Pet AI issues-need fixing badly

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Some of these issues have been there ever since i can remember, but it’s totally ridiculous they are still here this far into the game. Please, for the love of god, do something to fix these pet AI issues, they’re extremely bothersome and ruin gameplay whenever they occur.

Ranger underwater pets, do not attack Orrian fish or urchins. They will stay in their poison getting hit till they die, completely ignoring them. Yet above water, the pets will attack the Orrian fish, so this problem seems to be reserved for underwater. I sometimes use same pet for underwater and land, such as reef drake, and its weird to see him ignore Orrian fish underwater, yet fight it on land. There are also many environmental objects that pets won’t attack.

I don’t think i need to mention how badly necro minions are broken, in particular flesh golem and shade. This has been going on at least since April last year and nothing has changed. I even swapped one of the minion related traits as some ppl suggested in the past that it supposed to help, but although at first it seemed to work, its back to square one and the minions still stand there while ur getting smashed. I generally praise and defend this game 99% of the time, but this is really shameful in my eyes and needs to be addressed as soon as possible.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

AI followers are the most useless things in this game. Quite a shame they’re a cornerstone of Ranger play. I really hope it’s being looked at.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I agree, and really don’t understand the problem. I mean, monsters have no difficulty identifying and attacking our characters, so why can’t our pets/minions simply attack whatever we attack?

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I stopped using a minion master build because the stupid doofs just stare at me while I get attacked. Turns out, I find double-dagger much more interesting.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

I don’t mean to derail the thread or anything, but since I started my ranger a couple of weeks ago I haven’t noticed any issues at all in my pet’s AI. The pathing is a bit off, sure, but my pet does exactly what I tell it to do, when I tell it to do it. Are there any videos or red posts on this issue so I can check it out?

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

This has been an issue(especially with Rangers)since release. If they haven’t fixed Pet AI and pathing by now, I don’t think they ever will.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I don’t mean to derail the thread or anything, but since I started my ranger a couple of weeks ago I haven’t noticed any issues at all in my pet’s AI. The pathing is a bit off, sure, but my pet does exactly what I tell it to do, when I tell it to do it. Are there any videos or red posts on this issue so I can check it out?

The complaints are valid (the bugs exist), but some players over exaggerate just how much of an issue they are. Do the issues need to be fixed? Sure, but “badly” is a misrepresentation of just how important the issue is.

Generally fixing Pet AI so they don’t stand in red circles (no matter if they are attacking or not) would fix 80% of Pet issues.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Honestly, pet AI is generally alright; some things could use a tweak or two, though. Minion AI, however, is a hot mess.

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

The complaints are valid (the bugs exist), but some players over exaggerate just how much of an issue they are. Do the issues need to be fixed? Sure, but “badly” is a misrepresentation of just how important the issue is.

Generally fixing Pet AI so they don’t stand in red circles (no matter if they are attacking or not) would fix 80% of Pet issues.

So you think a pet that’s not attacking your target despite being commanded to is acceptable and not a big big deal? I guess u don’t play ranger or necro, or haven’t faced those issues so it’s not a problem for you and therefore in your opinion it doesn’t need fixing?

Considering pet classes have half their abilities in pets and pets not attacking certain targets is a major issue in my book and needs addressing asap. The fact that it’s been neglected for so long is shameful. We rangers and necros deserve a medal for having put up with this for so long. Or at least, we deserve some respect from fellow players and not have them belittling this matter by suggesting we are exaggerating the problem.