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

OP asking to stop complaining is like a slap in the face. I demand compensation, including an in-game megaphone so I can complain louder. I made 6 legendaries for each of my toons, 48 total legendaries and some of them are duplicates. With new system, I wouldn’t have made them and would have more than only 25k gold right now. [/sarc off]

I don’t actually have 48 legendaries, why does everyone feel the need to include this info when posting?

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

Constructive feedback is what needed. Negative feedback is just as useless as praising.

This is great – ok why so we can steer the game towards what makes you happy.
This patch blows – Ok, why so we can make changes in the future.

What would be productive is for Anet to make 2 forum topics for the negative and positives of each Devblog. Someone people have great ideas on why it is bad and how it should be improved but most of the time it is drown in really negative posts that post no facts and the people that rally to Anet to beat that one person down.

Can’t trust society as a whole to make their own topics as they all get corrupted even if the OP has the best of intentions.

nGumball.1283

Any community, or this one specifically?

All MMO communities is like this. WoW have been flamed for 10 years. It doesn’t help when people open threads saying ‘’DUNGEONS ARE BAD MAKE THEM BETTER’’. How should they make them better? what do you want? is your suggestions logical?

There is alot of questions to ask youself before giving feedback and actual feedback in this forum is really hard to find.

Like: ‘’MAKE HOLY TRINITY, THIS IS GRIND, OMFG’’ < 90% of the feedback threads.
The content of the thread is just rubbish more or less, comparing GW2 to WoW, while the two games have two different models and just because people got bored from the dps, action-combat doesn’t mean, those same people won’t be bored from a holy trinity we see in … 99% of MMOs.

(edited by nGumball.1283)

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

Guys you are never satisfied omg wardrobe is beautiful and i support Transmutation Charges to be in gemstore you can chose to support arena with some money or convert gold to gems is very easy to make gold PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP
(im sitting on 4k gold and 2 legends im not flliping TP or buy gems is very easy to make gold just sayin)

The new dye system is great too they make dyes a little harder to have what is wrong in that the dye will be account bound so is worth the effort .
They are trying to make you and you and you and everyone that was complaing for 1 year for now happy i was complaing too about other stuff about the game that are not fixed but im happy that they are working on something else much more nicer

THEY ARE TRYING SHOW SOME SUPPORT

(im sorry for my english – arena psss if you can put some optimization patches too that will be great kisses)

Stress, please stop creating threads in order to complain about players that complain. Firstly, the topic is such that all it accomplishes is back-and-forth sarcasms and barbs. And secondly, it is the very height of presumption to take on the role of “self-appointed” forum moderator and scold folks for expressing their feelings.

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

You come to the wrong place if you don’t want to see complaints, gw2 forums are about on par with other game forums, mostly negative. People love to complain, it’s a fact. However less threatening to leave threads since it is a buy to play, sub games have forums that are about 25% full of ‘do this or I’ll leave’ threads. I find it amusing that people get so worked up over a game, but hey, who am I to judge?

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Please stop complaining about complaining.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Hello all,

As this is a complaint thread about players versus the game, we are going to close it. We do allow people to give constructive feedback on the game and all changes, as long as people are respectful when they do. This includes allowing people to give negative criticism or complaints, as we value everyone’s feedback equally.

(edited by CC Danicia.1394)