Phoenix Trident Skin?

Phoenix Trident Skin?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Istyar.8209

Istyar.8209

Why is there no Phoenix Trident Skin (along with other aquatic weapons)? This is true of other weapon style skins. It makes no sense since many players of GW2 spend a lot of time creating a certain look for their characters. Plus devs have made this a big part of the game. How about a reply devs?

Phoenix Trident Skin?

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

So far, I’ve been keepin’ chill not complaining about the lack of underwater skins. I found it most upsetting for Dragon’s Jade, the most beautiful weapon skin set I’ve ever seen. I love Guild War 2’s underwater combat, I’ve never experienced anything like it.

What’s most confusing is that adding underwater skins would not upset players (assuming what I’ve heard, that underwater combat is unpopular, is true), since acquiring the skin isn’t a part of some random pool. I also would like a developer answer about this: other than very few people enjoying the design, why neglect the underwater fans, what am I missing?

Phoenix Trident Skin?

Posted by: Kitarpa.8143

Kitarpa.8143

I don’t get why they even bothered with this “Ooooooooo neat underwater combat!” function of the game if they were just going to neglect it tbh.

Phoenix Trident Skin?

Posted by: Istyar.8209

Istyar.8209

What I have also noticed is that the trident is identical to the staff of many weapon styles. As an Elementalist whose main weapon is the staff, I am perfectly fine wielding a trident that looks exactly same. So, why did the devs find it difficult to continue this trend with several of the weapon skins?

Phoenix Trident Skin?

Boneheart.3561

I don’t get why they even bothered with this “Ooooooooo neat underwater combat!” function of the game if they were just going to neglect it tbh.

Part of how I suppressed my disappointment was with the fantasy/potential of an underwater zone (largos, maybe, but that would be quite some time from now). I don’t think it necessarily needs a dungeon, but it would be neat to see a reverse Honor of the Waves. Definitely a mini-dungeon and jumping puzzle, though.

Phoenix Trident Skin?

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

There is an underwater dragon so underwater combat or a mostly underwater zone has a chance. The thing is, with the rate content is coming out there will probably be Guild Wars 3 before we got that far. I mean you think we would kill like a dragon a year with six dragons, so six years (which is a healthy lifespan for any game). So far we killed only 1 and have barely touched at a second and its been 2 years.

Phoenix Trident Skin?

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

there is underwater combat, wut?!

R.I.P Kumu <3

Phoenix Trident Skin?

Boneheart.3561

There is an underwater dragon so underwater combat or a mostly underwater zone has a chance. The thing is, with the rate content is coming out there will probably be Guild Wars 3 before we got that far. I mean you think we would kill like a dragon a year with six dragons, so six years (which is a healthy lifespan for any game). So far we killed only 1 and have barely touched at a second and its been 2 years.

I haven’t thought anything. You let ArenaNet worry about the distribution of Elder Dragon whoopings. Where is the suspense in a specific countdown.

Phoenix Trident Skin?

Boneheart.3561

Does not answering this somehow tie into some future plans they have for underwater? Maybe should’ve made the thread Q/A.

Phoenix Trident Skin?

Boneheart.3561

This is kinda becoming upsetting, since I just looked back at the April patch and saw that underwater PvP is a ghost. I had somehow hoped Raid on the Capricorn’s removal was temporary.

Phoenix Trident Skin?

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

This is kinda becoming upsetting, since I just looked back at the April patch and saw that underwater PvP is a ghost. I had somehow hoped Raid on the Capricorn’s removal was temporary.

I think they want to get rid of underwater combat entirely – at least in PvP.

They have continously removed underwater elements of the game: Raid on the Capricorn, Temple of the Silent Storm, and the big lake in the WvW Borderlands.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Phoenix Trident Skin?

Boneheart.3561

I think they want to get rid of underwater combat entirely – at least in PvP.

They have continously removed underwater elements of the game: Raid on the Capricorn, Temple of the Silent Storm, and the big lake in the WvW Borderlands.

Definitely in PvP. The April patch notes suggest that underwater combat is difficult to manage for developers and players. It angers and saddens me that it seems they chose the easy way and hardly anyone is disturbed by this.

What would keep them from eliminating PvE underwater; suddenly the Underwater Dragon absorbed most bodies of water or Primordus evaporates it.

Phoenix Trident Skin?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The conclusion I came to was that any forthcoming zones simply wont have any underwater content associated with them. Maguuma looks to be pretty arid and dry, so there is a high chance of no lakes or rivers etc. They may have thought of the crystal desert beyond that, which also will have no water areas.

They simply may not be wasting artwork development time on them, which even if true, would still be a big shame.

Phoenix Trident Skin?

Boneheart.3561

The conclusion I came to was that any forthcoming zones simply wont have any underwater content associated with them. Maguuma looks to be pretty arid and dry, so there is a high chance of no lakes or rivers etc. They may have thought of the crystal desert beyond that, which also will have no water areas.

They simply may not be wasting artwork development time on them, which even if true, would still be a big shame.

Crystal Desert’s suppose to have some water, though, thanks to Palawa Joko. He cut off water to the rest of Elona and now the Desert is lush with plant life.

But yes, future content lacking underwater sounds plausible. Until we reach the Underwater Dragon..

Phoenix Trident Skin?

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

It’s pretty simple : the player base seems (key word) to hate underwater combat.

How many times did you get in a HotW group to find out that 3 players didn’t have an exotic underwater weapon ? Or an under level 10 breathing apparatus ?
Sometime it’s because they neglected upgrading it (for the rare times it’s useful) but a lot of the time it’s because they simply hate underwater fights.

And it’s no wonder why : look at the fights we’re given. HotW p2 and p3 bosses might be the dullest dungeon bosses in all of the game. Even Tazza is less boring.

Then there’s the fact that a lot of utility skills can only be used on land, forcing players to choose other skills instead of giving us water-only skills with similar effects.

I’m convinced that this is why we aren’t ever getting news of the DSD : Anet seems to think their players hate underwater fights.

Phoenix Trident Skin?

Boneheart.3561

It’s pretty simple : the player base seems (key word) to hate underwater combat.

How many times did you get in a HotW group to find out that 3 players didn’t have an exotic underwater weapon ? Or an under level 10 breathing apparatus ?
Sometime it’s because they neglected upgrading it (for the rare times it’s useful) but a lot of the time it’s because they simply hate underwater fights.

And it’s no wonder why : look at the fights we’re given. HotW p2 and p3 bosses might be the dullest dungeon bosses in all of the game. Even Tazza is less boring.

Then there’s the fact that a lot of utility skills can only be used on land, forcing players to choose other skills instead of giving us water-only skills with similar effects.

I’m convinced that this is why we aren’t ever getting news of the DSD : Anet seems to think their players hate underwater fights.

I wouldn’t know about other’s equipment, we usually destroy enemies underwater without issue. Unless my team decides skipping (shudder) is better.

I find the Plunderer and Zealot quite fun. I haven’t been in a group that doesn’t exploit Tazza’s line of sight, which is boring.

Underwater needs more skills, yes.

Phoenix Trident Skin?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Anet declared underwater combat a failure about 6 months ago. They are systematically removing water from the game via the living story and other updates.

6 months ago they removed 90% of water from WvW

2 months ago they removed 100% of water from PvP

The new maps introduced via living world will be desert and jungle, lacking any water.

Eventually they will remove the rest of the water from the game, but it will take a while. In the mean time they have stopped making all underwater weapon skins until they can safely remove the rest of water combat from the game.

Phoenix Trident Skin?

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

What’s an underwater content?

JK. It’s pretty sad underwater stuff is constantly neglected. I’m sure Anet will get round to it one day – probably in a couple years :-/

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Phoenix Trident Skin?

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

IIRC, supposedly the CD is now a paradise when it comes to it’s environment.

At least in the portions that Joko rules over, I’m sure the dragon owned parts are less so.