Perpetual bar brawl, what happened to it ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Surmaturma.4823

Surmaturma.4823

Hi,

Any update on mini-games? Order of implementation, teaser of things to come? Any estimated schedule for next game to be implemented? Any comments upon possibility to join as a party? E.g. by adding the as guild missions even or something, party-join is really important!.

Cheers

“To Rasa Sum – and back again!”

Posted by: Serelisk.6573

Serelisk.6573

Hi,

Any update on mini-games? Order of implementation, teaser of things to come? Any estimated schedule for next game to be implemented? Any comments upon possibility to join as a party? E.g. by adding the as guild missions even or something, party-join is really important!.

Cheers

I’ve made a post about the current activities as I believe they’re planned so far from what I could find in the capital cities. Check it out.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Activities-you-don-t-know-about/first

I honestly don’t think any of these will see support for a long while though. :/ It seems this portion of the game has slipped into oblivion.

Kegmaster

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

isnt it time to put this in the game now?

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Long term we’ll absolutely be adding more activities as well, but we want to make sure we’ve got loads of stuff to do at level 80 in PvP, WvW, and PvE

8 months after and we still dont have ANYTHING new in PvE except a new JP and fractals…

Posted by: SquirrelKing.8964

SquirrelKing.8964

It’s funny, at first I thought that this was a new post. I read Colin’s quote about players getting a massive amount of things to do with the core skill bar in the October/November updates and was further boggled. Then I remembered costume brawl. Was that what he was talking about? That didn’t exactly pan out, :P

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Long term we’ll absolutely be adding more activities as well, but we want to make sure we’ve got loads of stuff to do at level 80 in PvP, WvW, and PvE

8 months after and we still dont have ANYTHING new in PvE except a new JP and fractals…

And the NPC brawling guild that wanders around Tyria….

And the Skritt Thief that also wanders around, stealing things….

And the 6-13 new Dynamic Events on Southsun Cove…

And the daily Laurels system…

And Guild Missions, including Rush, Trek, Puzzle, Bounty, and Challenge…

And Moa Racing…

And (coming Tuesday) Belcher’s Bluff….

And (coming Tuesday) Achievement rewards system…

And Living Story chapters at a constant, no-gap rate…

Might want to look up what “don’t have anything” means, because it’s a false statement when you paired it with new PvE content.

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

And Moa Racing…

Might want to look up what “don’t have anything” means, because it’s a false statement when you paired it with new PvE content.

-Not even sure what that is
-Skritt Thief is rare to find and isn’t encouraging enough to look for
-New DEs on Southsun where nobody visits because of the reward structure
-Laurels system isn’t content, it’s a system
-I’ll give you Guild Missions (though Trek is pretty lame)
-Moa Racing isn’t content

So you got Guild Missions and content that has been taken out of the game for anybody that has missed it. (Which really doesn’t constitute as having it as PvE content since you can’t access it.)

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Hint: Don’t miss the content if you don’t want to miss it. You had plenty of time.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

There are minigames in some of the Living stories too. Why aren’t they permanent? Why does no one play keg brawl except on days that it’s part of the daily.

They’ve had crab toss and dragon ball and mini games for Christmas and PvP for Christmas and halloween.

I’m not sure what the complaining is about? That we don’t have a minigame that people would have long since stopped caring about?

There’s plenty of content for people who like mini games with more around the corner.

Posted by: Serelisk.6573

Serelisk.6573

There are minigames in some of the Living stories too. Why aren’t they permanent? Why does no one play keg brawl except on days that it’s part of the daily.

They’ve had crab toss and dragon ball and mini games for Christmas and PvP for Christmas and halloween.

I’m not sure what the complaining is about? That we don’t have a minigame that people would have long since stopped caring about?

There’s plenty of content for people who like mini games with more around the corner.

That’s is a pretty insulting argument to make. I’ll give you the personal reason why I’m pretty kitten ed about this whole thing, because I refuse to be broad stroked by your image of “people who like mini games”…

The only mini game they have currently which I’ve spent more than my fair share of time playing is completely unsupported. It got two updates way back in the beginning of fall that didn’t fix the main issue that was there before, the one being a completely game breaking mechanic where you can score from any spot in the arena with minimal amounts of practice. It makes the game almost unplayable when you have several players doing this; the only reprieve being the small amount of thrill there is to beat someone repeatedly using a broken mechanic through conventional means. But it can’t be fun for a new player who has zero chance of even learning the kitten game if the keg sails high over their head every 12 seconds. And it’s not fun for me to have to deal with that kind of game play because there’s absolutely no way the game was meant to be played like that. arguably 8/10 skills available through all of keg brawl become absolutely irrelevant.

Furthermore, there’s no way to enjoy this socially without jumping through amazingly impossible hoops and barriers. There’s no leader boards or ladders, ranks, one title that was bugged for 5 months, there’s no way to even guarantee you’ll get into the same match as your friends… there’s no custom matches or reward tokens/cosmetic gear (part of the promise that disappeared with the other supposed 29 activities) Source

And it’s been 10 months. Sure, there were holiday activities, and I’m not mad that they’re not in the game. They’re seasonal, it makes sense. I don’t expect to be playing Snowball fights in May. But when I hear a crier every time I’m in Divinity’s Reach saying to try Mina’s Target shootout or go participate in Bar Brawl, you can imagine it being a little upsetting that it’s not possible and I fear may never be possible with each passing day that they don’t even acknowledge its existence.

Kegmaster

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

That’s is a pretty insulting argument to make. I’ll give you the personal reason why I’m pretty kitten ed about this whole thing, because I refuse to be broad stroked by your image of “people who like mini games”…

The only mini game they have currently which I’ve spent more than my fair share of time playing is completely unsupported. It got two updates way back in the beginning of fall that didn’t fix the main issue that was there before, the one being a completely game breaking mechanic where you can score from any spot in the arena with minimal amounts of practice. It makes the game almost unplayable when you have several players doing this; the only reprieve being the small amount of thrill there is to beat someone repeatedly using a broken mechanic through conventional means. But it can’t be fun for a new player who has zero chance of even learning the kitten game if the keg sails high over their head every 12 seconds. And it’s not fun for me to have to deal with that kind of game play because there’s absolutely no way the game was meant to be played like that. arguably 8/10 skills available through all of keg brawl become absolutely irrelevant.

Furthermore, there’s no way to enjoy this socially without jumping through amazingly impossible hoops and barriers. There’s no leader boards or ladders, ranks, one title that was bugged for 5 months, there’s no way to even guarantee you’ll get into the same match as your friends… there’s no custom matches or reward tokens/cosmetic gear (part of the promise that disappeared with the other supposed 29 activities) Source

And it’s been 10 months. Sure, there were holiday activities, and I’m not mad that they’re not in the game. They’re seasonal, it makes sense. I don’t expect to be playing Snowball fights in May. But when I hear a crier every time I’m in Divinity’s Reach saying to try Mina’s Target shootout or go participate in Bar Brawl, you can imagine it being a little upsetting that it’s not possible and I fear may never be possible with each passing day that they don’t even acknowledge its existence.

Yep you’re right. You have every right to complain about it.

My apologies.

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

That sounds pretty good for the future. I like that you plan more content for lvl 80, because there is big lack of it, also in terms of high-end areas and challenging dungeons (except Fractals).

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Posted by: Colonel Logan.9218

Colonel Logan.9218

I am still looking for bar brawl..I have world completion but I feel like I am missing the spot in which it’s at

Posted by: Fairymore.8609

Fairymore.8609

I wonder how the shooting range would have worked. Would you have been put in to first person point of view and shot at moving targets, that sounds like fun. Would be cool if you could collect a high score that others can see and compete with.

Don’t underestimate mini games in games, look at Pet battles in World of Warcraft. Or farmville-ish mini games in WoW or DragonNest.

Posted by: Tamerlayne.2407

Tamerlayne.2407

isnt it time to put this in the game now?

With the new Achievement update this is showing under Activities sub tab.

None of the achievements show a “Suggested Location” (not all achievements do, but some do – Some JP’s do, but not all – weird that / many Explorer ones, etc.) so:

Is this in the game, or “Coming Soon”???

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

<<If you’re telling us that the focus is creating new content to do with the max level builds we worked hard to create instead of mini-games I can greatly appreciate that.>>

Correct, yes, that’s what we’re saying =)

lol, Looking back at these dev posts is hilarious considering what they are actually adding to the game now. Mini games galore….and still no Bar Brawl. And still very little max level content additions.

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

We have the Bar Brawl achievements in-game for roughly 6 months now, and still no mini game.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I understand people’s frustrations over these games not being put in yet when they were hyped up years before release. I take it with a grain of salt though because they were always saying right along with all of that that they are a very iterative company. If they don’t like the way something is going, they yank it, plain and simple. They will still put it in and I like to think they have earned my trust enough to garner a bit of a “wait patiently” for them to implement it properly. I would much rather have something they feel deserves to be in the game as opposed to something they maybe didnt like as much and added it because they felt pressured by the player base.

It’s also mini games which are supposed to be enjoyed in short bursts. I can’t see myself wanting to do something like polymock or bar brawl for 2-3 hour sessions so i temper my desire for it accordingly.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Garenthal.1480

Garenthal.1480

And Moa Racing…

How much of that is tied to temporary content? There’s certainly been some great additions to the game, but way too much has simply been removed a few of weeks after implementation.

Posted by: Radu.1693

Radu.1693

The fact that the cross map throw still hasn’t been addressed is upsetting, but now with the addition of achievement rewards It’s basically impossible to play keg brawl at all, every match is just filled with people boosting for achievements and theres still no option to report players for cheating or exploiting.