Phospholuminescent Infusion--Halloween

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mamma il Dio.2074

Mamma il Dio.2074

Hello, I just spent litterlly 10 hours nostop opening an insane amount of ToT bags, about 60k bags or more considering the others opened in the previous days and of course I didn’t see the Phospholuminescent Infusion, did you lower the drop rate or what? It’s not fun at all, as the first day after 2 hours there were already 3 Infusions at TP. For me this is totally insane, i was really hoping to get it if i opened so many bags but nothing…I’m very disappointed

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

Only 3 on the trading post after 2 hours is a pretty good clue that the drop rate is very low when you think of all the ToT bags that had been opened by all the players since the holiday started. It’s not just bags from this year. People have bags from last year saved up or bought from the trading post that they open to get this years items.

(edited by Bruno.3812)

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Wait. Are you talking about the amulet with the infusion from a ToT bag? I got one last night, said, “Oh that’s nice.” It’s account bound, so I figured I had time to decide which toon got it. So I can extract the infusion and make a ton of gold? How do I extract it, just a BL salvage kit?

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

welcome to RNG u can open 500k bags still might not get 1 while ur buddy can just open 1 bag and get it.

DeanBB.4268

I’m sure I’ve opened less than 200 ToT bags. But hey, this is the first true shiny I’ve gotten in four years!

Posted by: Bee.7081

Bee.7081

Are you sure you aren’t talking about the Oontz’s necklace which contains an upgrade, not an infusion?

The OP is talking about the infusion, which worths around 2k gold on TP, meanwhile the upgrades from the neclace are under 100gold.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Hello, I just spent litterlly 10 hours nostop opening an insane amount of ToT bags, about 60k bags or more considering the others opened in the previous days and of course I didn’t see the Phospholuminescent Infusion, did you lower the drop rate or what? It’s not fun at all, as the first day after 2 hours there were already 3 Infusions at TP. For me this is totally insane, i was really hoping to get it if i opened so many bags but nothing…I’m very disappointed

They didn’t have to lower the rate for you not to get it after all that. Its just normal RNG. RNG = brand new player can pull something extremely rare on first try. RNG = vet from day 1 could never get that same thing no matter how hard they try.

(As Taxidriver apparently already said lol)

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

So, if I understand you right you opened 60k bags, which currently go for over 5s ea on the TP… round down to 5s, that means those bags could sell for somewhere around 3k gold…. to buy the infusion on the TP, it’s just north of 2.1k gold. So you could have gotten the infusion, liquid gold just under 1k, and avoided future carpel tunnel surgery if you had just sold the bags instead.

~EW

DeanBB.4268

Yes, I believe it is a necklace. Again, saw it pop from the ToT bag, saw it was account bound, so moved it to a safe bag to decide upon later. So that is a “poly-whatever” which is different than what the OP is hoping for, I take it?

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Yes, I believe it is a necklace. Again, saw it pop from the ToT bag, saw it was account bound, so moved it to a safe bag to decide upon later. So that is a “poly-whatever” which is different than what the OP is hoping for, I take it?

Yes, the infusion is a straight drop from the ToT bag. The poly-luminescent undulating refractor is a jewel salvaged out of a necklace that is dropped out of the ToT bag.

It is the infusion that the OP wants.

~EW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Our very own Mystic.5934 opened 100k bags and didn’t receive any of the infusions that might drop. We can’t estimate the drop rate without more data, but we can use stats to put an upper bound on it. (I’ll run that calc when I have a bit more time.)

For the meantime, we can be sure that opening 100,000 ToT bags isn’t enough for it to be likely to see an infusion drop. Accordingly, the OP’s merely 60k bags isn’t very likely to have dropped one either.

However, during the time the OP was opening bags, it’s very likely that someone would get one. Imagine 50k people each opening an average of 10 bags — that already dwarfs the amount opened by the OP, and there are almost certainly more than 50k people opening (on average) more than 10 bags over the course of any give day.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Mamma il Dio.2074

It waas just a bad idea x_x I will never face the RNG gods anymore, they are clearly evil. Still disappointed but wanted to give it a try. Anyway from videos the infusion has a bad visual effect that i dislike a lot, you can see a sort of line separating the aura from the ground wich i hop will be fixed as it looks quite annoying from the owner point of view. Thanks for the replys tho, have all a nice day!

Mamma il Dio.2074

It waas just a bad idea x_x I will never face the RNG gods anymore, they are clearly evil. Still disappointed but wanted to give it a try. Anyway from videos the infusion has a bad visual effect that i dislike a lot, you can see a sort of line separating the aura from the ground wich i hop will be fixed as it looks quite annoying from the owner point of view. Thanks for the replys tho, have all a nice day!

Overall was bad ok, but in the end i got over 1k from selling Candy Corn Cobs and the old infusions and i got my MF boosted from 200% to 260% which is not that bad… I have to find a good thing about this or i just feel bad xD