Personal House, Something i want

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

Hello!.
ok so i want to be able to let people go in and out my house wen they please,
i was thinking about as long as im in a house people could walk up to the door and chose to eaither go to their or go to to their own home, just like in GTA5ONLINE houseing if u ever seen it.
MAKE IT HAPPEND

Posted by: Iyeru.5240

Iyeru.5240

Don’t do it like FFXIV though (where there’s a limitd amount of houses per server per location), allow everyone to get a house.

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Make a personal guild hall.

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

I think it would be cool to have smaller instanced zones that players can clear of local wildlife/inhabitants, or just claim and build a nice home. No wories about limited space since it’s instanced. And you can have smaller places hidden on several maps for different themes.

Discover one of those isntances could unluck an npc that offers decorations etc, to whom you can talk to move your home instance nodes to your newly found home and maybe go to to discover hints about other instances that can be claimed as homes. Could be quite fun and i’m sure quite lucrative for anet if they offer gemstore decorations and additions. And with guild halls the basics of it is already ingame, and you wont need more than the basics since its basically the same on a smaller scale.

Would be quite a cool and fun addition, maybe have a little pet area where , incase you’re a ranger, the pets you unlock (character based ofc) could show up, or perhaps open up possible npc’s the create a romantic bond with all over tyria that could move there (and be in charge of the decorations, treasury and upgrades etc)

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I support this. They could add a door inside the home instance that redirects to a “guildless guild hall”

The extra work would be in creating a separate database backend for decorations, since as far as I’m aware, decorations in their current implementation are tied to the guild once consumed from an inventory.

So, basically, what they’d have to do is mirror that system, set some flags for certain things to allow/deny being added to a “personal decoration inventory” to prevent things intended for guild decoration (like banners or certain trophies, etc.) and add some basic decoration vendors to the home instance so that “solo scribes” have a supply of basic decorations to upgrade.

From there it’s just a matter of building out the UI to support personal home instances.

The question is whether or not anet wants to move this direction, or if they want to keep the decorative sandbox nature of the system limited to guilds so as not to create a conflict of interest between personal decoration and guild hall decoration.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

What, is being a heroic hobo not good enough?

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Housing? I just want my own chair… :/

Then again I think it’d be easy to have something interesting in your home instance. It doesn’t feel like a home at all.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

speaking of this subject i would love if i had a house ina like middle of gandaren fields, same original 1 with active events, and i could lock myself in and decorade it

Posted by: Leming.8436

Leming.8436

You want home instances and roleplay? Play Back Desert. They have impleneted everything you are talking about.
Before i forgot to add this typical sentence.
“Leave the devs alone for now! They are working so kitten <—(its a swear?, you should add “work” to that list ANET.) HoT right now!"

(edited by Leming.8436)

Posted by: Zach.2618

Zach.2618

We are all vagabonds and workaholics in gw2, we spend our time roaming the world and slaying our foes only for the occasional chat in lions arch. It’s a world of no sleep nor rest. No one knows where we come from for we just magically appear as adults in a time of peril. Who is my mother? Who is my father? No one knows… It’ll forever be a mystery…

Posted by: Quaggan.2630

Quaggan.2630

i want my mini pets, which i owned, some are random walking and some are random running or chasing

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

It would also be nice, if the chef in your home can prepare quaggan steaks for you. Maybe add a lake so you can make sure they are fresh.

Posted by: Undeadkemea.4865

Undeadkemea.4865

I have been wanting this since headstart. If Guild Wars 2 works on personal housing in the same sense Rift did it after 3 or 4 years…..the game can finally be called a finished product for me :P

Guild Halls are so dang awesome (from what I can see so far) but I would really just like to have my own bar. I don’t know if we can have some pocket dimension lore, probably asurans being able to have certain parts of the Mists available or whatnot. Could even tie in an event that the housing agency is getting overrun by creatures of the Mists and that you have to save em to get to your house or whatnot.

Also, new crafting profession? The Carpenter, able to make all kinds of decorations for personal housing, in the same vein as Scribe and decorations. Give the players their own place for place to retire after a long hard day of fighting.

Guild hall for guild accomplishments and as meeting grounds, instanced player housing maps (way smaller areas, think slightly bigger than the place where you fight the Norn introductory boss or the asura introductory boss) where you can invite a few friends and whatnot.

Posted by: Azathoth.2098

Azathoth.2098

Housing would be so great!

Posted by: Emelyn.8729

Emelyn.8729

Add me to the list of those who’d love a personal house. Add me to the list of those who’d love a Carpenter craft to help furnish the house. I’ve played a few games with personal housing and it was wonderful. I’m thinking specifically of EQ2 (are we allowed to mention other games by name?). Some of the homes created were nothing short of spectacular — such creativity in the community!

I left FFXIV before housing was implemented, but I hear it’s pretty good. LOTRO and Vanguard (great game, too bad it went bye bye) had fun housing, too. And, of course, I hear SWG housing was also nothing to sneeze at. I still regret missing that one.

In short, adding housing to GW2 would be a definite win as far as I’m concerned. We have a Personal Story. We need a Personal House.