Perfected set isnt perfected

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dorian.8542

Dorian.8542

This used to be a thing i dont know why it was removed. But as it currently stands, to get the perfected rifle i have to do the vast majority of the precursor collection whereas if i wanted the perfected sword skin i just need to buy the crystalline blade for like 5g. Same with usokus needle, or imryldyeen, or ANY PERFECTED WEAPON. the perfected rifle is the only skin without a non precursor collection counterpart from the core set. PLEASE STREAMLINE THIS BEFORE POF ANET.

Dorian.8542

Can we please try to get a dev response for this

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Can we please try to get a dev response for this

You can’t be serious.

Dorian.8542

I am, if there is a reason it cant happen i would like to know

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It seems fair to make this more consistent.
—————————————————-
With regards to the OP’s other remarks:

We’d all like to know the status of our pet suggestions or requests; ANet staff can’t possibly respond to us all.

I can all but guarantee you that this won’t be addressed before PoF launches (unless they had already planned to do so). The only things ANet will be working on for the next 6-8 weeks are: PoF, PoF bugs, new Raids/Fractals (different team), other timely bugs. They won’t be adding anything from the list of “we should get around to doing this someday” suggestions because they have too much stuff going on.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

The rifle was the only skin which originally did not have another exotic sharing its skin. It’s been like that since launch. So when Anet did their passes and moved what were the precursor skins to the perfected skins, there simply was no other exotic which maintained the old precursor (now perfected) skins.

It’s a five-year old oddity. Maybe some time in the future it’ll get a look, but there are plenty of other oddities with the skins that have been around for just as long, and others which are even more highly requested . Cough, cough, cough.

G R E E N E R

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Yeah, the Legionnaire-set-styled sniper rifle is one of those skins that was never properly available (only as the rifle precursor and through PVP item crafting if you were lucky). It (and a motley crew of other skins that slipped through the cracks) should get a Legacy Weapon reward track, at least, like the armor that used to share their fate did.