Posted by: jzzabelle.8520

jzzabelle.8520

Put shovels in the Gem Store.

Anet profits, we profit. GG

Perfect solution to SW Amber farm

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ceimi.1063

Ceimi.1063

Or not, and just leave it like it is. Why does everyone think it’s a problem? They put a ton of chests in one area for a reason. If they didn’t want something like this to happen, don’t you think they would have lessened the spawn time and/or spread them out more across the map?

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Right, so they just added three other forts and the rest of the map to be ignored and left to be overrun by mordrem? The devs are human, they can sometimes overlook things and make a mistake. Perhaps they didn’t see players being so greedy? I know it’s common sense for us, but apparently not always for them.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Question. I haven’t started the new story yet, but will the behavior that is happening prevent me from completing the story? Blocking achieving some other non story or post story achievement?

Posted by: MasterKitty.8205

MasterKitty.8205

Question. I haven’t started the new story yet, but will the behavior that is happening prevent me from completing the story? Blocking achieving some other non story or post story achievement?

Don’t worry, it doesn’t effect the story instances in any sort of a way. In fact, you’ll be glad by the number of groups in LFG for story achievements.

Posted by: Razamatazz.9628

Razamatazz.9628

I wouldn’t say it will block it per se, but it can make parts a bit more difficult. Certain bases don’t receive much support if a lot of the people on your map are at the base where a lot of chests spawn. This delays your ability to complete some achievements faster.

Thus far I have not had a big problem, but I need to kill a certain legendary boss that only spawns randomly, and only when a certain base is held by the players. The base (Redrock) seems to be the least cared about for a lot of players, at least it’s the one I see not in pact control most often. Also, once the necessary events are completed people tend to jump down into the breach event that they are at, which means that if a base didn’t have many people defending it your chances of killing the boss are diminished. Again, at this point it hasn’t become impossible yet, I’ve only failed on two bosses (one where it’s a group of two champs, we got one but not the other) and the other at the aforementioned Redrock base.

I believe the concern at this point is that as the week wears on, and we move into next week, more and more people are going to have all the achievements they need. It may then become very difficult to get any of the achievements at any base but the Amber base (The one where people are farming chests). This is by no means a guarantee, but I can see why some people are concerned.

Edit, I was thinking the achievements, not the story portion. It won’t really affect your ability to complete the story portion, more the Silverwastes achievements.

Lydeah – 80 Mesmer
Lorynne – 80 Guardian
[PB] – NSP

Posted by: Malevil.2104

Malevil.2104

And here we go again, some kittens have again problem when people organize themselves to earn some money in game.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

thats odd. i played for about 4hrs today and almost no one was farming chests… perhaps look for / org a map that is going after that specific goal?

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

notebene.3190

Don’t worry, it doesn’t effect the story instances in any sort of a way. In fact, you’ll be glad by the number of groups in LFG for story achievements.

Awesome, thank you.

notebene.3190

I wouldn’t say it will block it per se, but it can make parts a bit more difficult. Certain bases don’t receive much support if a lot of the people on your map are at the base where a lot of chests spawn. This delays your ability to complete some achievements faster.

Thus far I have not had a big problem, but I need to kill a certain legendary boss that only spawns randomly, and only when a certain base is held by the players. The base (Redrock) seems to be the least cared about for a lot of players, at least it’s the one I see not in pact control most often. Also, once the necessary events are completed people tend to jump down into the breach event that they are at, which means that if a base didn’t have many people defending it your chances of killing the boss are diminished. Again, at this point it hasn’t become impossible yet, I’ve only failed on two bosses (one where it’s a group of two champs, we got one but not the other) and the other at the aforementioned Redrock base.

I believe the concern at this point is that as the week wears on, and we move into next week, more and more people are going to have all the achievements they need. It may then become very difficult to get any of the achievements at any base but the Amber base (The one where people are farming chests). This is by no means a guarantee, but I can see why some people are concerned.

Edit, I was thinking the achievements, not the story portion. It won’t really affect your ability to complete the story portion, more the Silverwastes achievements.

Thanks. A little bit of a bummer on the achievement side, but I only seem to get about 50% of those done anyways. Was more concerned about the story itself.

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Just spread the chests out more evenly.

#fixed.

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

The farm is really only good for ascended mats and obsidian shards unless you’re lucky. Out of ~300 bags, I only got 2 exotics, and totaled less than 3g on the TP. Pretty sure the exotic rate is way lower in these bags than normal exotic boxes/bags.

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Exactly. Finally able to get more of the ascended mats I need, in a fun farm, that is team oriented, coordinated, doesn’t take forever, in a new map. Sucks that I have to come to the forum and see people crying about it. Just ridiculous… If you don’t like it DO SOMETHING ELSE! It is not hurting you in any way.

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

The farm is really only good for ascended mats and obsidian shards unless you’re lucky. Out of ~300 bags, I only got 2 exotics, and totaled less than 3g on the TP. Pretty sure the exotic rate is way lower in these bags than normal exotic boxes/bags.

You’re not counting everything that can be made from the bags, though. I was pulling, (roughly, just sort of eyeballing it) on average, ~12-13g per 100 bags, and farming ~100 bags per hour. It’s pretty easy money, really, and I even salvaged everything green or below.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Fermi.2409)

Posted by: kBoom.3748

kBoom.3748

Yeah, had this gem shop idea some days ago too

Actually i don’t want A Net to Nerf this, but doing the actual event should be more rewarding then running around like chicken digging in the dirt.
I don’t mind if ppl get 100 or 200 bags/h but this amber chest farm seems almost brain damaging to me.

[CoN] Ares | WvW Officer | GvG Core

…still improving…

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Clarifying: The chest farm has zero impact on the story achievements, it only affects the zone achievements which will be there as long as the zone is.

I haven’t seen any massive chest farming maps. I’ve been able to pick which fort to defend (and boss to fight) every time I’ve been there. Just need to kill Gold and find a pile of seraph badges now! And that’s with at most a couple of hours a day in there.

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

I think the simplest solution would be to remove the bandit crests from the chests, which is what makes this just go on and on. Though I don’t particularly care if it gets nerfed or not. I found the gold intake inferior to the dungeon clearing I typically do with a group of friends. I guess if you get lucky enough with you T6 mats from bags you’d could do quite well, but otherwise I don’t see this being much of a problem.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Solution to a nonexistent problem— honestly what are we trying to solve besides “I don’t like how people play?”

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Scipio.3204

Scipio.3204

Clarifying: The chest farm has zero impact on the story achievements, it only affects the zone achievements which will be there as long as the zone is.

I haven’t seen any massive chest farming maps. I’ve been able to pick which fort to defend (and boss to fight) every time I’ve been there. Just need to kill Gold and find a pile of seraph badges now! And that’s with at most a couple of hours a day in there.

Correction: white mantle badges, not seraph.

On topic: I doubt it’s intentional . I’m not even sure wether it’s exploit or not. I mean earning more here than anywhere else with running 10 meters between chests …

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

If they removed the crests from the chests then the farm would die. It’ a bit ridiculous that you can resupply crests that you spent on keys from the chests. I’ve actually been slowly gaining excess crests as I do the random events by amber.

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

If they removed the crests from the chests then the farm would die. It’ a bit ridiculous that you can resupply crests that you spent on keys from the chests. I’ve actually been slowly gaining excess crests as I do the random events by amber.

This is pretty much what it comes down to. Fix the fact that you get crests from the chests and it’s fine.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

I don’t get it – I’ve spent 2 hours in this new area and I stood all the time defending a fort. I got around 100 bags, and after opening them I got loads of useless stuff. Maybe a few rares. No exotic, no t6 mats… Salvaged light Armor, vendored the rest. Made about 15g by selling everything on the tp.
I literally don’t understand what’s so good about this “farming”… By doing my daily dungeon runs (full AC+CoF 1-2) I get the same amount of gold in half the time.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

I don’t get it – I’ve spent 2 hours in this new area and I stood all the time defending a fort. I got around 100 bags, and after opening them I got loads of useless stuff. Maybe a few rares. No exotic, no t6 mats… Salvaged light Armor, vendored the rest. Made about 15g by selling everything on the tp.
I literally don’t understand what’s so good about this “farming”… By doing my daily dungeon runs (full AC+CoF 1-2) I get the same amount of gold in half the time.

The amount of ascended materials is a godsend to those who do not like to do particular content. I’m mainly a fractal runner who doesn’t enjoy doing world bosses thus I end up with stacks and stacks of bloodstone dust and empyreal fragments but no dragonite at all. This farm allowed me to get roughly 80 draconian ingots that will allow me to craft several ascended armor pieces / weapons without having to spend hours upon hours doing content that I do not enjoy. And besides the money from the champ bags is pretty decent when you factor in everything you get.

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

I already had hundreds of ascended materials (Dragonite from WvW, Empy from dungeons), so these mats are just trash that get destroyed asap.
As for the rest, it’s definitely nothing game breaking. Some people think that the SilverWastes are a gold mine, but in truth the gold you get is exactly on par with what you get from the rest of the game.
Sure, it’s easy gold (people who don’t know how to do dungeons properly might find it more attractive), but it’s definitely nothing worth it (unless you need amber or ascended mats).

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

Posted by: JusticarArkiel.1564

JusticarArkiel.1564

Correction: white mantle badges, not seraph.

correction to the correction: bandit crests, not white mantle or seraph.

back to the topic, the biggest problem is some of the lfg maps for silverwastes don’t say what they’re rolling for, whether it be actually doing the events or just chest farming. personally, i think the best way to fix this (if they decide to fix this, though i see no issue with it, i just leave when i get one of the chest farming maps), if to actually make the keys themselves cost more. you get shovels from almost every event, but keys you have to buy for the most part. not gonna be much chest farming if there’s no keys to use.

Fix what you have before you build something new

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Would people PLEASE STOP telling ArenaNet to add more to the gemstore. PLEASE!

Keep the shovels where they are but perhaps make it so the treasure can only be obtained by those using the shovels at each individual buried chest location. Would that be an acceptable nerf?

As much as I enjoy the chest farming madness – I would prefer the greater rewards be found in the Silverwastes events. My two cents.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: yorick.1305

yorick.1305

My only gripe is that it deflects my attention from doing anything else (!).

This is easily the best way to make currency since the release of the game. The Cursed Shore heyday, or anything else, doesn’t come close.

Makes me think, for how long it lasts, why the change in a game which has been so ‘protective’ of it’s loot system.

Posted by: Lukhas.1962

Lukhas.1962

1) The chests only appear at the end of the meta event, during the “Time Out”.

2) The more bosses die, the greater is the probability of getting ascended items from these chests.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Right, so they just added three other forts and the rest of the map to be ignored and left to be overrun by mordrem? The devs are human, they can sometimes overlook things and make a mistake. Perhaps they didn’t see players being so greedy? I know it’s common sense for us, but apparently not always for them.

Anyone who underestimates player greed does not deserve a job in MMO development.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I like how SW works and how it should work… I like the reasons to do them too… But maby if you get shovels for succesfully kill an underground champion awards players with shovels… Or remove keys from trader and add Shovels and give out keys as a reward for each champion defeated.

We need more carrots to do the intended events and less carrots to farm one single spot.

Edit: oh and also the gem store option.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

How much money is now in champ-bags in average ? If its 4s that means 4 gold that is
newly created per hour/player if that player gets 100 bags.
Now compared to speed-runners that create 15+ from running dungeons, that is not
really much.

The big question is, if now in total more money is created since more people farm or
if in the end less money is created because less people do dungeons that generate
a lot more money.

Also in the end the prices of mats / items that drop often there will go down and so
the farm will maybe get less interesting after a while.

Example :
http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/44960

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

We need more carrots to do the intended events and less carrots to farm one single spot.

If you were speaking playing defense in WvW, I would agree. More carrots there would be a good thing. This is PvE/farming. leave it the way it is, thanks.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

This is my second night roaming around Silverwastes & people are doing the events, defending, running with pack bulls. This is happening at all forts. Exactly the same as last night. Very few chests have been unearthed.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Ironically it’s not the other forts that suffer the most from this, it’s Amber.

I was trying to farm Amber’s chests between defense events earlier today, but evidently everyone else decided a) it was better to let Amber fall (so no defense events would pop) and b) even if they run away when the event starts (which they don’t) it’s already been scaled up (try defending the fort with six people when you have two champion mordrem hounds charging in to maul everyone to death).

And, to be perfectly honest, I can’t blame them; the rewards for farming chests are far better than the rewards for holding forts and beating the Breach event and about the only incentive to do events is to get shovels.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

This is my second night roaming around Silverwastes & people are doing the events, defending, running with pack bulls. This is happening at all forts. Exactly the same as last night. Very few chests have been unearthed.

There are farm maps, there are normal maps, and there are organized maps. There are plenty of all three. Just use lfg to get into the type of map you want.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Ironically it’s not the other forts that suffer the most from this, it’s Amber.

I was trying to farm Amber’s chests between defense events earlier today, but evidently everyone else decided a) it was better to let Amber fall (so no defense events would pop) and b) even if they run away when the event starts (which they don’t) it’s already been scaled up (try defending the fort with six people when you have two champion mordrem hounds charging in to maul everyone to death).

And, to be perfectly honest, I can’t blame them; the rewards for farming chests are far better than the rewards for holding forts and beating the Breach event and about the only incentive to do events is to get shovels.

Only if the chestfarming zerg are idiots. If you’re farming chests around Amber, it’s generally pretty useful to have: 1) more crests, 2) a place to buy keys, and 3) enough shovels to last forever (assuming zerg is of sufficient size). Holding on to Amber and doing the events at the same time as farming chests makes it all much, much more profitable for everyone there.

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

There are farm maps, there are normal maps, and there are organized maps. There are plenty of all three. Just use lfg to get into the type of map you want.

I know that.
Was trying to get the point across that not all players are solely farming chests & the events are being completed.

Posted by: Kveldulf.7605

Kveldulf.7605

1) The chests only appear at the end of the meta event, during the “Time Out”.
[…]

This is actually a good idea, imo.
The problem I came across is a combination of multiple facts.
- everytime i am facetanking about 2 of those cottage doggy champs and have to pull them to the chests bc nobody gives a kitten about them.

-Almost everyone just rushes the chests for them beeing the only propper loot. So you have to be lucky to actualy do the event (this only happens when most ppl run out of keys)

I think it would be nice if those chests only spawn in a seperated event which starts after the defense event.
This in combination with loot tables for the mobs would be perfect for me atleast…

Kveldulf Frost – Thief (Charr)
Wlaadas Frost – Warrior (Charr) Torlic Frost – Guardian (Norn)
http://amalthea-gw2.de

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

There is nothing wrong with this farm. Please stop complaining about everything.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

There is nothing wrong with SW as it presently stands. Yes, some maps farm, leave them alone.

Stop asking them to remove every farm from the game!

If you desire to play the map in a different way, simply look for a different instance! Really, it’s not that hard. Other people are allowed to desire to play differently than you!

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Farmed chests for about 3 hours last night. I feel sort of dirty and embarrassed by it, but that’s mostly because I pride myself on not farming. Buuuuut girlfriend was REALLY close to a Legendary, so we did it together, and last night she made the Predator. Yay!

This is BROKEN. It’s not because of the gold generation. Anybody who tries to defend this by counting the gold either 1) is trying to mislead you or 2) doesn’t understand this game’s economy in the slightest.

As far as I can tell, this is an attempt to equalize mat prices. Mithril and Elder Wood up. Silk down. T5, T6, Cores, and Lodestones down. Can’t be certain, though, it’s too complicated for me. I’m not an economist.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: joshc.3129

joshc.3129

Only problem I have with this map is the spawn times are insanity short.

I get it the area is under attack. Mordremoth is flexing his muscles but when it comes to “look we took back Blue Oasis” 10 secs later it’s under attack by another large wave of Mordrem. Drive them back 10-15 secs later it’s under attack again. Drive them back, minimize game for a sec come back fort is over ran. Drive them back yet again 10-15 secs later they are back again there is a problem.

I also get why players don’t won’t to see the map and spawn times change since it’s an easy way to make money.

I have this paranoid feeling Anet is going to come along and say “players should have known the event spawn times were to short. Anyone that took advantage of this was abusing a exploit and will be permanently banned.”

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I have this paranoid feeling Anet is going to come along and say “players should have known the event spawn times were to short. Anyone that took advantage of this was abusing a exploit and will be permanently banned.”

I have a question out to Gaile regarding the chests and that issue as well. Perhaps if she can get us an answer it will touch on this as well.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

A full party can defend an area (I’ve been in Indigo where three of us defend successfully). So when you’re ready to get those achievements, just form a party and go! The difficult part might be the champs underground, but I find if I call out “blue needs more,” people move to help.

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

^ THIS!… It wasn’t a bug. It was convenient to go there when you had shovels because there were 5-10 nodes you could use it on and share the chests with friends. People whine about anything these days. There are so many ‘instances’ that players looking for achievements could have joined but no… have to complain about people ‘farming’..

gg nerf.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

^ THIS!… It wasn’t a bug. It was convenient to go there when you had shovels because there were 5-10 nodes you could use it on and share the chests with friends. People whine about anything these days. There are so many ‘instances’ that players looking for achievements could have joined but no… have to complain about people ‘farming’..

gg nerf.

Except it was a bug.

Posted by: Niteraven.1372

Niteraven.1372

I am in SW right now. There are about 60 ppl at Amber and none of the other forts are held. If you think this is right, then you have lost the whole point of the game. I hope this patch fixes the problem and I commend Anet for doing it.

“When I was your age, progeny, we used 20 sided dice.. and we LIKED it!!!” ~~ Berddi

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

gg nerf.

Actually, I was very like minded about the separate instances. I spent 8-10 hrs yellow tagged and farming on a “Got Shovel?” layer yesterday alone. Though just the past couple of hours I was trying to get a breach layer and couldn’t find one. Even using the LFG tool, every time someone joined my party it was taken over for farming layers. If we players can’t intelligently agree upon and donate some time toward keeping one organized layer for running Breaches and Legendary’s, then it’s our own fault for it getting nerfed.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

The nerf is real

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: joshc.3129

joshc.3129

I never been on when people were farm camping but no one wants to seems to work together on this map. I only ever seen the forts get up to level 3 once and that was the day after the release. Every other time I’ve been to the map all the forts have fallen or the forts are at lvl 1 and quickly fall.

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)