Pick the most useless skill/trait

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Necro – Blood Magic Elite Trait

Major Grandmaster —> “Unholy Martyr” = Draw conditions from allies when you enter shroud and every few seconds while you remain in shroud. Gain life force each time a condition is removed.

Especially with the other 2 it’s just generally naf

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I’m not seeing anything worse than a trait that applies a conditional cripple once every half a minute. I win.

It’s not that terrible in pvp…? Maybe? I can imagine it might help finish off someone low on health who is trying to run away. It’s a lighter version of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Panic_Strike

Find me a ranger who has ever used this in favor of the traits it is up against, or even if it was against nothing, and I’d agree. If you’ve never played PvP or ranger before, it sounds like a reasonable trait. It’s beyond useless.

Yeah I’ve never really played pvp ranger. I don’t even know what the other 2 traits are in that tier lol.

2 adept traits, that both cast player skills, which can also in turn be traited.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Necro – Blood Magic Elite Trait

Major Grandmaster —> “Unholy Martyr” = Draw conditions from allies when you enter shroud and every few seconds while you remain in shroud. Gain life force each time a condition is removed.

Especially with the other 2 it’s just generally naf

I was actually going to try this out in a build but realized its only 1 target/1 condition every 3 seconds.

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Every class has useless traits, becasue Anet wanted the game to appear like there was build diversity.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Med kit wins for the raw size of the uselesness. It is a complete set of 5 skills, every single one of them totally worthless. YET, engie also have the whole range of turrets to choose from, and of course Shredder Gyro…
And honorable mention to Function Gyro, which is a whole elite spec mechanic that simply don’t do anything in Open World.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Predator’s Instinct for most useless trait.
Med Kit for most useless skill (with the most potential).

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Med Kit for most useless skill (with the most potential).

I think that’s the biggest disappointment with Medkit. The skills got a total rework to be more active and useful, but they still don’t do enough.

The worst part is the risk-reward for the healing gun is utterly terrible. Short range, aim required, and it still does spittle for healing effect. Comparatively, Druid staff gets long-range damageppewpew and positional healing with much less risk. Even accounting for the difference between intended healing elite spec and basic medkit, the difference is still staggering.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Holesale.2640

Holesale.2640

oooh that’s a good one

Fun fact: This skill was bugged when it was first introduced during the specialization patch. Making it so your gadgets had 2 separate cooldowns example: Utility Goggles 30s/Gadgeteer procs it switches to that version which is off CD and had a CD of 25s which stayed that way until you used the gadgeteer charge at which point if the original Utility Goggles was off CD you could get double the up time but if it was not timed correctly you would get 2 cooldowns which would be about double base CD of the gadget.

Fun fact 2 : This was literally the only time since its introduction that A.E.D. was ever useful.

IMO it was better when it was bugged because the long cooldown on gadgets doesn’t justify the active use in most cases, so getting 2 uses made up for that.

Though it would have needed some balancing in terms of op gadgets namely A.E.D. because with Automated Medical Response which was also bugged at the time had a cd of 10s if you were lucky and timed it right you could get like 3-4 A.E.D.s off but situations like that was extremely rare, also Slick Shoes and it could have used a timer like Kinetic Battery so you didn’t get locked out of the Normal Version of the gadget though a work around to that was using 2 gadgets.

Example of how the skills switched once Gadgeteer Proced https://youtu.be/NzLROkmzjhU?t=41s you can see as PBR and AED switched over when it shows up on the buff bar

(edited by Holesale.2640)

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Reaper’s relentless pursuit trait.
Lower movement impairing conditions durations mean nothing when everything can kite you easily and you can’t close the gap easily at all.
It will only be slightly more useful if it gives you total immunity to movement impairing conditions.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

snipples

relentless pursuit is ok for zerg vs zerg.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Reaper’s relentless pursuit trait.
Lower movement impairing conditions durations mean nothing when everything can kite you easily and you can’t close the gap easily at all.
It will only be slightly more useful if it gives you total immunity to movement impairing conditions.

Yeah I’m gonna say its actually one of Reaper’s best traits, especially for WvW where, with the right combination of runes and food, you can gain immunity to snare whilst in shroud.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: Zaviel.1245

Zaviel.1245

Engineer Healing Kit Trait

Posted by: Kumouta.4985

Kumouta.4985

Soul Eater. It’s useless, no matter how you look at it.

I can apply over 3 stacks of bleeding.

Posted by: Frost.5017

Frost.5017

The award has to go to engie here. The class has entire skill groups that are garbage:
Med Kit
Gadgets
Turrets — w/ the exception of healing turret

Also Shredder Gyro wanted to hop in the thread to say hi.

For engie traits its gotta go to Thermobaric Detonation – a trait that is a copy-pasta of Evasive Arcana but made uselss by the fact the player doesn’t really know when the blast finisher is coming out (unlike on ele where a player knows it’s the next dodge after an attunement swap), and made even further difficult to use on top of that due to that sweet build in delay on bombs. Also can’t be used out of combat so not even a useful corner case of blasting stealth or might even.

Honorable mention for engie trait:
Static Discharge – for those times when you just want to tazer the ground

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

In PvE: Necro’s Focus skill Spinal Shivers because 99% of the mobs don’t have boons.

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

In PvE: Necro’s Focus skill Spinal Shivers because 99% of the mobs don’t have boons.

Mobs not having boons is a design issue with the game in general i think.

Lahmia.2193

Mobs not having boons is a design issue with the game in general i think.

A lot of end game stuff can have boons though. One particular instance is the lvl 100 nightmare fractal in which enemies gain might fury and protection when they are critically hit with a 20s cooldown. Perfect job for Spinal Shivers.

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Has to be Last Refuge. A trait that literally caused my death multiple times back in the day when it was actually forced on you if you took Shadow Arts (which was good pre-HoT). The only good thing about this trait is that you can choose not to take it.

Thick Skin used to be amazingly bad as well, giving you 100 toughness when your health was above 90%. So you got like a 3% damage decrease on the first hit…………..

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Posted by: Fivona.5061

Fivona.5061

Soo… almost everthing useless ?

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

It’s a 20 percent increase in damage output on non-AA greatsword skills. That’s not “useless”, other than the fact that y’all think the greatsword on reaper isn’t good.

Lahmia.2193

It’s a 20 percent increase in damage output on non-AA greatsword skills. That’s not “useless”, other than the fact that y’all think the greatsword on reaper isn’t good.

Okay, not quite useless but that’s ignoring the fact that its up against Decimate Defenses and Chilling Victory. The only time it becomes usable is on a power greatsword necro that has a party giving 25 might and maxing out their crit chance with buffs. Which, lets face it, is almost non existent except for raids where power necro isn’t used as the norm. Even then with full zerker/scholars, spotter, disc. banner and fury – you gain 84.95% crit chance. So you’d need to put in a few pieces of assassins gear to get the remaining 15% which would then be a damage loss.