Phospholuminescent Infusion 5000g?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i say good luck to the seller.

i bought one with condi stats, tried it on, and immediately not liking the aura. converted it to power stats, and sold it to recoup my gold with some tiny profit.

others might like it though.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It wouldn’t be selling at that price if there weren’t buyers eagerly snapping it up.

Other than that, what’s the point to your post? You bought one, didn’t like it and sold it for more than you paid for it.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

His point is clear. Hé wants to wish the phospholuminescent sellers Goodluck.
No one cares but hey, it comes from a good heart I guess xD

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Just a flesh wound.3589

Since he sold his at a profit with no problem I doubt they need the Goodluck. GW2TP says 17 sold in 24 hours, which is pretty good for something with such low supply.

Phospholuminescent

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Since he sold his at a profit with no problem I doubt they need the Goodluck. GW2TP says 17 sold in 24 hours, which is pretty good for something with such low supply.

Phospholuminescent

Look at the prices listed though. The first two seem reasonable: sell offers at 2,000g and buy at 1,501g and then sell at 1,642g and buy at 1,400g.

But the last 4 all have sell offers at 5,000g and highest buy offers ranging from 1,300g to just 20g. Meaning the seller is asking for thousands of gold more than buyers have said they’re willing to pay. And the fact that they’re still listed means no one has bought it, so it’s not as simply as ‘if they’re listed at that price it means someone is willing to pay it’.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Just a flesh wound.3589

Phospholuminescent

Look at the prices listed though. The first two seem reasonable: sell offers at 2,000g and buy at 1,501g and then sell at 1,642g and buy at 1,400g.

But the last 4 all have sell offers at 5,000g and highest buy offers ranging from 1,300g to just 20g. Meaning the seller is asking for thousands of gold more than buyers have said they’re willing to pay. And the fact that they’re still listed means no one has bought it, so it’s not as simply as ‘if they’re listed at that price it means someone is willing to pay it’.

That’s true. Looks like there’s only one at 5000 for each for a total of 4. Those, however, made have been put there in hopes of a sale later when supply drops and prices rise as fewer ToT bags are opened. An investment later in other words, even if it takes months. That’s how many TP people make so much gold. They list high on items such as these vanity cosmetics and wait for the market to spike to that level.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Yakubyogami.7586

Yakubyogami.7586

It wouldn’t be selling at that price if there weren’t buyers eagerly snapping it up

It seems you may be a bit new to economics, so I’ll provide a bit of an education on it: When a product is selling, it ceases to be on the market. When a product remains on the market, it has ceased to sell.

This means that if you see an item on the market, there is an oversupply or it is overpriced. Those overpricing these items either fail to understand basic supply/demand rules, are hoping someone is desperate/stupid or have simply added an extra 0.

So, in short, it ISN’T selling. Your point is invalid.

Just a flesh wound.3589

It wouldn’t be selling at that price if there weren’t buyers eagerly snapping it up

It seems you may be a bit new to economics, so I’ll provide a bit of an education on it: When a product is selling, it ceases to be on the market. When a product remains on the market, it has ceased to sell.

This means that if you see an item on the market, there is an oversupply or it is overpriced. Those overpricing these items either fail to understand basic supply/demand rules, are hoping someone is desperate/stupid or have simply added an extra 0.

So, in short, it ISN’T selling. Your point is invalid.

Read my next post. It looks like they are there to (hopefully) catch the price spike as supply drops and prices rise. It’s a reasonable supposition. Chak egg sacs sell at 10k gold and Queen Bee sells at 2200 so it looks like one flipper is hoping it hits 5k.

Edit: people should really read through the thread to see how the conversation goes before responding to a post from hours before.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

That’s true. Looks like there’s only one at 5000 for each for a total of 4. Those, however, made have been put there in hopes of a sale later when supply drops and prices rise as fewer ToT bags are opened. An investment later in other words, even if it takes months. That’s how many TP people make so much gold. They list high on items such as these vanity cosmetics and wait for the market to spike to that level.

Read my next post. It looks like they are there to (hopefully) catch the price spike as supply drops and prices rise. It’s a reasonable supposition. Chak egg sacs sell at 10k gold and Queen Bee sells at 2200 so it looks like one flipper is hoping it hits 5k.

As the lister of the 5000g infusions, I can tell you that this is what happened.
I expect these will eventually be worth that much (probably 6+ months), figured I might as well list them now in case someone REALLY wants a precision one and buys it.
Before I listed those, there were no buy orders or sell listings on them at all.
http://imgur.com/a/XqiZo
wish me luck!

(edited by Mystic.5934)

Posted by: Black Iris Flowers.3418

Black Iris Flowers.3418

As the lister of the 5000g infusions, I can tell you that this is what happened.
I expect these will eventually be worth that much (probably 6+ months), figured I might as well list them now in case someone REALLY wants a precision one and buys it.
Before I listed those, there were no buy orders or sell listings on them at all.
wish me luck!

Don’t mind me, just trying to fathom having enough gold to even pay the listing fee

I’m not the best economist

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

wish me luck!

Well, good luck to you. If there wasnt a MF recipe to change the stats for around 30g, I would call that a good investment. I wont put it past some consumers to snatch one of your listings up because they dont know about the stat change recipe but you need to be extremely lucky for that to happen. As the power and precision infusions are still traded between 1-2k gold, it would mean that they would need to sell out first as well.

As T&T bag supply out of season is pretty low since they nerfed Maize Balm farm last year, you might actually be lucky to sell one listing before next years Halloween festival.

But considering that you can even reverse the binding of these infusions and sell them again, makes me wonder, if this was a wise move.
Sure, new supply would be limited within the next 11 months but it means that you not only have to consider existing supply on the tp as competition but also any infusions that are used by players atm.
I guess you would need two sales at 5k to cover fees, taxes and your intial investment.
I actually think you might sell one of your listings with pure luck but two is a bit optimistic.
But what do I know about the economy…………

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

yeah, I know, I’m predicting that the price of all of them will go up eventually, being able to change stats just allows changing to the one who is currently selling the highest (I’m guessing at least 90% of players have no idea about the forge recipes, but, most players would at least look that item up on the wiki before buying it, so mehh)
it’s certainly a long shot investment.
lol awwww someone undercut my precision one. 2999g1s2c :P

(edited by Mystic.5934)

Wanze.8410

yeah, I know, I’m predicting that the price of all of them will go up eventually, being able to change stats just allows changing to the one who is currently selling the highest (I’m guessing at least 90% of players have no idea about the forge recipes, but, most players would at least look that item up on the wiki before buying it, so mehh)
it’s certainly a long shot investment.
lol awwww someone undercut my precision one. 2999g1s2c :P

I wouldnt be too concerned about the fact that the stats can be changed, the biggest problem is that the changing of the stats unbinds them again. So even if people are using theirs now, it doesnt get destroyed and can be put back into the market.

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

The economy for this game is broken

People place items on the TP to what they desire at first and people buy it however there is no time limit to how long an item can be on the shop.

Some people put this infusion in the TP for an over the top amount and some people undercut them and put it in at a cheaper amount. Obviously the cheaper ones sold and with each sell the price would double and triple to the next infusion on the market. The issue is the horrible RNG in this game keeping incoming supply to a trickle it may take awhile for new items to be found and when they go to the TP to sell they will see the highest price people weren’t willing to pay. This 5000g and they will think this is the normal price and also place their own item at that average whether it sells or not doesn’t matter because both these new items priced at 5000g and the old items at 5000g that no one wanted to buy will remain on the TP forever since their is no auction timer. This is the worst Auction house I’ve ever seen and it’s only because it lacks an auction timer.

Worst yet Anet is fine with the constant drum beat shooting higher to the sky and the lack of an auction timer because people will buy real gems to convert to gold to buy these crazy expensive items. An auction timer is a gold sink because you still have to pay gold to put up an item even if it doesn’t sell which forces you to rethink the price cut it down and repost the item. It removes some gold from the economy, lowers the overall price of Auction Hall items, and allows the supply and demand to flow naturally and effect prices to greater results.

But as stated Arenanet only cares that you pull out your credit card and buy gems to convert to gold in order to complete your inflated purchases.

Wanze.8410

People place items on the TP to what they desire at first and people buy it however there is no time limit to how long an item can be on the shop.

Some people put this infusion in the TP for an over the top amount and some people undercut them and put it in at a cheaper amount. Obviously the cheaper ones sold and with each sell the price would double and triple to the next infusion on the market. The issue is the horrible RNG in this game keeping incoming supply to a trickle it may take awhile for new items to be found and when they go to the TP to sell they will see the highest price people weren’t willing to pay. This 5000g and they will think this is the normal price and also place their own item at that average whether it sells or not doesn’t matter because both these new items priced at 5000g and the old items at 5000g that no one wanted to buy will remain on the TP forever since their is no auction timer. This is the worst Auction house I’ve ever seen and it’s only because it lacks an auction timer.

Worst yet Anet is fine with the constant drum beat shooting higher to the sky and the lack of an auction timer because people will buy real gems to convert to gold to buy these crazy expensive items. An auction timer is a gold sink because you still have to pay gold to put up an item even if it doesn’t sell which forces you to rethink the price cut it down and repost the item. It removes some gold from the economy, lowers the overall price of Auction Hall items, and allows the supply and demand to flow naturally and effect prices to greater results.

But as stated Arenanet only cares that you pull out your credit card and buy gems to convert to gold in order to complete your inflated purchases.

You: The Trading Post is a bad Auction House.
Anet: Because the Trading Post isnt an Auction House.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

The infusion isn’t binded even if you use it Wanze so there’s no need to stat change to unbind it. You just need the extractor from Fractals for 24 silver to pull it out.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

What does it look like?

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

What does it look like?

Dulfy has a picture of it. Its a green glow around the char.

http://dulfy.net/2016/10/18/gw2-halloween-2016-festival-guide/

(edited by Chad.6104)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

On the contrary, the economy for this game is extremely efficient:

• Everyone has access to the same information about how many of each item people are willing to sell or buy.
  • Everyone has access to the same fundamental pricing information and estimated drop rates.
  • Anyone who wants to buy nearly any item has access to as many as they want, if they are willing to pay market prices; anyone wanting to sell can get rid of as many as they want (if they are willing to accept market prices).
  • The game has one of the most efficient gold sinks, preventing the per-person gold supply from growing too quickly.

In short, the economy works.

As individuals, we might dislike the high prices (or low prices) for certain items, but frustration with costs isn’t evidence of a problem with the economy.

There’s no evidence of that. On the contrary, tons of people have categorically rejected the idea that they will ever buy gems.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”