Perseverance and Loot Boxes From PvP

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fivona.5061

Fivona.5061

I wonder Perseverance from Silverwastes and Ember Bay works for Loot Boxes ?

- Boxes from PvP and WvW.
- Should i pile up my boxes and get max Perseverance to open them ?
- Offical answer will be nice, thanks.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Perseverance

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

I’d assume it works for the boxes that are affected by magic find, and doesn’t for the ones that aren’t.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’d assume it works for the boxes that are affected by magic find, and doesn’t for the ones that aren’t.

You don’t have to assume it; there’s plenty of evidence that all ‘persistent’ MF affects loot (notably, forum frequenter Wanze collected data from 1000s of Divine Envelopes at various levels of MF). The only tricky one is the MF-boost you get in the moment of opening a lost bandit chest; it’s hard to measure whether that one matters.

However, it’s probably moot. The difference between MF of X and X+100 is hard to measure unless we’re looking at 1000s of drops. To notice the benefit, you’d have to save up all your PvP loot boxes (that are affected by MF) for a long, long time.

As an experiment, I saved 300 boxes of various types from the Heart of Maguuma Reward track and opened 100 with the minimum MF I could, 100 with close to the max available to me, and the last 100 with the minimum as a control. The difference between min & max wasn’t notably bigger than between min and second min. In other words, a sample size of 100 is too small to observe the differences.

tl;dr MF affects the loot boxes meant to mimic drops from killing foes in PvE. However, there are too few boxes for most of us to worry about maxing MF.

In other words, pop a couple of cheap MF foods and see if you can grab a banner, but don’t go nuts trying to maximize MF for any fewer than 4 stacks of loot boxes.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Fivona.5061

I am not asking “Magic Find affects Boxes?”
I am asking “Perseverance affects Boxes ?”
Interface showing it as added MF, but it maybe coded to affect only zone or chests.
(Because, it feels wrong)

So offical answer may help here.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There’s this:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Perseverance
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talk:Perseverance

It is only active in the zone (map) it is acquired in (The Silverwastes or Ember Bay) and only affects items affected by Magic Find.

Probably as official as you will get.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I am not asking “Magic Find affects Boxes?”
I am asking “Perseverance affects Boxes ?”
Interface showing it as added MF, but it maybe coded to affect only zone or chests.
(Because, it feels wrong)

So offical answer may help here.

Your question was answered: Perseverance affects MF for everything that is affected by MF, which includes some PvP loot boxes.

Historically, ANet does not address such questions, so it’s doubtful you’ll see anything official; we have to rely on player tests.

Regardless, even though it affects the boxes, you aren’t likely to notice the benefits, unless you save up lots & lots & lots of containers.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Fivona.5061

They should answer such questions.
Anything includes RNG cannot be confirmed by player tests.
This game poorly documented, fatal mistake by Anet.