Pile of auric dust - locked behind...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Any other HoT materials like sparks, crystalline dust, airship oil can be obtained by looting chests in the corresponding maps. The 100% completion of the big map event is not required.

Problem with auric dust it can be found only in exalted chests (and very rarely in noxious pods) which are only available (in reasonable amounts) if you kill all 4 octovines. Why is it a problem? Well the hype is over and getting full map to do Tarir in prime time turned out to close to impossible. It would be great if another “reasonable” way of obtaining dust was available.

tl/dr: wtb other way to obtain pile of auric dust.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

my problem with auric dust is the opposite, i have no real use for it, not interested in anything it builds , and my bank is almost full with it …..it’s account bound and pretty much useless junk, but I’m going to have to grind the AR meta to buy an account bound only recipe that will allow me to make an account bound auric ingot that is also useless and can’t be sold or traded. I’ve no desire to join a guild, and can’t even build my own guild to be a scribe to at least use this stuff that’s filling my vault that’s also account bound.

what was the person who thought this up thinking ? there are a ton of soulbound, account bound crippling garbage decisions like this, that concern me, either the person who made up these rules don’t know their audience, or are trying to force them to be something they are not.

I want my gw1 team back, not the wow annex team please.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Cynz.9437

Oh yeah i spent over hour? in tarir just to get 2 dusts….

All is Vain~

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

lol

my thoughts exactly.
OP has a good point too. really, both are the same point: either you need auric dust and cant get it or you dont need it and have way too much. check lfg, there’s sometimes parties like ‘full tarir looting’. once I was in a success map, looted chests, joined another map where I looted more chests, then joined a 3rd map and had to only loot the grand chests because I was running out of aurillium.
personally, I craft fulgurite then jeweled damask patch to sell every now and then to offload excess ley line sparks, and auric dust and airship oil get cleaned out at the same time.

Ricky.4706

i hold on to them, or as anet likes to say it “hoard” them all the same, because like all the candy corn I “Hoarded” for years, one day turned into 20 slot bags ….a whole lot of them.

now i’m being bombarded with guild stuff, I’m not into guilds…I’m into roaming…I’d become a scribe, but they also crippled the ability for me to be a scribe in my own 1 man guild ….

and the day I throw it out, they fix the guild fiasco they started to be reasonable, and I ended up throwing away thousands of gold worth of material.

I know you want me to buy more slot and bank slots – but why ?? your plans are so unstable that it feels like i’m literally grinding for useless garbage.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Posted by: Abdel Muhti.6431

Abdel Muhti.6431

I do the Tarir Meta Event successfully every day multiple times. I use the lfg-tool search. Be sure to circle around and do damage to every of the 4 octovines. Buy at least 27 keys. Go underground. Enjoy the loot. You will get ~20+ aucric dust each meta.

The hyper is over? It just began. You wont get more loot for any other event in such a little time.

(edited by Abdel Muhti.6431)

Ricky.4706

agreed, i look for black diamonds there to make more vipers accessories, got bloated with everything else that looked ascended but useless account bound slot eaters.

Cynz.9437

I do the Tarir Meta Event successfully every day multiple times. I use the lfg-tool search. Be sure to circle around and do damage to every of the 4 octovines. Buy at least 27 keys. Go underground. Enjoy the loot. You will get ~20+ aucric dust each meta.

The hyper is over? It just began. You wont get more loot for any other event in such a little time.

There was nothing on LFG and i couldn’t get any ppl to taxi in. We had just a handful for 1 gate….

All is Vain~

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

This is probably no fix for you but there is another way to get the dusts. Completing the HOT story gives you 20 dust per char. It only takes 1-2 days to complete the story if you know what you are doing. So if you have a lot of alts who are lvl 80 you could get some extra dusts this way. Not to forget to mention you also get a BLTC key as well as a lot of other goodies for doing the story (wep skins etc).

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

gotta add that as opposed to the first couple months of HoT there is much less decent players (and people) who know what to do and are willing to participate in the event instead of just standing at a safe spot and waiting for free chests so failing Tarir with a full map is not something uncommon either

in fact now that tactics are known fairly well the full Tarir map fails more often than at the beginning of HoT when the community was still learning and actually trying to do their best

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

Posted by: Ticky.5831

Ticky.5831

I think your problem is that you show up too late and the primary metaserver map is already full. I very rarely have a problem with getting into a full map in AB.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers

Use this; try to show up before the challenges phase.

gotta add that as opposed to the first couple months of HoT there is much less decent players (and people) who know what to do and are willing to participate in the event instead of just standing at a safe spot and waiting for free chests so failing Tarir with a full map is not something uncommon either

in fact now that tactics are known fairly well the full Tarir map fails more often than at the beginning of HoT when the community was still learning and actually trying to do their best

Wat? The first two weeks in HoT I think I only witnessed 3 clears. I’ve only seen 2 fails(as far as org maps are concerned) in the last two months.

(edited by Ticky.5831)

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

I think your problem is that you show up too late and the primary metaserver map is already full. I very rarely have a problem with getting into a full map in AB.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers

Use this; try to show up before the challenges phase.

Wat? The first two weeks in HoT I think I only witnessed 3 clears. I’ve only seen 2 fails(as far as org maps are concerned) in the last two months.

i am not a frequent visiter of HoT content lately but whenever I came I kept getting into full maps with ton of people sitting afk at safe spots next to octovines and individuals yelling about fail map at map chat since minute 5 from octovine event start

not all of those maps have failed but the majority did and that significantly differs from my experience with Tarir in the early HoT days when people were more excited and enthusiastic about the new content and I have succeed nearly every map while doing Tarir several times per day

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

Posted by: Ticky.5831

Ticky.5831

Well, honestly I find that very strange, because I’ve had the exact opposite experience, favoring AB as a farming spot since day 1 of HoT.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Nah… it’s fine as it is, the only problem is subsequent failures because some people chill out too much during the meta and don’t take it a bit more seriously.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: LucianDK.8615

LucianDK.8615

AB is easy to farm and offers far more variety than DS, and isnt a complete maze like VB or TB.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I really hate Auric Ingots, Auric Slivers. The dust can stay because it will eventually be used to make Fulgrite. The ingots and slivers I have no use at all for. I did the story enough times that I have all the Auric weapons so I won’t be making any of them. Would love another use for them.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

AB is easy to farm and offers far more variety than DS, and isnt a complete maze like VB or TB.

It’s the map I love the most! Not to mention the skritts. <3

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer