Pet Peeves with the game so far (Feedback)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

I’ve only recently started to play GW2, for the past 3 weeks or so. In that time I’ve thouroughly enjoyed the game up to the point of now having to get gear at lv80.

Firstly, I think that it is absolutely rediculous the sheer cost of crafting something and the difficulty in obtaining the materials required. I’m not talking about farming materials, which simply requires effort, I’m talking about vendor materials! I require 30 “Obsidian Shards” to craft a single item. I do not wish to waste skill points or laurels, which I need for other gear, but cannot purchase these with my 200k Karma! This is because the vendor requires you to put together a massive group, mess about pointlessly for ages to retake the Temple of Balthazar, then you can get what you need. That is completely rediculous! Just put the NPC in a camp somewhere, done. People do not want to screw about for hours just to purchase something.

Secondly, I am fed up of being on the floor dying from a single hit from any mob, boss or event in the world! I got to lv80 so I could avoid that but find myself fighting for my life every step of the way. Furthermore, when you’re in danger you run FASTER not slower! Duh. I want to be able to walk through a zone without being slowed, stunned, knocked back and killed because I cannot out-run mobs and I do not want to have to kill the entire map to get two ore nodes in the distance!

Thirdly, respawn timers are way, WAY too quick! You spend 10-15mins cleaning all the mobs so you don’t die only to find they respawn like 40seconds later!

Lastly, why is my character so weak?! I have a Ranger with a DPS build who only has 16k hp and no defence at all. This means anything and everything rips my face off at the first touch. Because there are no healers or defensive abilities (bar one) I am on the floor dying all the time. In my 3 weeks of playing I have died over 200 times now. It is getting tedious. Why should a DPS class be forced to stack ‘Tank’ stats just to nerf their DPS to the groun so they can survive more than a single hit?

Posted by: Lilius.9850

Lilius.9850

I’ve only recently started to play GW2, for the past 3 weeks or so. In that time I’ve thouroughly enjoyed the game up to the point of now having to get gear at lv80.

1)
Firstly, I think that it is absolutely rediculous the sheer cost of crafting something and the difficulty in obtaining the materials required. I’m not talking about farming materials, which simply requires effort, I’m talking about vendor materials! I require 30 “Obsidian Shards” to craft a single item. I do not wish to waste skill points or laurels, which I need for other gear, but cannot purchase these with my 200k Karma! This is because the vendor requires you to put together a massive group, mess about pointlessly for ages to retake the Temple of Balthazar, then you can get what you need. That is completely rediculous! Just put the NPC in a camp somewhere, done. People do not want to screw about for hours just to purchase something.

2)
Secondly, I am fed up of being on the floor dying from a single hit from any mob, boss or event in the world! I got to lv80 so I could avoid that but find myself fighting for my life every step of the way. Furthermore, when you’re in danger you run FASTER not slower! Duh. I want to be able to walk through a zone without being slowed, stunned, knocked back and killed because I cannot out-run mobs and I do not want to have to kill the entire map to get two ore nodes in the distance!

3)
Thirdly, respawn timers are way, WAY too quick! You spend 10-15mins cleaning all the mobs so you don’t die only to find they respawn like 40seconds later!

4)
Lastly, why is my character so weak?! I have a Ranger with a DPS build who only has 16k hp and no defence at all. This means anything and everything rips my face off at the first touch. Because there are no healers or defensive abilities (bar one) I am on the floor dying all the time. In my 3 weeks of playing I have died over 200 times now. It is getting tedious. Why should a DPS class be forced to stack ‘Tank’ stats just to nerf their DPS to the groun so they can survive more than a single hit?

ANSWERS————
1) That’s why we have organized temple zerg that clears out these temples every DAY on most servers

also, you can google gw2 temples to see which temples are open, and you can guest to them to get the shards

btw, “rediculous” is spelt ridiculous

2) Get stability/ condition removal utilities

3) Dunno why you’d be clearing out mobs in anyzone, they’re supposed to respawn back.

4) Learn how to dodge. Its not our fault you go full zerk and die because all you rangers do is plink away with your longbows at medium range and expect not to get hit by mobs. Also, troll urgent is the best healing utility for ranger

5) chill out a bit. You’re raging too much because you don’t know how to play the game, it’s not the game’s fault

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

you need to relax a bit.
Congrats on hitting 80.
Now is the time to learn the ins and outs of your class.
You might want to up your defensive capabilities a bit until you are better at damage mitigation and evasion.

Look at this guide here- it explains the combat system, then you can see how to make the best of your skills and capabitilties

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/GW2-Combat-system-101-Guide

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Kirkkis.8270

Kirkkis.8270

Sorry your having so many issues. Maybe I can help clear a thing or two? Like the poster above me mentioned, make sure you are dodging to avoid being hit. Unlike most/some MMO’s, your character does not have it’s own dodge/parry stat and thus it depends completely on you to avoid being hit. You can do this in many ways.
1. Spike Trap is a cripple that can help give some distance.
2. Lightning Reflexes will allow you to roll back and away quickly.
3. Frost Trap will chill your foes and slow down their movement.
4. Entagle is an AoE elite skill that will root your opponents for a long period of time or until they destroy the root. It gives you a good opportunity to use other AoE skills to bring down multiple foes at once.
4. Muddy Terrain is a cripple and immobilize.

Rangers have a lot of weapon abilities that help you kick back, stun, root, and interrupt mobs. Off the top of my head:

1. Shortbow has an evasive retreat, a cripple, and a daze.
2. Longbows have a push back, an AoE cripple and a stealth shot to get you out of tight spots and help give some aggro back to your pet.
3. Swords and daggers have multiple evasive abilities and a cripple on dagger.
4. Axes have a chill to slow them down.
5. Greatswords have a block and a stun.

Some things that can hep your survivability:

1. Signet of Renewal, Signet of Stone, Signet of the Wild.

All this depends on your play style to determine what may be more useful to you. I would suggest redoing your Traits. While I understand you want to do massive damage, you can redo your traits to balance out your damage and survivability to your liking. Such as making it a beast mastery type build or a condition build. Remember to read every option you have for every trait line. There’s a lot of useful stuff that you can cleverly spread out to make it work for you. Such as Natural Vigor in the Wilderness Survival line. It increases endurance regeneration which allows you to roll more often.

I have a ranger myself and is very easy to solo and farm materials with it. Remember you have an extra player with you (your pet) so do some research on each pets abilities. Every one is different! So you can find something that works best for you. Keep track of your pet and control it. If you do not rotate your pet or let it die you have cut your own DPS by a fraction of what you could do, not to mention you won’t have anything to reset on.

I hope this helped a bit.