Perma-respawn mobs in dungeon

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hycinthus.6483

Hycinthus.6483

This is really annoying and such a big time-waster. I have seen this in CM, also in fractals, it’s really disturbing, because we never know when they would stop respawning. Also it is amplified in fractals because we cannot repair, by the time we get to the final boss, all our equipments are already broken from dying too much.

What do you think about this? I personally do not like this feature.

Posted by: Mobott.5908

Mobott.5908

I thought dungeons were made so the stuff didn’t respawn.

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

I can’t recall any respawn in CM or FotM. How long did you wait till mobs respawned and where?

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

I can’t recall any respawn in CM or FotM. How long did you wait till mobs respawned and where?

The seraph path in CM with blowing up the gate. It has infinitely respawning enemies until you blow it up.

nachtnebel.9168

Ah, I somehow was under the impression the OP meant unintended respawns. My bad.

In that case:
That kind of respawn adds a tactical layer to fights, you have to deal with it without dying too often (or at all), which is absolutely possible if your team nows how to play together. I like it.

Posted by: Volomon.9147

Volomon.9147

Sometimes the respawns are not suppose to be dealt with only managed while another goal is in place. The point is not to beat the spawns but to complete a goal. At which point they stop spawning. It’s in a lot places.

In other words your doing it wrong.

Hycinthus.6483

Ah, I somehow was under the impression the OP meant unintended respawns. My bad.

In that case:
That kind of respawn adds a tactical layer to fights, you have to deal with it without dying too often (or at all), which is absolutely possible if your team nows how to play together. I like it.

It is not a big problem if we run with someone who has done it before.

But both times the CM seraph run, and the FOTM with the dredge and switches, all members of my party including me were new to the dungeon.

Therefore, we spent like 15-20 minutes trying to kill the area, by that time we have died multiple times, and morale was low. By the time we got to the final boss in FOTM dredge to pour lava, each one of us was naked, and there was no way to repair. I think they should introduce a repair NPC inside the dungeon, instead of outside. Maybe this is the bigger issue instead of the perma-respawn.

nachtnebel.9168

Im in favour for a repair station after each fractal, but not untill you killed the last boss. Not being able to repair removes the stupid idea that dungeons are made to just graveyard run them.

As for your problem with the Dredge: The first time we had them we also didn’t knew that they would permanently respawn till we got the job done, so we died once. But after that the group adapted and we got through it without another wipe. If you really play as a team the respawn is not a problem at all. Unless of course you are all playing glass cannons, but that’s something you shouldn’t do at all in the first place.

Hycinthus.6483

Im in favour for a repair station after each fractal, but not untill you killed the last boss. Not being able to repair removes the stupid idea that dungeons are made to just graveyard run them.

As for your problem with the Dredge: The first time we had them we also didn’t knew that they would permanently respawn till we got the job done, so we died once. But after that the group adapted and we got through it without another wipe. If you really play as a team the respawn is not a problem at all. Unless of course you are all playing glass cannons, but that’s something you shouldn’t do at all in the first place.

It was just a bad first taste for many of us. We were level 1 FOTM, and 3 people who finally left at the last boss said FOTM wasn’t for them and will never do it again.

Of course we knew we had to blow up the wall, or to get to the switch while 2 people stand on the panels, but our first thought was, let’s clear the area first. For a long time we wanted to clear the area first.

Anyway, I know this is just a dungeon mechanic, but maybe I’m just not a fan of these gimmicky things.

Posted by: Humposaurus.5764

Humposaurus.5764

Ash Legion Spy Kits <- makes the dredge fractal easy.