Personal Bank Gold Changes?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

When are we going to be able to deposit gold in our personal banks again? I remember Martin Kerstein talking about how the band-aid fix for it was to use a personal guild bank, but that was ages ago. Then, nothing ever happened after that. Are we going to get this fixed at some point? We lost some great functionality and have gotten nothing implemented to make the system better.

I ask because I would like to see it return and would also like to see some improvements with guild banking if personal gold storage doesn’t make a return. If a guild leader sets permissions for an account to be flagged as having full access to a guild bank, then it should just have full access. I get that you are protecting people from having their guilds being ripped off but why is that not on the guild leaders to set proper parameters for who can access stuff?

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

What is the issue? You can’t put gold in your bank?

Posted by: abbetd.5912

abbetd.5912

Honest question here; what benefit is there to having gold storage in your bank? I could understand if gold weren’t shared account wide, or if there was a low cap to how much gold you could have, but I really see no benefit to adding gold storage to personal banks.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Indeed, it is not possible to deposit gold in a personal bank. That is what the OP is referring to.

The Burninator

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

If you want to “store” gold outside of the wallet, try using low bids on expensive items on the trading post.

If you want to store 1000g for example, just post an order for a stack of legendary weapons at 4g each. Its relatively safe to assume that those orders will never be filled and you can take them off anytime you want, without losing any gold.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

why do you want to deposit gold into personal bank? it makes no sense now that we have wallet.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

When he said that was a bandaid fix I don’t think it meant that they thought it was a problem or something they were going to change but an acknowledgement that some players thought it was a problem and that was a way around it.

ANet and most players are happy with the new system (as can be told by the lack of forum posts complaining about it). Imo, It’s not going to be changed anytime in the foreseeable future so use a personal guild bank to set gold aside.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

Out of curiosity, why do you need a personal bank for gold? Is there some wallet limit you are hitting or something?

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Ah, bank vs. wallet, gotcha. Why? Is there a limit to coins in wallet? (not that I’d know, I’m poor)

Just a flesh wound.3589

Out of curiosity, why do you need a personal bank for gold? Is there some wallet limit you are hitting or something?

Back when they put the wallet in, there were complaints because some people liked having each char advance and pay it’s own way (for roleplay purposes). Their rich char could be rich and their poor char could only have a few silver and have to save for any purchase. All that was changed with the wallet as now they all have the same amount of gold. The Dev suggested using a personal guild bank as a separate bank to those people.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Ah, bank vs. wallet, gotcha. Why? Is there a limit to coins in wallet? (not that I’d know, I’m poor)

Probably a matter of people being unable control how much they spend if they have all their money in one place.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The reason folks complained about it when the wallet came into existence was they wanted to track which alt earned/used how much gold (for RP reasons or just to keep alts feeling individual). Also they hated the risk they might accidentally buy something they didn’t mean to thanks to a hasty double click or other mistake, and having most of their gold in the bank meant they would have to deliberately withdraw it for large purchases.

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

The reason folks complained about it when the wallet came into existence was they wanted to track which alt earned/used how much gold (for RP reasons or just to keep alts feeling individual). Also they hated the risk they might accidentally buy something they didn’t mean to thanks to a hasty double click or other mistake, and having most of their gold in the bank meant they would have to deliberately withdraw it for large purchases.

A workaround is to create a personal guild , then deposit all your gold ….and keep a reduced amount in your wallet.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Yep. I didn’t mention that because then there’s the whole issue of people who are so nervous about mis-clicking and thus spending money having to avoid mis-clicking the button that destroys the guild and everything in its bank. Many teeth would be gnashed.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yep. I didn’t mention that because then there’s the whole issue of people who are so nervous about mis-clicking and thus spending money having to avoid mis-clicking the button that destroys the guild and everything in its bank. Many teeth would be gnashed.

That ‘leave guild’ button absolutely should not be beside the other button to stop repping. Leaving a personal guild that has no other members that can bring you back in can be devastating to your finances.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

The issue is that when the game came out we could store gold in our personal bank. They changed it. They said that in the interim we should use a personal guild bank. Then a fix never came to replace the removed personal gold storage in our personal bank.

Heck, I would even take it a step further and say that we should get an optional password system on our bank gold storage. That way even people that get hacked have a way to protect something. Options are good things. If account safety is so paramount, why can’t gold be stored in our bank and not in a personal guild bank that has a “Leave Guild” button right next to the “Represent” button?

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Iason Evan.3806)

Posted by: Bristingr.5034

Bristingr.5034

That ‘leave guild’ button absolutely should not be beside the other button to stop repping. Leaving a personal guild that has no other members that can bring you back in can be devastating to your finances.

I agree with this. They should put the “Leave Guild” at the top or something, or at the VERY LEAST, make it so the 2 buttons are further apart.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

The issue is that when the game came out we could store gold in our personal bank. They changed it. They said that in the interim we should use a personal guild bank. Then a fix never came to replace the removed personal gold storage in our personal bank.

I just looked through Martin’s posts and I don’t see anything stating there would be a ‘fix’. He stated that having both options (wallet and personal bank) for storing gold was not as simple as other posters suggested. He then later replied to someone else stating it wasn’t an option to have both systems. The personal guild bank was suggested as an option for storing your gold if you so choose.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/jubilee/Token-Wallet-Thank-you-a-net/page/5#post2529629

It is not as simple as having both, it is something that is within the code and the interaction of multiple different elements of the game. So it might look like an easy thing on the outside – under the hood there is a lot of programming magic going on.

So if you need to have a bankspace to protect yourself from – well – yourself, you have to use the “individual guild” route.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/jubilee/Token-Wallet-Thank-you-a-net/page/5#post2529665

You did not read my post properly. It is not an option. It is not possible without touching core systems. Which will have other consequences. An MMO is a very complex thing.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Just a flesh wound.3589

Heck, I would even take it a step further and say that we should get an optional password system on our bank gold storage. That way even people that get hacked have a way to protect something. Options are good things. If account safety is so paramount, why can’t gold be stored in our bank and not in a personal guild bank that has a “Leave Guild” button right next to the “Represent” button?

Did they actually say back then there was going to be a fix? My remembrance is that they said it as a workaround to the people who were unhappy but there wouldn’t be any changes.

Perhaps you can post the quote where they said they would put in a fix.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

i was never under the impression this was still an “issue”. The assumption that the current gold storage situation is going to change is news to me…..

AFAIK, there was a segment of the players that was unhappy with the change, but I never got the impression there was any expectation of something different being done to the current system.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Did they actually say back then there was going to be a fix? My remembrance is that they said it as a workaround to the people who were unhappy but there wouldn’t be any changes.

Perhaps you can post the quote where they said they would put in a fix.

No. They said there would be no fix. Which explains why people stopped complaining about it for the most part. The guild bank works, but it is scary. Should the account get hacked anything taken from the guild bank would be lost forever. Oh, and guild bank can only hold 3000 gold. (Not that I have anything near that much.)

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I agree with this. They should put the “Leave Guild” at the top or something, or at the VERY LEAST, make it so the 2 buttons are further apart.

Considering the Dev’s are well aware we use some guilds for banks, they should firstly give use more capacity to join Guilds. 5 Guilds certainly aren’t enough to join and have as banks. For leaving the guild, there should be a multi-step process to protect players.

Heck, I don’t know why we don’t have a Warehouse feature built into the game for storage. A horder like me really really wants one

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.