People with more than 5 legendaries...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Soulmyr.8094

Soulmyr.8094

I saw a player with at least 6 legendaries and I’ am just wondering how that is even possible? Just for the info.

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

No life/dedicated gamer/heavy grinder/TP mogul/Gems to gold/early exploiter/etc.

There are many ways one could achieve such a feat.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

No life/dedicated gamer/heavy grinder/TP mogul/Gems to gold/early exploiter/etc.

all at the same time, also legendaries are not soulbound before using them, might have been multiboxing for some items

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Credit cards help a lot.

For example, right now on my server there is an Eternity, two Twilight and six Sunrise available through the TP. Buy enough gems, convert them to gold, and you can buy several Legendary weapons outright, no grinding required.

The real question is, at this point, why does anyone want to waste their time with these things?

(edited by tolunart.2095)

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I feel that the current prices of precursors is a bit outrageous… and you are right in some aspects.

Some people got in early with the precursor market with the dusk exploit…. and they will always be thousands of gold ahead of everyone else.

It really is unfortunate that Anet did not remove these items from players’ accounts, and instead allowed them to gain an insane amount of wealth.

Some people borrowed money from friends, made a legendary, sold it immediately for a profit, and then had enough money to make 2 more legendaries…. (and so on…)

Some people are credit card warriors, and they dump a lot of real-life cash into the game.

Some people are just really lucky with precursor drops.

Heavy grinding… i see the best way of “grinding” is CoF path 1 repeats…. 6 min runs, at 7g/hr. …and that’s a bit steep…. but also plausible. The thing tho is that DR will lower your profits after that initial first hour. Enough grinding and you will eventually get the cash to afford a precursor tho.

All these things play a bigger role than “no life/dedication”
I’ve played the game almost every single day for hours and hours every day…
I have no life, and I am completely dedicated.

…and I still don’t have a legendary or a precursor.

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

Credit cards help a lot.

For example, right now on my server there is an Eternity, two Twilight and six Sunrise available through the TP. Buy enough gems, convert them to gold, and you can buy several Legendary weapons outright, no grinding required.

The real question is, at this point, why does anyone want to waste their time with these things?

the tp is global, so those legendaries are what’s on sale across all NA/EU servers

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Ah yes I forgot it’s global… still, my point is that there are legendaries available for direct purchase, if your credit limit is high enough. Considering the amount of money the extreme spenders put into games like Farmville, it’s not surprising some players have multiple legendaries.

(edited by tolunart.2095)

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

dropping 15,000$ in a mmo i used to play was commonplace. if you think people aren’t buying legendaries think again.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

dropping 15,000$ in a mmo i used to play was commonplace. if you think people aren’t buying legendaries think again.

this

i used to play ragnarok online on private servers where spending thousands of dollars was the common practice.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Credit cards help a lot.

That would take a LOT of gems.

As of last night, gem to gold ratio was about 1.5g for 100 gems. Let’s say the legendary is selling for 1500g (I remember seeing eternity at least once for over 2000g), that would mean 100,000 gems. Let’s say someone buys gems per bulk in packs of 4000 gems for $50, that would still come up to $1,250… quite a bit expensive for something that offers absolutely no advantages over much cheaper alternatives, I’d say… and that’s not taking into account that dumping 100,000 gems into the trading market is bound to lower the gem to gold ratio.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

(edited by locoman.1974)

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

That would take a LOT of gems.

As of last night, gem to gold ratio was about 1.5g for 100 gems. Let’s say the legendary is selling for 1500g (I remember seeing eternity at least once for over 2000g), that would mean 100,000 gems. Let’s say someone buys gems per bulk in packs of 4000 gems for $50, that would still come up to $1,250… quite a bit expensive for something that offers absolutely no advantages over much cheaper alternatives, I’d say… and that’s not taking into account that dumping 100,000 gems into the trading market is bound to lower the gem to gold ratio.

Sadly, that’s assuming gems are involved in the gold purchasing at all.

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

People with a bunch of legendaries play the TP.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I think this is the most probable answer.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

IMO there are two kinds of people that can achieve this:

a) The rich ones.
b) The ones that have not left the fap-cave.

Each to their own I guess.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: VidGhost.3215

VidGhost.3215

TP Mogal.. the people who buy up all the Abyss dye for 9g each and relist them ALL for 22g each LOL Bingo they just went from 3000g in the bank to 6000g in the bank

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I still yet to have a single legendary. Most because of no motivation due to the short bow looking very unappealing.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I think this is the most probable answer.

I think playing the korean farmers market is a much more probable answer.

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

Credit cards help a lot.

All of the servers use the same trading post. TP is game wide.

Posted by: JohnLShannonhouse.1820

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

I saw a player with at least 6 legendaries and I’ am just wondering how that is even possible? Just for the info.

I would just ask someone with multiples. I suspect skilled day trading, myself. In GW1, I found people were usually happy to chat about how they got what they did.

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

I will never believe that people are paying thousands of dollars for in game items. I’m not calling ANYONE here a liar, I have no doubt that there are tons of stories people tell about spending that much, but I absolutely can’t believe that.

There are Legendary items on the TP that would cost more then a mid sized car if bought with cash. I don’t believe for a second that anyone is spending that much money on Video Game items. That’s pure insanity.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

The cheapest legendary is 300$ via through gems. EVEN MORE through illegal means.

If he has 5 legendaries:
-He is spending 5 paychecks to buy them on TP
-He is rich and has alot of time and money.
-He bought them illegally (dumbest move)
-He got them through exploit not noticed yet.
-OP is exaggerating.

To which I ask for pics, and name for proof.

Playing the TP is really unlikely, even with high turnout it still require more time than 5 would allow.

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

You guys aren’t any better. At least said person with legendaries doesn’t have to put other people down to make them selves feel better.

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

You guys aren’t any better. At least said person with legendaries doesn’t have to put other people down to make them selves feel better.

You missed the point if you think this post had anything to do with insulting the guy.

His methods are in question.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Take ‘dedicated gamer’ from that list, Jrunyon.3012.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

Probably a very pro player

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Posted by: Bubbles.1047

Bubbles.1047

I will never believe that people are paying thousands of dollars for in game items. I’m not calling ANYONE here a liar, I have no doubt that there are tons of stories people tell about spending that much, but I absolutely can’t believe that.

There are Legendary items on the TP that would cost more then a mid sized car if bought with cash. I don’t believe for a second that anyone is spending that much money on Video Game items. That’s pure insanity.

Hmmm, considering your signature, I’m very surprised at this comment.

Any item that takes time and effort to acquire will have some intrinsic value to the person that’s after it. It doesn’t matter if it’s hamburgers, diamonds or pieces of binary code. Hamburgers you can eat, so they have obvious value. Diamonds, well, all they do is look shiny, yet people still spend fortunes on buying them. A video game sword not only looks shiny, but also helps you kill video game monsters.

Point is, people work to earn their money to purchase stuff with it. Items bought with that money will thus have real value, regardless if they’re virtual or not. And hey, most of your money is nothing but 1s and 0s in some bank’s database.

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

And buying a mid-size car is not insanity??
Dive it off the lot and see it’s value plummet by 33% … Then buy the insurance, registration, road tax, petrol, maintenance …

Someone buys some desirable pixels in a video game where the return value only increases …

Now, who is the insane one??

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

Dive it off the lot and see it’s value plummet by 33% …

Someone buys some desirable pixels in a video game where the return value only increases …

Equip that Legendary and watch the value drop 100% until, and unless, you decide to sell your account, and I don’t even know if that’s possible.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

Posted by: Sousui.1635

Sousui.1635

Looks like Mitt Romney is getting a guild wars addiction.

Sokar Rostau.7316

He plays an Asura on Dragonbrand and I believe he is an officer in [CASH].

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Dive it off the lot and see it’s value plummet by 33% …

Equip that Legendary and watch the value drop 100% until, and unless, you decide to sell your account, and I don’t even know if that’s possible.

True, but are you going to leave your new car sitting on the lot? Presumably one buys a mid-size car to use.

This is not necessarily the case with a legendary, Sure, some buy a legendary to use otherwise there would not be a market for them. Given the increasing number on the TP, seems the legendary ’investors’’ are becoming more and more common.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

it still bugs me…

I play a lot, and i play challenging content
seems i cannot afford any precursor…then i see players everywhere with 2-3 of them….

And they play less than me….do not farm that much and i doubt they use real moneys.

When you ask them they say “oh i bought precursor time ago for 50 golds…..”
quite difficult to believe so many could get precursor so cheap.

Btw if they just say there will NEVER be ascended weapons, i think legendary market will plummet finally :|

I want a vision of the mist not a twilight but stats tells me i need a twilight -.- and to waste my time in grinding rather than playing…

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Sokar Rostau.7316

It’s really not that hard to believe. What you’re seeing now is the result of six months of inflation and market manipulation. Believe it or not, there was a time when precursors sold for under 100g.

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Anyone who was quick off the mark or ingame early on could have got a precursor for under 100g- in fact there were several hundred players who exploited the bug and made piles of them, and ANet took the decision not to punish these people or take away the items obtained (mainly as it was ANet that screwed up the pricing).

A few months later, and at least some of these players will have items worth in total 100k- 1m gold.

There are a lot of players playing the TP, using spreadsheets etc to monitor pricing and even players who buy and sell gems and make a profit.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

It’s really not that hard to believe. What you’re seeing now is the result of six months of inflation and market manipulation. Believe it or not, there was a time when precursors sold for under 100g.

i know that….i was around…
and maximum income was less than 1G/hour.

And people still needed to get experience etc.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Probably a very pro player

Unlikely, he wouldn’t get 5 legendaries that way. The “TP player” answer is likely the correct one.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

Since this thread is not providing meaningful feedback to the current issues & concerns, it is now closed.

Thank you for your understanding.