Pet Memorial

Pet Memorial

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Steele.8230

Steele.8230

Hey just an idea that I think would touch many players. My golden retriever passed away 1 month ago. Harley was a fantastic dog, buddy, and like a child to my wife (who is also a player. When talking about it to my guild many members have had great pets and are still grieving for them. We checked to see if we could create a memorial in our guild hall for the pets but nothing like a statue or a plaque was available. So just asking, I know you guys are busier then bees, but would it be difficult to create a statue that we could raise in our guild halls that shows someone on one knee with a hand on a feline on one side and a hand on a canine on the other. Like I said I think this might go over big with a lot of players. So many have lost beloved pets that it would be a real jerk on the heart to be able to put one up in our guild halls. Love you guys for all your work. Thanks!

Pet Memorial

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

This should be put into the game discussion subforum, not the API Development subforum. I dont think Lawton can do much to help you with this.

Pet Memorial

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Yeah people have been asking for memorial/Special mention plaques since guild halls where announced.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Pet Memorial

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It is possible to create something that looks like a grave or a memorial in a guild hall. Here’s an example from one of my guilds.

It’s a lot more generic than what you suggested and there’s no way to show what it’s actually for, but it’s something at least and particularly in small or close knit guilds you could also hold a ceremony with everyone in attendance so they’d know the reason for it.

Attachments:

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Pet Memorial

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I think a memorial decoration / option is a neat idea, but as we don’t have a memorial for people yet, perhaps it should be generic, or at least have a people version first.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Pet Memorial

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’d rather they gave us the tools to make individual memorials than a large, generic statue of All Pets that is plopped down somewhere in a guild hall as a token “here you go, here’s your memorial” or used in some guild halls as another piece of a jumping puzzle or in the PvP arena as part of another structure, or used to “amusingly” put a large erect male appendage on the man and huge boobs on the woman by using other crafted items.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Pet Memorial

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Even though I’m not in a guild, I support this idea. It should definitely happen not only for the pets we’ve lost, but also for the people.

Gone to Reddit.

Pet Memorial

Posted by: ElectricGoat.8253

ElectricGoat.8253

I agree that we need a way to have a memorial for our lost loved ones in our lives. An option to light the candles, and a button we can press [F] to pay respect.

Pet Memorial

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Danikat, I really like that little memorial. What is the name of the little headstone decoration? I have not exactly been zooming my scribe along so I don’t recognize it. I’m sure it’s “small upright pillar” or something like that.