Personal Guild Vault

Personal Guild Vault

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Andy.9586

Andy.9586

I may be missing something but, with the new update and guild halls, Anet has done away with personal guild banks. Existing vault are grandfathered but new and upgrades now require Favor and Aetherium. Those can not be purchased like influence under the old system.
So now you’re stuck with buying bank tabs and bag expansions if you want to have extra storage. Another nail in Anet’s coffin for me. I’m getting more and more disillusioned
every day with the direction this company is taking.
And for those “give me your stuff” comment, I’m not quitting the game, I just won’t put any more money into it.

Personal Guild Vault

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Even solo players can gain Favor; it’s just slow-going. Thus, you can create a personal guild bank, if you so desire.

Good luck.

Personal Guild Vault

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Tbh the whole personal bank/vault thing was sort of an exploit or getting around of the system in the first place.

Yes I do have just a 2 person guild and we did unlock all the storage options so I really should not be saying this. However my friend and I (both came here from another game) made our guild for the purpose of the usual guild reasons and did not make it specifically for the storage benefits. This is our main guild and always will be, period.

I think this had to be done to stop further “exploits” (for lack of a better word) and to get people to look at guilds for what they are meant to be and not some personal storage feature. That may sound harsh but it is what it is. Maybe part of the problem is we can belong to so many guilds at once?

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Personal Guild Vault

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

Even solo players can gain Favor; it’s just slow-going. Thus, you can create a personal guild bank, if you so desire.

Good luck.

How can a solo player gain favor?

Personal Guild Vault

Paulytnz.7619

Good luck.

Supposedly hardcore “1337” players can solo bounties or some other missions.

Personal Guild Vault

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Good luck.

You neither have to be hardcore nor “l337” to solo easy tier races or treks. You just need a little free time, or a wiki respectively. It’s actually easier than farming silverwastes.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Personal Guild Vault

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

You don’t have to be leet, you just have to choose the PVE open world bounty and track the target until another guild with the same bounty turns up. If you timer is running out attack the target anyway. Chance are others will join. It’s not much favor per week but it is some.

Personal Guild Vault

Paulytnz.7619

Good luck.

You neither have to be hardcore nor “l337” to solo easy tier races or treks. You just need a little free time, or a wiki respectively. It’s actually easier than farming silverwastes.

I will take your word for it that they have made races/treks easier than before HOT. Because in the old system doing a trek was pretty well much not so easy or fun. You had to complete the course so many times and the time/mobs in the area were a problem. Bounties were not solo-able, well not the ones I were having probs with even when I was just helping other guilds do their bounties. Add to this guilds had to compete and wait their turns. Sure now it may be easier because guilds can help each other out now in this regard.

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Personal Guild Vault

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

A handful of bounties are soloable, but fortunately, you never need to solo them, since they take place in the open world. Just announce you are about to go after the target and people will join, since there are nice rewards for completing events (even if you aren’t in the guild).

I think people have confused the nature of the changes:

• Prior to HoT, it was trivial for anyone to add influence by spending coin, passively by completing any event|instance, or even more passively just by logging in on multiple characters. And of course, official guild activities.
  • Post HoT, you can only gain favor actively; there are no more passive sources.

This definitely makes things harder on smaller guilds; it doesn’t mean it’s impossible or even burdensome.

tl;dr new personal guild vaults are still possible; they just aren’t trivial to obtain any longer.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”