Personal Story issues

Personal Story issues

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Before I express my concerns with this, I’d appreciate it if you guys don’t go all doomsayer and say that they will never revert this back.

Looking back at the changes in Personal Story, I thought the pacing was just fine as it was when compared to the changes made here. With the story chapters switched with what is now the focus of Trahearne’s cleansing of Orr for Chapter 7 and Chapter 8 focusing on the elimination of Zhaitan’s ilk and eventually him. One could argue that Trahearne and a select few of his troops are going ahead towards Orr to perform the cleansing rituals first before establishing Pact bases there. But in all honesty, I thought the original pacing was fine the way it was because of the exploration my character has to go through in order to reach the Cursed Shores.

As someone who was attracted to Guild Wars 2 because of the Personal Story feature it offered, I’d really appreciate it if you guys revert the quests back to their original order have Chapter 7 be about the Invasion of Orr and Chapter 8 be Orr’s Cleansing because the original story, despite it’s flaws, had less plotholes to deal with than how it’s currently presented here.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Personal Story issues

Posted by: MVP.7961

MVP.7961

Add it to https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/My-Greatest-Fear-Plotline/first#post4392378
This change still do not make any sense because the story was fine.

Personal Story issues

Posted by: Vyetta.3976

Vyetta.3976

Add it to https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/My-Greatest-Fear-Plotline/first#post4392378
This change still do not make any sense because the story was fine.

It’s not just the greatest fear though, both of those chapters are ruined entirely.

And a lot of people complained the Trahearne was getting too much attention, which was the defense of the change. But I’d gladly shove Trahearne back into the spotlight if that meant GETTING OUR STORY BACK

Anet keeps putting us on the backburner

Personal Story issues

Posted by: MVP.7961

MVP.7961

If they did this because of players complain that will be very stupid thing.
You get praise from the other characters all the time and Trahearne got it like once. If players spend two minutes talking to the NPCs after completing the mission you can see that in their dialogue.

Personal Story issues

Posted by: Vyetta.3976

Vyetta.3976

You get praise from the other characters all the time and Trahearne got it like once. If players spend two minutes talking to the NPCs after completing the mission you can see that in their dialogue.

I honestly wouldn’t know. I didn’t get the opportunity to finish the story before it was screwed up

Anet stole that from me

Personal Story issues

Malkavian.4516

Looking back at it though, I think I can see where they are going with this change. From what I have played so far, chapter 7 quests seem as if the Commander, Trahearne and a select few Pact soldiers are getting their feet wet in the Cursed Shore area as part of the cleansing of Orr and once it has been accomplished, the rest of the Pact can now jump in to invade Orr as it would, in theory minimize casualties.

I feel like retracting my earlier statement because of this, but I can’t because the problem lies with how the quests are presented as a result of this change, which I would think can be hotfixed through a patch or two. When I started “Gates of Corruption” I was practically teleported to that location and back as opposed to giving me the idea that I came from an airship that is supposed to take me there to begin with. Perhaps if the devs added in an airship asset to that existing instance, be it on the ground or in mid-air, it should tie things up really nicely.

For the second and last quest I tried but did not finish due to a technical bug that broke immersion for me, Romke’s Final Voyage, I was practically teleported into a cave where Romke is present. For that, I’d like you guys to take a look at this video I found on Youtube

It shows here that the quest is supposed to start outside of the cave where I speak to Romke’s spirit, and then he’ll point me to where I need to go. Why the heck did I begin this quest inside a cave already? Am I in an airship or am I in a floating Asura gate that’s shaped like an airship?

Bottom line is this, if you are going to adjust the story, at least make the major revisions (by that I mean additions in game assets) necessary to make it seem just as sensible story-wise rather than lazily switching out episodes in a different order like books in a shelf.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

(edited by Malkavian.4516)

Personal Story issues

Malkavian.4516

I know, right? Personally, it’s almost as if some of them are just jumping on the Trahearne hate bandwagon without a clear understanding as to why he’s a good character. Granted, he is not a great character in my eyes, but he isn’t terrible by any means.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Personal Story issues

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I know, right? Personally, it’s almost as if some of them are just jumping on the Trahearne hate bandwagon without a clear understanding as to why he’s a good character. Granted, he is not a great character in my eyes, but he isn’t terrible by any means.

I always felt Trahearne got too much hate and I never felt that he was stealing my thunder. However, as a point of interest, I made a poll a while back on reddit, asking about people’s feeling’s about Trahearne and what race you first did the story on.

It seems very likely that those who started the Sylvari story are more accepting of Trahearne than those who started other races.

Personal Story issues

Posted by: Draaq Cz.9642

Draaq Cz.9642

Well I am unable to reclaim rewards for already finished story like Toy Tank and many others. I have 7 toons at lvl 80. Some of them completely finished different personal stories = different rewards. All lost.
This is big letdown.