Personal Story Restoration update

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IvanGrasp.5190

IvanGrasp.5190

This also happened to me — I chose “let an innocent die”, and I also got the Shell Shock/Syska line. I caught it because during the Battle at Fort Trinity, Traehearne started talking about someone named Tonn as if I were supposed to know this person… After that mission, my story reverted back to Syska with Delivering Justice.

Yep, chose the ‘suffer’ option, got the ‘dishonored’ mission instead.

Weird, and as mwobey said, my story reverted to liberating apatia, the last mission on “make another suffer” =/. I had to read the wiki cause I didn’t even know who apatia is

Posted by: BobbyStein

Previous

BobbyStein

Guild Wars 2 Narrative Lead

Next

We’ve got someone looking into the Greatest Fear successor story steps issue. I don’t have an ETA but wanted to let you know it’s being investigated. Thanks for your patience.

Posted by: cerulean moth.2743

cerulean moth.2743

thanks bobby! looking forward to being able to complete the PS on my warrior!

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

Hi guys! I’m here to submit a bug, maybe some of you have it too.
It occur when the pale three ask us what is our greatest fear: Make another suffer, dishonnor my allies and make an innocent die. I have choose Make Another Suffer with my sylvari but, when running personnal story, there is the story of DISHONNOR MY ALLIES that’s running.
I was saying myself, i just misclick but no, at the start of the “battle for for trinity mission” Traherne say me that the krait orb i’ve found is on security and that he is sorry for Apatia.
What? So actually when choosing with the pale tree: MAKE ANOTHER SUFFER the story that is running is the one of DISHONNOR MY ALLIES.
SO i’m here to submit the bug to arenastaff and, maybe some of you have been experimenting it too? Just tell me please.
Have a nice day
edit: After “battle for trinity” Traherne talks me about syska, that her manipulation need to end. But actually, the mission i have is the last of Make another suffer, finding apatia into krait city. And it’s the first mission i have of this arc. The arc of MAKE ANOTHER SUFFER is pretty broken. The two first mission are the same that DISHONNER MY ALLIES but actually the last, after fort trinity, is the good one with apatia in krait city.

Posted by: Velox.5340

Velox.5340

Hi guys! I’m here to submit a bug, maybe some of you have it too.
It occur when the pale three ask us what is our greatest fear: Make another suffer, dishonnor my allies and make an innocent die. I have choose Make Another Suffer with my sylvari but, when running personnal story, there is the story of DISHONNOR MY ALLIES that’s running.
I was saying myself, i just misclick but no, at the start of the “battle for for trinity mission” Traherne say me that the krait orb i’ve found is on security and that he is sorry for Apatia.
What? So actually when choosing with the pale tree: MAKE ANOTHER SUFFER the story that is running is the one of DISHONNOR MY ALLIES.
SO i’m here to submit the bug to arenastaff and, maybe some of you have been experimenting it too? Just tell me please.
Have a nice day
edit: After “battle for trinity” Traherne talks me about syska, that her manipulation need to end. But actually, the mission i have is the last of Make another suffer, finding apatia into krait city. And it’s the first mission i have of this arc. The arc of MAKE ANOTHER SUFFER is pretty broken. The two first mission are the same that DISHONNER MY ALLIES but actually the last, after fort trinity, is the good one with apatia in krait city.

Came here to report exactly this.
Edit: can’t read. Didn’t see that it’s a known issue.

Posted by: Dimitris.3195

Dimitris.3195

A fix came to the most recent update about the personal story step that the “Forging the Pact” initiates, did that actually count as a fix to the already broken quest lines for those who had done that step before the patch, or do we wait for another patch that will fix that issue, too? Also thanks for being clear with us on this Bobby, keep up the good work!

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

Update: The Forging the Pact bug fix was included in yesterday’s hotfix. Here’s the excerpt from the release notes:

“Fixed an issue in which completing the story step Forging the Pact was incorrectly assigning players Shell Shock. Completing Forging the Pact will now assign the next quest correctly.”

If your character hasn’t yet completed Forging the Pact then you’ll be correctly placed on the successor story step based on your Greatest Fear choice.

If your character has already completed Forging the Pact and was incorrectly put on Shell Shock chain as a result of the bug, then you will have to complete that active story chain.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Posted by: Hokum.5439

Hokum.5439

“If your character has already completed Forging the Pact and was incorrectly put on Shell Shock chain as a result of the bug, then you will have to complete that active story chain.”

Great.

Ok. Thank you anyway

Posted by: Xenigma.4305

Xenigma.4305

First off, thanks again for doing this restoration: going through the Orr storyline just before HoT launched and having everything back like it was at launch (and apparently improved!) was wonderful.

That said, there is one thing that I’d still like to see changed: the reward structure for the final two chapters. All the restored missions simply reward three bags of loot, and the end of chapter seven rewards (such as a pair of level 70 exotic boots) are still part of The Source of Orr, despite being back to the second-to-last mission of the personal story. Heck, it’s still a level 70 mission, a dozen missions into the level 80 quest line! While it’s great to have the story intact again, could we please reorganize the rewards so the level 70 gear is rewarded during the level 70 arc, as well as make sure missions in the level 80 arc are actually level 80?

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

First off, thanks again for doing this restoration: going through the Orr storyline just before HoT launched and having everything back like it was at launch (and apparently improved!) was wonderful.

You’re welcome!

…there is one thing that I’d still like to see changed: the reward structure for the final two chapters. All the restored missions simply reward three bags of loot, and the end of chapter seven rewards (such as a pair of level 70 exotic boots) are still part of The Source of Orr, despite being back to the second-to-last mission of the personal story. Heck, it’s still a level 70 mission, a dozen missions into the level 80 quest line! While it’s great to have the story intact again, could we please reorganize the rewards so the level 70 gear is rewarded during the level 70 arc, as well as make sure missions in the level 80 arc are actually level 80?

There’s an open bug on this issue. Now that HoT is out someone should be able to investigate it. I don’t have an ETA on when a fix would be available, but it’s on the list of things to do.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

There’s an open bug on this issue. Now that HoT is out someone should be able to investigate it. I don’t have an ETA on when a fix would be available, but it’s on the list of things to do.

I guess my six remaining characters will not be progressing past chapter 6 for a while now.

On a similar topic: Now that HoT is out, is there any update to be had regarding Season 1 being made permanent content? Is it still simply on the table, has it been taken off the table, is it on an up-coming to-do list without an ETA, or perhaps it is being worked on?

And I know this is beyond unlikely but… any chance there’s an update on the PS becoming replayable being a possibility?

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

I guess my six remaining characters will not be progressing past chapter 6 for a while now.

At a glance it doesn’t seem like a huge undertaking to fix that bug, but since I’m not the person who would be doing the work I can’t say for certain. Hang tight.

On a similar topic: Now that HoT is out, is there any update to be had regarding Season 1 being made permanent content?

Not at the moment.

Is it still simply on the table, has it been taken off the table, is it on an up-coming to-do list without an ETA, or perhaps it is being worked on?

We’re inspecting the table, since it often has a lot of things on it. No ETA on when the inspection will be done, but it’s on the list.

And I know this is beyond unlikely but… any chance there’s an update on the PS becoming replayable being a possibility?

That’s not my decision to make, but if I were a betting man I’d say it won’t happen.

Posted by: xenonmb.7186

xenonmb.7186

Hi,

looking through my achievements in search of mastery points, i saw i do not have the “The Cost of Victory” Achievement, but my personal story is completed… what do?

Konig Des Todes.2086

The Cost of Victory requires completing the last of the Greatest Fear plot steps. If you completed the PS before they were restored/after they were removed, then you wouldn’t have gotten it unlocked.

You probably never technically completed the requirements for that achievement thanks to the NPE mess that took 9 months to fix.

That’s not my decision to make, but if I were a betting man I’d say it won’t happen.

Aww, please? It feels so disjointed to have that un-replayable and it makes documentation for the wiki a huge pain!

Would cookies and Vodka make things more likely?

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Merus.9475

Merus.9475

On a similar topic: Now that HoT is out, is there any update to be had regarding Season 1 being made permanent content?

Not at the moment.

Well do you mind if I speculate?

I’m assuming a permanent Season 1 will be largely new content using old assets. Some of the later content could be ported in verbatim, but there’s large chunks that would have to be built within an instance and built to scale to one player.

If you’re rebuilding Season 1, it might also make sense to take a mulligan on some aspects of the story that weren’t well-received; bridge the gap between the personal story and Season 2 better, by having Traherne, the Pact and the Orders visibly recede in importance, and backfill some of the earlier chapters so that Scarlet looks smarter in hindsight. (This’d also allow for removing some of the visible anxiety from the first go around, where introducing Scarlet was rushed forwards to respond to players who felt the storylines weren’t going anywhere.)

The trick here is that for pacing reasons you want a big finish halfway through, and Tower of Nightmares fits that better than anything else – you’ve got the Scarlet cutscene setting the stakes, and you’ve got that great cutscene of the Tower blowing up as one hell of a show-stopper.

So: Tower of Nightmares on episode 4 (assuming 8 episodes). That means Flame and Frost is episode 1, Dragon Bash/Sky Pirates of Tyria is episode 2, and Queen’s Jubilee/Clockwork Chaos is episode 3. That means Bazaar of the Four Winds get pushed back, and this is where you start retconning a little, by having your character do a deal with Ellen Kiel to use the fractal research to dig into Thaumanova. The Southsun arc gets a little disconnected here – the only really important thing is that Secret of Southsun happens after Flame and Frost, it’s not when Lord Faren and Kasmeer have places to be, and that Canach’s billet is purchased by Episode 7.

I’d fill in some of the gaps with new material where Traherne and the player part ways (also an opportunity to mulligan the perception that Traherne doesn’t acknowledge the player’s work), the Orders are increasingly out-foxed by Scarlet (thus justifying bringing together a new guild), and a sequence where players dig through Scarlet’s history as Ceara and the history of the Bazaar. (If I had my druthers, I’d also add special content for asura who designed the infinity ball – and bring back the original tragic ending just for those characters, as an alternate history they undo. Maybe also other races closely affected by Ceara.)

Thankfully I don’t have to make time to do any of this.

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

Aww, please? It feels so disjointed to have that un-replayable and it makes documentation for the wiki a huge pain!

Would cookies and Vodka make things more likely?

Haha. Well, it may depend on what brand of vodka and if the cookies have chocolate chips in them.

Side note: thanks to you and the other folk for updating the wiki with the new changes. Much obliged.

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

Thankfully I don’t have to make time to do any of this.

The eternal struggle.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Hey BobbyStein, this isnt to important or anything, but is there a chance that we will ever be able to get some of the previously obtainable story armor skins only(studded shoulders and the like) in some other way? i noticed they didnt get restored with the story and was utterly disappointed when i ran my engineer through in the hopes of obtaining them recently!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Armeth.3145

Armeth.3145

Forging the Pact is still bugged. Trahearne stands at the entrance to the ruins and never moves.

Posted by: RubberDougie.2750

RubberDougie.2750

I was missing C7 step 2-4 for Suffer and never dealt with Syska afterwards. This was in the past month. Before then, I was on the level 50 quests.

Posted by: Leevsgad.6590

Leevsgad.6590

Hi,

looking through my achievements in search of mastery points, i saw i do not have the “The Cost of Victory” Achievement, but my personal story is completed… what do?

Same here. Is there at least a way to get that mastery point since we can’t replay the mission? It literally took me 2 years to get this character to 80 because I just don’t have the time/attention span to play often/at all. Because of that I know I won’t be getting any new mastery points any time soon and now I’m being punished for inconsistencies in content? Wonderful. :/

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

After running through the personnal story for my revenant, I believe it’s in a good place right now.

The storyline has been polished and is pleasant right now. Really, thank you for that. I liked the charr traitor act, it’s a good replacement for the Apatia act. And, in a way, it’s more rewarding to track a traitor than being the thief that destroy the kraith after stealing their magic orb that prevent undead to attack them. Even if they are hatefull slave traders.

Combat wise, the foes are not to strong nor to weak, It’s pretty well balanced and that’s really pleasant.

Overall, a big thank you for the rework, you deserve it.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

After running through the personnal story for my revenant, I believe it’s in a good place right now.

The storyline has been polished and is pleasant right now. Really, thank you for that. I liked the charr traitor act, it’s a good replacement for the Apatia act. And, in a way, it’s more rewarding to track a traitor than being the thief that destroy the kraith after stealing their magic orb that prevent undead to attack them. Even if they are hatefull slave traders.

Combat wise, the foes are not to strong nor to weak, It’s pretty well balanced and that’s really pleasant.

Overall, a big thank you for the rework, you deserve it.

The charr traitor story arc doesn’t replace the Apatia one, it’s just an alternate story based on what you pick as a greatest fear when talking to the Pale Tree. (The Apatia/krait story is if you pick ‘making another suffer’, the charr traitor is if you pick ‘dishonour my allies’ and there’s also one with Demolitionist Tonn and a bone ship if you pick ‘letting an innocent die’.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

My bad… seem like I always picked the same greatest fear on most of my characters then…

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Colin stated in the blog posts that Personal Story will become replayable, eventually.

Konig Des Todes.2086

The only thing that Colin said would be is Season 1. Which is not the same as the Personal Story. And even that is just the stated hope for.

Which honestly there is no reason not to.

Dear ANet writers,

reapex.8546

The only thing that Colin said would be is Season 1. Which is not the same as the Personal Story. And even that is just the stated hope for.

He said both at different times.

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

Can you find a quote where he said that? To the best of my knowledge we’ve never had plans to make the Personal Story in the core game repeatable on a single character. The design was, as I understood it, to encourage replay of PS on alt characters.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Of course there are reasons not to make the PS repeatable: it costs development & QA time that might be spent on something else. So far, the only two reasons I’ve seen stated to make that sort of change are: to help document the wiki and because it would be consistent with the LS2 & HoT stories. The first is a noble cause, without (in my opinion) outweighing the costs; there are also other ways to resolve that issue. The second, well, it wouldn’t be the first inconsistency in the game to remain.

Given the choice, I’d far prefer to see new stories. For the community, I’d prefer to see Season 1 turned into something that new players could at least watch via in-game cinematics, even if it’s too costly to implement an actual playable story.

tl;dr I’m not against making the PS replayable; I just don’t see that it’s a better value to the community than just about any other story-related suggestion

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Konig Des Todes.2086

Of course there are reasons not to make the PS repeatable: it costs development & QA time that might be spent on something else. So far, the only two reasons I’ve seen stated to make that sort of change are: to help document the wiki and because it would be consistent with the LS2 & HoT stories. The first is a noble cause, without (in my opinion) outweighing the costs; there are also other ways to resolve that issue. The second, well, it wouldn’t be the first inconsistency in the game to remain.

Given the choice, I’d far prefer to see new stories. For the community, I’d prefer to see Season 1 turned into something that new players could at least watch via in-game cinematics, even if it’s too costly to implement an actual playable story.

tl;dr I’m not against making the PS replayable; I just don’t see that it’s a better value to the community than just about any other story-related suggestion

Let me put it like this:

To a new player – e.g., the people who would be the biggest income for ArenaNet, given the LW’s model and that gemstore purchases are unrequired – the personal story is the very first storyline that they’ll experience.

Do you want new players – again, the biggest income for ArenaNet – to be introduced with a story that has buggy and uninteresting real-time cinematics (the rare times they’re present), a series of limited-time cinematcs (I think that’s the term for them- the side-by-side ones) which aren’t used elsewhere, buggy or odd placed instances, dialogue, and discontinuity from the open world?

Even if there’s this grand, awesome, super-interesting story waiting for them, they will first experience the personal story. And let me make it clear: first impressions DO matter.

The tutorial has been made shoddy with the NPE. And the Personal Story was always a bit iffy, which has only been made more prominent by the improved work of Season 2 and Heart of Thorns.

Going back and reworking the Personal Story to flow better will be a benefit in the large part. Not only would it give reason for veteran players to go through it on more than three-to-five characters, but reworking the PS and making it replayable gives an opportunity to give it story achievements and related rewards, effectively producing new content without the whole team required to put effort into it.

Now I’m not saying it’d be an easy task. But I would argue day and night that the benefits outweigh the costs.

And the same goes double for Season 1, where players can’t even experience the story but are left – for now – with a highly incomplete summary.

It might be fine for you or me who have already experienced the story, but for everyone else – which is far greater in numbers – that’s not the case.

Its good to look ahead, but to blindly charge forward without taking a pause to look at older values and see how they can be improved to augment the newly created content would leave new players being delivered with a shining example of glory, just to be introduced with what is comparatively a dirty-but-working product.

And yes, I’m aware you can do the later storylines without completing the Personal Story. But would you read The Two Towers without reading Fellowship of the Ring?

Dear ANet writers,

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

Some additional PS Restoration fixes went live on the 15th:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-December-15-2015

Personal Story

• Updated the required level messaging for “Against the Corruption,” “Cathedral of Silence,” “Romke’s Final Voyage,” and “Source of Orr” from 70 to 80.
  • Updated “Against the Corruption,” “Cathedral of Silence,” and “Romke’s Final Voyage” to give out level-appropriate rewards.

Konig Des Todes.2086

Still no fix on chapter 7 rewards.

Sadness.

Dear ANet writers,

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

Still no fix on chapter 7 rewards.

Sadness.

Can you be more specific?

Konig Des Todes.2086

The rewards being only loot bags. Discussed in this thread several times.

For example: Shell Shock has 3 Bags of Loot as the reward, and nothing more. Every chapter 7 (greatest fear) story step sans Forging the Pact and Battle of Fort Trinity (aka every story step that was removed and restored) only gives 3 Bags of Loot as reward.

Dear ANet writers,

reapex.8546

Can you find a quote where he said that? To the best of my knowledge we’ve never had plans to make the Personal Story in the core game repeatable on a single character. The design was, as I understood it, to encourage replay of PS on alt characters.

This was early in 2015, during one of the many interviews Colin had I believe. So, I don’t remember nor can find it anymore. Too many interviews were made post HoT. However, its possible that the interview phrased the response wrong.

(edited by reapex.8546)

Posted by: Suicidal Hamster.4816

Suicidal Hamster.4816

Correct. Let us know if anything isn’t working in regards to this. Thanks!

VoD is still bugged. my wife is trying to finish her story line and she cant interact with the cannons. i’m putting this up because…. well, its better if i do it. (this is the 2nd story line that has crashed on her in a week)

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

VoD is still bugged. my wife is trying to finish her story line and she cant interact with the cannons. i’m putting this up because…. well, its better if i do it. (this is the 2nd story line that has crashed on her in a week)

Are you and your wife still experiencing issues with the cannon interactions in Victory or Death? This was fixed a while ago and shouldn’t be happening.

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

I just got level 70 Trackless Boots (rare) from Source of Orr .. that penultimate quest in the level 80 chapter!

(edited by Kraggy.4169)

Posted by: Suicidal Hamster.4816

Suicidal Hamster.4816

Are you and your wife still experiencing issues with the cannon interactions in Victory or Death? This was fixed a while ago and shouldn’t be happening.

yes, still bugged. this is the first time she has tried doing it since and i was in the party. she gets into the airship and nothing triggers at the cannons. she is quite frustrated at this point.

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

yes, still bugged. this is the first time she has tried doing it since and i was in the party. she gets into the airship and nothing triggers at the cannons. she is quite frustrated at this point.

I couldn’t reproduce this. Please message me if this is still blocking your progress. Thanks.

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

I just got bumped straight from “Forging the Pact” to “The Battle of Fort Trinity”.
Suspecting this has to do with joining others story instances.

Joined another’s “Light in the Darkness”, they chose a fear, I accepted credit.
They joined me in “Forging the Pact”, they accept credit, we’re both bumped straight past the fear storyline.
We noticed it when I joined them in “Battle of Fort Trinity” that Trehearne’s dialogue referenced things we hadn’t played.

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

I just got bumped straight from “Forging the Pact” to “The Battle of Fort Trinity”.
Suspecting this has to do with joining others story instances.

Hard to tell without knowing more details. PM me if you want to provide them.

Posted by: Xermaran Kos.7861

Xermaran Kos.7861

Hi, I just wanted to ask if there was anyway one of my characters can get the rewards associated with the Level 70 and Level 80 Personal Story Quest Chains. I logged in a while back and noticed that instead of being unable to start the Quest Chain at all, it had automatically completed in my story journal though I did not ever actually attempt or even do them. This also regretably means I got none of the rewards for doing the last 2 chains. Is there any way this issue can be fixed? Thanks

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

This also regretably means I got none of the rewards for doing the last 2 chains. Is there any way this issue can be fixed? Thanks

You’d have to contact customer support about that. We can’t reset your PS progress on that character to allow you to play that content once you’ve progressed past it.

Posted by: Xermaran Kos.7861

Xermaran Kos.7861

I see, thanks for the quick answer!

Posted by: Mudran.8105

Mudran.8105

I had problem with the last boss – mouth of Zaithan, where you should fight with gorillas. I know this is more about combat system, but when we can discuss the recent changes here – with a group I didn’t have problems, but solo, the gorillas around the object that I should destroy, have automatic stun with several skills and with no cd, they kept me on the ground untill I died. I had all skills interrupted and there was no way how to avoid this. I tried run away, but they run faster. I killed them in the end,but it was really annoying.

Posted by: Sonneilon.5601

Sonneilon.5601

A significant part of my storyline seems to have been skipped.

Following the Battle of Fort Trinity we, my friend and I who were completely the story together, were sent to confront a betrayer who was a disguised mesmer of Zhaitan. This betrayer while still in disguise and several minor characters who we interacted with referenced events that we did not take part in but our character’s were explicitly a part of, specifically the firing of some canon upon Vigil troops.

These were with new characters made earlier this year.

Previous

BobbyStein

A significant part of my storyline seems to have been skipped.

Following the Battle of Fort Trinity we, my friend and I who were completely the story together, were sent to confront a betrayer who was a disguised mesmer of Zhaitan. This betrayer while still in disguise and several minor characters who we interacted with referenced events that we did not take part in but our character’s were explicitly a part of, specifically the firing of some canon upon Vigil troops.

These were with new characters made earlier this year.

Did you do this Personal Story step?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shell_Shock

Posted by: Neurion.4086

Neurion.4086

Thank you so much for making the final step of Personal Story soloable!
Today I finished it on my alt, a Herald, it was really enjoyable and, considering I died twice, satisfactory. No more frustration in joining groups of strangers who don’t care about the story or new players with no previous experience.

Now, if you could also change the difficulty of dungeons in story mode so as to accommodate for 1-5 players, that would be marvelous!

P.S. The song at the end of the PS is the best reward EVER!!!

Posted by: aikatara.3462

aikatara.3462

A friend of mine and I just encountered some trouble with the “My greatest fear” storyline. Both of our characters were created this year. We played the personal storyline together. Sometimes my friend started the story, sometimes I did. Today we played “Forging the Pact” (my friend started it). Then the story skipped to the “Battle of Fort Trinity” , which I started. The orb and the mesmer were there and Trahearne talked about Apatia at the end. The next in our list to play now is “Liberating Apatia”. But we never played “Striking Off the Chains” nor “Wet Work” nor “Willing Captives / Intercepting the Orb” or any other “greatest fear” story parts. We had to consult the wiki to remember who Apatia actually is, since we could not remember it propperly. We both have played “A Light in the Darkness” together, but unfortunately I cannot remember who started the story and what we chose as our greatest fear.

I wonder what caused this. Is it because we switched in starting the story parts? It is very unfortunate because I was looking forward to play the “My greatest fear” storyline, and I have done so successfully since the restoration update. I really, really hope this was an exeption, but now I hesitate to play the story together with another person, because in the cases I successfully got the “My greatest fear”-story I played it alone. Both characters played the “Shell shocked” storyline, but I don’t know unfortunately if this because of my choice or because of the above mentioned bug, since the story journal does not say what greatest fear you chose.

I have another character who just started the “The battle of claw island”-chapter. I will pay close attention this time what I choose in “A light of darkness” and if I actually get what I chose. And I will play the story alone. I really, really hope I will get the full Apatia/Orb/Wet Work storyline this time, because I would love to play it again.

(edited by aikatara.3462)