Pets' name

Pets' name

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aline Castro.9820

Aline Castro.9820

Could it be possible to allow using non-alphabetic characters on our pets’ names? I can understand not allowing users to do this (it would make whispering difficult, etc.), but I fail to see an issue with pets.

I have a white wolf whose name is Haku and I pretty much would love to write it like this ?.

“Aww yeah!? Bart c’mere. You c’mere. Aww yeah!?”
Aline Josephly (Ranger) / Aline de Gonzalez (Warrior) / Leah Gonzalez (Mesmer)

Pets' name

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Could it be possible to allow using non-alphabetic characters on our pets’ names? I can understand not allowing users to do this (it would make whispering difficult, etc.), but I fail to see an issue with pets.

I have a white wolf whose name is Haku and I pretty much would love to write it like this ?.

I can only see a question mark " ? " in your post, so I think that would explain why you can’t have non-alphabetic characters in names.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Pets' name

Aline Castro.9820

Guess they’re using UTC8 enconding. Well, too bad then.

Pets' name

Posted by: Eggman.1405

Eggman.1405

If they were going to change anything with pets’ names, it would be nice if they persisted once a named animal goes back into your pet bank. I stopped giving my pets interesting names once I saw that functionality.

Pets' name

Aline Castro.9820

If they were going to change anything with pets’ names, it would be nice if they persisted once a named animal goes back into your pet bank. I stopped giving my pets interesting names once I saw that functionality.

This. I hate that I have to rename pets if I change them =(.

Pets' name

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Yeah, don’t bother naming your pets as it is a useless function. Every time you stash them it gets wiped.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Pets' name

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I would love to traipse around the world with my Boar, “Andouille” but sadly, his F1 skill simply sucks…..pig stays in the barn.

The loss of names when changing is also on the “sucky” list…..

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Pets' name

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

Agreed. I would be very happy if they changed this.

Pets' name

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Yeah, don’t bother naming your pets as it is a useless function. Every time you stash them it gets wiped.

Personally I’m loyal to my pets and keep the same two as they are both loyal to my ranger! :p

But you’re right, if the names didn’t get wiped, I would probably use more than two

*Edit – corrected too to two on line two.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Pets' name

Posted by: bob.5680

bob.5680

Yep, naming your pets is a PITA in this game (I don’t remember it being this way in GW1). I want to name the critter, not the slot he winds up in!

Pets' name

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Personally I’m loyal to my pets and keep the same two as they are both loyal to my ranger! :p

But you’re right, if the names didn’t get wiped, I would probably use more than two

*Edit – corrected too to two on line two.

I’m with you on this but I still wouldn’t change them out. They jut get so comfortable.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?