Permanent Bank access at gem store soon?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

Just found this item

https://www.gw2shinies.com/item/35978

Pls just do it anet

Posted by: technophebe.7631

technophebe.7631

I think that drops (very rarely) from Black Lion chests, and that you can find it on the trading post. It’s expensive.

Yep here is the wiki link. Only 3500g!

(edited by technophebe.7631)

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

It has a price… the permanent should not have.

Btw, i think will be some trick with the mystic forge.
Something like “put X Bank access X Tier 6 items X Other items X other Items”

Would be nice. So people could buy em from tp and the price of permanent will lower again.

Zaron.1987

I think that drops (very rarely) from Black Lion chests, and that you can find it on the trading post. It’s expensive.

Nope The blc one is this and available long time

https://www.gw2shinies.com/item/35984

The other item seems /not in game

Posted by: xiiliea.9356

xiiliea.9356

I copied the chat link to the game and it doesn’t show the sell price. Then I linked my own Permanent Bank Access Express in my inventory, and they seem to be the exact same thing. It’s probably just the same thing as the one you receive after opening Permanent Bank Access Contract.

Zaron.1987

Oh OK.

But pls pls anet reintroduce such thing as you have done with mystic forge circuit

Price is much too high

Shirlias.8104

I copied the chat link to the game and it doesn’t show the sell price. Then I linked my own Permanent Bank Access Express in my inventory, and they seem to be the exact same thing. It’s probably just the same thing as the one you receive after opening Permanent Bank Access Contract.

how bad
Thanks for info ( i’m sure is what you said ).

Posted by: technophebe.7631

technophebe.7631

If I’m reading the Wiki correctly, I think the (tradeable) contract item creates the (non-tradeable) OP’s item when double clicked?

That’s just a guess, don’t happen to have 3500g lying around to check it…

Shirlias.8104

Btw for an instance, creating a recipe wich require 250 back access, to create the permanent one, would be worth like 6250 gems. Like 1300g ( 2300 g less than tp ).

It would be great to craft it ( also, it will avoid speculation ).

@techno: yes. when you doubleclick u get an item with the same shape of the normal one, but golden. the item you get is accout bound and cannot be sold.

Zaron.1987

Btw for an instance, creating a recipe wich require 250 back access, to create the permanent one, would be worth like 6250 gems. Like 1300g ( 2300 g less than tp ).

E.g

This!

And sorry for cunfusion. Realy thought at The good side of anet.

Btw blc Bank access went up/bought out before patch notes released. Data miner and friends seems Swimming in gold now

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

If I’m reading the Wiki correctly, I think the (tradeable) contract item creates the (non-tradeable) OP’s item when double clicked?

That’s just a guess, don’t happen to have 3500g lying around to check it…

yep

nothing to see here, move along

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Put four of any combination of the following into the forge to get the permanent bank express item:

copper fed salvage o matic
silver fed salvage o matic
royal terrace pass
air ship pass

There may be others, but instead of throwing them out or banking them forever, this would make me one very happy customer.

Zaron.1987

Put four of any combination of the following into the forge to get the permanent bank express item:

royal terrace pass
air ship pass

There may be others, but instead of throwing them out or banking them forever, this would make me one very happy customer.

Nope

Why support The guys that have The luxury items in use since years now?

Just stuff that can all use and not The ones that Q.Q now cause of The now (!)
useless items They used for ages

Just sell it at gem store

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

royal terrace pass
air ship pass

Nope

Well for one, those guys with the “luxury items” are also known as veterans and should IMO get something back for the time and or money they have invested into the game.

I don’t care if they bring it into the store, but I know I won’t buy it simply because the bait and switch has already been performed on many of us!

Also with your attitude, you should go work for ANET support!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

E.g

This!

And sorry for cunfusion. Realy thought at The good side of anet.

Btw blc Bank access went up/bought out before patch notes released. Data miner and friends seems Swimming in gold now

Response to a discussion about how and when permanent bank contracts were bought and sold.

Source

There isn’t a single account that from Jan 1 until 2 minutes after we patched that has a net (meaning that they didn’t resell) of more than 4 permanent contracts during that time frame.
2 minutes (and 27 seconds) after the patch notes were released all of the contracts were purchased.
We take this kind of stuff very serious, manipulating the live game economy comes with a serious consequence.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Zaron.1987

Ah yes

i forgot The official forum is reddit.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

I’d consider somebody that bought 4 permanent bank accesses a week before the patch as somebody to be investigated for insider information. But sure, we’ll let them slide because they’re probably a friend of a dev anyway.

Shirlias.8104

Not sure.
I think there are few speculators with infinite golds which buyout and set prices.

Things like that is manipulating the economy, but still the only thing which changes is the price of an item. Rich people will get more cash, and poor remains poor.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Ah yes

Well, actually

If you go to Permanent Bank Access, set it on day, make the graph spread out some and check the time you can see that it’s going along at about 8 or 9 supply until the patch hits and then supply drops to zero over the course of about 24 minutes. No Dev quote really needed for those willing to look first.

ANet may give it to you.

Zaron.1987

Ah yes

Well, actually

If you go to Permanent Bank Access, set it on day, make the graph spread out some and check the time you can see that it’s going along at about 8 or 9 supply until the patch hits and then supply drops to zero over the course of about 24 minutes. No Dev quote really needed for those willing to look first.

Well also at The Official gw2 forum aka reddit The people are not convinced by this.

Its state of business that anet /des will say: no no there is no Manipulation possible …just to protect their company/themselves

Noone like to say: yes few people can cheat The system

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Dinks.2478

Ah yes

Well, actually

It had a pretty significant drop-off of like 4-5 like a day before the patch. Which is a lot when compared to the total supply of an item like that. It is suspicious as hell. And this isn’t the first time this has happened. This happens almost every time this type of change happens, always somebody who “guessed” early. I’ve known personally at least 2 people who became rich in this game abusing inside knowledge that they got from playing in the testing servers, I forget what anet calls it. It happens and trying to justify this type of stuff is only infuriating.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Ah yes

Well, actually

Well also at The Offizcial gw2 forum aka reddit The people are not convinced by this.

Its sure that anet /des will they no no there is no Manipulation possible …just to protect their company/themselves

Noone like to das : yes few people can cheat The system

So…..

You’re saying that the TP graphs are wrong? They are inaccurate in how they collect or show data? Or you believe that the Devs can’t see the movement of any items they choose to see. Or you believe that Chris Cleary was lying to hide manipulation of the bank access (and how would ANet benefit from that instead of taking action against manipulators instead?). Or maybe you believe ANet is both lying and changing the data to hide their lies?

Well if you believe that, why not make a thread on it because that’s pretty important game information.

ANet may give it to you.

Shirlias.8104

Dinks said everything 1 post above your.

Dinks.2478

Ah yes

Well, actually

Well also at The Offizcial gw2 forum aka reddit The people are not convinced by this.

Its sure that anet /des will they no no there is no Manipulation possible …just to protect their company/themselves

So…..

You’re saying that the TP graphs are wrong? They are inaccurate in how they collect or show data? Or you believe that the Devs can’t see the movement of any items they choose to see. Or you believe that Chris Cleary was lying to hide manipulation of the bank access (and how would ANet benefit from that instead of taking action against manipulators instead?). Or maybe you believe ANet is both lying and changing the data to hide their lies?

Well if you believe that, why not make a thread on it because that’s pretty important game information.

The graph isn’t wrong, it literally reads as if there was manipulation. You can watch like 5 bank accesses literally disappear off the TP like a day before the patch hit.

Zaron.1987

Ah yes

Well, actually

So…..

The graph isn’t wrong, it literally reads as if there was manipulation. You can watch like 5 bank accesses literally disappear off the TP like a day before the patch hit.

Excactly this

Never wrote graphs are wrong.

Just wrote it still smells like Manipulation before patch released(not Manipulation of graphs or from devs, Manipulation of The market with Insider knowledge

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

FYI the Permanent Bank Access Contract (which turns into the Permanent Bank Access Express when account bound) is still available from Black Lion Chests.

The problem is it has an estimated drop rate of 0.002% according to the Wiki. Which means on average you would need to open 500 chests to get it.
Which means the keys would cost you 42,000 gems or about 7,709 gold.

The drop rate is an estimate based on drops reported by wiki users, they also report a drop rate of 0.00% for the other permanent contracts so it’s obviously not completely accurate.
The gold price is based on the current exchange rate, it’s before peak-time (5pm GMT, 9am PST) so that will usually be higher.
The cost is not factoring in potential profits from other items in the chests, or free keys

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Just a flesh wound.3589

Ah yes

Well, actually

So…..

Idk

If you go to “history” and then “all” you’ll see it go up and down over the course of time. For example, on May 7th there were 29. Over the course of a month all but 2 were sold. I bet if cross account slots had been added at that time, people would have said that that was very suspicious. But all it was is normal fluctuation of a highly desired item with small supply. And since the Devs didn’t see any unusual activity I would say this also was normal fluctuation of buying and supply. It just so happened before a patch that made people look at it.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Ah yes

Well, actually

It had a pretty significant drop-off of like 4-5 like a day before the patch. Which is a lot when compared to the total supply of an item like that. It is suspicious as hell. And this isn’t the first time this has happened. This happens almost every time this type of change happens, always somebody who “guessed” early. I’ve known personally at least 2 people who became rich in this game abusing inside knowledge that they got from playing in the testing servers, I forget what anet calls it. It happens and trying to justify this type of stuff is only infuriating.

Not suspicious as all. People were farming the Wintersday JP and used their profits to buy the contracts. The supply had steadily been decreasing since then.

Wanze.8410

The real question is: Why does OP not want the contract to be sold directly in the gem store?

Very suspicious, indeed. He is probably the market manipulator.

Zaron.1987

The real question is: Why does OP not want the contract to be sold directly in the gem store?

Try again Wanze

royal terrace pass
air ship pass

Nope

Shirlias.8104

Just read the whole thread before act as a clown.

He said he would be ok to spend over 6k gems for items needed to craft it by mf.

Wanze.8410

Try again Wanze

royal terrace pass
air ship pass

Nope

I stand corrected, misread the OP as : please dont do it anet

Wanze.8410

Just read the whole thread before act as a clown.

He said he would be ok to spend over 6k gems for items needed to craft it by mf.

I like to be clown because im rich.

Actually, i wouldnt mind if Anet releases it for a fixed price, either, but as already mentioned, this is the item you receive, if you double click the tradeable contract.

I dont think they will add it though. They are more likely to adjust its droprate from BLC Chests from 0.002% to 0,003% and offer a BL key sale.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

Zaron.1987

I thought it was an New item and was wrong

But i said this long ago (6.post in this thread)

look here

E.g

This!

And sorry for cunfusion.

And here

Oh OK.

But pls pls anet reintroduce such thing as you have done with mystic forge circuit

Price is much too high.

Next time first read Mr Wanze

Everyone can make mistakesBut you fail harder in my personally opinion…
And gz that you are rich in an Computer game!!

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Wanze.8410

I thought it was an New item and was wrong

But i said this long ago (6.post in this thread)

look here

E.g

This!

And sorry for cunfusion.

And here

Oh OK.

Price is much too high

Next time first read Mr Wanze

Everyone can make mistakes

But you fail hat der in my opinion[/quote]

As you mentioned, recently Anet did a great job of reintroducing permanent gizmos in game and i prefer if they do it as such again.

The first example was the Ecto Gambler, which reintroduced the Mystic Forge Conduit even though that involved quite a bit of gold gambling, which im not a fan of.

But during Halloween last year, they also introduced permanent city portal scrolls, which work similar to the royal terrace and airship pass gem store items but instead of porting you to those locations, they port you to the 5 racial city hubs, LA or Ebonhawke.

They arent tradeable but the ingredients for the forge recipes are (city essences, mystic keystones and dust). Those ingedients came from combining halloween essences, which were available for candy corn cobs during the festival with 3 stacks of t5 leather squares in the mf.

So that was mostly a material sink (for candy corn and t5 leather) and didnt involve any gold.

That was a better implementation than the ecto gambler skritt but unfortunately it was only available temporarily, even though you can still buy the ingredients on the tp.

Historically, last years lunar new year event introduced one of the first containers based on “gambling”, as it awarded vendor trophies worth quite a bit of gold, so its average loot table value wasnt only determined by tradeable loot (which gets its value from supply and demand) but had a base value in gold from a vendor.

The lucky envelopes will see a mayor overhaul this year considering that some loot was zodiac themed (ram, male sheep) and the chinese year will change from sheep to monkey (yeah! apart from being a clown, i love to be a monkey, monkey clowns are OP though).

So maybe we get another convenience gizmo, like the mf conduit or portal scrolls frm it this year.

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

The “Permanent Bank Access Contract” turns into the “Permanent Bank Access Express” when you double click the contract because they’re sold as containers in the trading post. New icon and everything

That said, it’s a total waste of gold at anywhere near 1,000g in my opinion because of how easy it is to find a bank, trading post, and merchant NPC at the sPvP lobby and WvW home borderland map.

I like the permanent hair kit. Hairkits are actually worth buying so each use of the permanent one saves you 250 gems (30-40g) and allows you to change your ears (asura, charr, sylvari), horns (charr), beards on males, hair accessory color, hair color, and hair style. Hair styles will continue to be released and if your character looks good in more than one style you can change on the go~

I paid 1,550g for mine and have used it for months, close to a year? 3,000g-3,500g for bank access at the cost of 1-4 silver to waypoint to a city at best sounds like it’ll take a looooooong time until one breaks even. Besides the cities are nice and you get to interact with people instead of using it at the middle of Harathi Hinterlands or something. Ironically the luxury passes (Royal Terrance and such) give more for the price of less, lol

Just a flesh wound.3589

The “Permanent Bank Access Contract” turns into the “Permanent Bank Access Express” when you double click the contract because they’re sold as containers in the trading post. New icon and everything

That said, it’s a total waste of gold at anywhere near 1,000g in my opinion because of how easy it is to find a bank, trading post, and merchant NPC at the sPvP lobby and WvW home borderland map.

I like the permanent hair kit. Hairkits are actually worth buying so each use of the permanent one saves you 250 gems (30-40g) and allows you to change your ears (asura, charr, sylvari), horns (charr), beards on males, hair accessory color, hair color, and hair style. Hair styles will continue to be released and if your character looks good in more than one style you can change on the go~

I paid 1,550g for mine and have used it for months, close to a year? 3,000g-3,500g for bank access at the cost of 1-4 silver to waypoint to a city at best sounds like it’ll take a looooooong time until one breaks even. Besides the cities are nice and you get to interact with people instead of using it at the middle of Harathi Hinterlands or something. Ironically the luxury passes (Royal Terrance and such) give more for the price of less, lol

I guess maybe people differ in what they find important.

I wouldn’t use a hair kit as I don’t much like most of the hairstyles and don’t feel the need to change accessory colors. I have hair style kits I got months ago that are still unused.

However I got a permanent bank access a couple of years back when it was 700 gold (and back when 700 gold was worth more than it is now because of inflation). I sold everything I had to get the gold for it, and haven’t regretted it for a second. I can open my bank up at a moments notice for the most trivial of reasons. I can keep items in there instead of in each char’s inventory (so I have more room for loot). I can do it without losing map progress in the new maps. imo, it’s the ultimate convenience item as it expands your char’s inventory to include the whole bank, and it’s there at your fingertips.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

The price has reached the point of where they should crash it. Not something I’d pay so much for either way though.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Ah yes

I just created a Reddit account so I can post my inquiries there instead of here since this seems to be the case. It’s awesome that Just a flesh wound takes the time to bring us the news (deeply appreciated!!), but I feel I need to be able to communicate too. Shame I can’t just do that here.

I agree 100% with you, Jovel. I just can’t see paying the insane price these things go for.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think the increase in maps with map-wide meta events that cycle, and have different tiers has increased the usefulness of the bank access express.

It’s true that you can just go to the HotM or WvW for free, or a city for a few silver, but then you run the risk of returning to a different copy of the map and losing all your progress.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

I don’t use the TP to buy items because I can’t stand the people that manipulate the market all day instead of playing the game.

I’d rather buy stuff on the gem store with my hard earned cash at a set and consistent permanent price because I work all day and don’t mind spending some money on the game for conveniences.

I don’t have time to farm for hours on end, I’d much rather just do something I enjoy, this is why I could not stand WoD, you were pretty much required to do dailies every day to get any good rewards, basically farming rep & gold instead of doing anything fun like pvp or raids. You spend all night doing dailies then don’t have time to actually play.

There were ways to avoid the dailies, sure, by using tokens that increase the reputation and completely bypassing the grind! The problem? AH (TP) manipulators would bump them up to INSANE prices so you were forced to do the grind anyway if you wanted any rewards, and farming them was not possible by any stretch of the imagination.

It’s pretty much the same in GW2 if you want anything cool for your character. In GW1 if I didn’t have time to hunt for every elite skill or normal skill in the game I could just buy them on the cash shop instead of grinding masteries for eons, if I wanted an epic item, aside from the panda pet, they were all pretty reasonable and you could not manipulate a market really because there was no AH or TP, you just bartered for the best deal.

:TL;DR +1 to putting items like these in the gem store!

Btw I’d have to pay upwards of like $300 (actually 250 but 300 for the best deal) for 2550g to afford 1 of these which is just absolutely absurd and I would never do.

It’s a ridiculous and completely unfair price.

I mean, ANet could always add a way to earn such convenience items in-game from some challenging content but lol who am I kidding that was obviously a joke.

These items are reserved for the manipulating TP heroes and rich folk with nothing better to spend their money on. Or extremely lucky people that buy BL keys, which is probably your BEST bet at getting one of these for under a kittened price. (maybe ;p)

Posted by: Lea.6194

Lea.6194

yes, please, put this item on direct sale on the gemstore
With shared inventory, this item is highly interesting and lots of people would buy it ^^