Pistols and Shortbows Dead

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: dasmitchies.7462

dasmitchies.7462

Q:

Pistols were my favorite thief weapon and were nerfed even when players couldnt abuse it? Any chance for ricochet to return? Any possibility that shortbow gets some love as longbow did? Or have I wasted my time on these legends?

Posted by: Musik.8509

Musik.8509

Second that. I really liked the ricochet dual pistol build. Not too happy about it’s removal, really. Rather unhappy, actually.

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Sure it was pew pew pew, but it was a lot of fun pew pew pew. +1 here hoping they will review and adjust that or give pistols a bit more trait love.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: A OK.8276

A OK.8276

I wonder if there will be a pistol return in the theif elite specialization. Some kind of gunslinger with rifles.

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

That’s my thought as well. I bet double pistol synergies well with the new trait line so it was just redundant where it was previously.

Posted by: Wolfeng.3784

Wolfeng.3784

Yes please make Ricochet baseline. (havent logged in my thief yet)

You tried to give ricochet some love a few patches back and now it’s gone? I don’t get it.

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

Any answer on this possible? Riccochet was the foundation to my build and i also will have wasted months of effort getting Quip if my thief remains nerfed because pistols don’t even come close to dagger now.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Shortbow and pistol was already underpowered. Many people are angry about those two weapons getting nerfed. Only build we have now is the boring one. Please someone answer this guys question. All thief mained players are wondering about it.

Posted by: Draghmar.2594

Draghmar.2594

Yeah it’s a shame that they remove ricochet Especially since this was the only way to compete in PvE loot with pistols when everyone is casting AoEs in big events…

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Someone at Anet really hates shortbows. All they have done with them in the last 3 years is nerf them. Both Ranger and Thief.

I liked pistol on thief occasionally for a change of pace, even if it was weak before they nerfed it, making it now utterly pointless weapon.

Posted by: Tringsh.2380

Tringsh.2380

I’ve found that I rarely have to use my dual pistols with my D/D build getting such a massive buff. Granted this is in PVP. I agree it’s not nice taking a weapon set that is just sat there unused. No way would I take short bow, yuk.

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

I’ve been P/P – SB thief since Headstart.

I can’t put in words how big was the blow for me after this changes.

It was really unique build for those of us who embraced it – and really viable onces you master it.

Other builds are same old same old absolutely boring – I just cannot force myself to play with daggers or sword. (mind you i have 8 characters that utilize those weapons way better and has way funnier mechanics related to them)

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Ricochet was an overpowered trait shoring up an underpowered set. It effectively functioned as a bandaid for P/P. I don’t necessarily have a problem with them removing it, but removing without other buffs to the set was ridiculous because, even with it, P/P in particular still underperformed in most situations.

The main problem is and always has been that Vital Shot is too feeble, causing an overreliance on Unload and starving you out of any mobility or utility. I’m really unsure how this has gone over 2 years without being identified and corrected.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

Posted by: freeman.7315

freeman.7315

Seriously Anet? You just remove the trait? Just like that,you don’t even say the reason behind it? Ricochet was one of (if not the most) important trait for a p/p build! It gave us that little bit of AoE that was sorely needed while still being able to pull a decent amount of dmg! Oh,but wait…you gave us that useless traits like Signets of Power and Hidden Killer in Critical Strikes line. That must make it ok! Give ricochet back,that’s all i have to say to that kitten who thought removing it was a good idea

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Have to chime in that I too loved my Ricochet dual pistols. Was great in many parts of PvE and was the primary reason I played thief in that game mode. Very very sad to see that trait removed

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: nikdik.1934

nikdik.1934

So much for build diversity. P/P was a lot of fun.

Posted by: TwoGhosts.6790

TwoGhosts.6790

I’m sad about this, too.

My thief is dazed and confused at the moment, wondering at his purpose in life.

I ran PP/SB.

Yes, it was quirky. Yes it was sub-optimal and not particularly competitive. But it was hella good fun, way more than simply viable, and deeply satisfying to roll through PvE with.

Now? I spent the mandatory 20-30mins unlocking my traits, checking the auto-selection, and then examining all the trait lines with a view to reinstating a close build to what I had before to get me going. After about 15mins of reading, rereading and checking again I finally came to the realisation that there is almost nothing now to synergise in support of a PP/SB thief.

Perhaps it’s Anets way of telling me how foolish I was all along. But maybe no one at Anet actually tried playing one, and so doesn’t realise just how much fun and how effective they could be.

RIP dear friend.

I’ll have a word with my necro and see if he can resurrect you in another guise.

~TG

Posted by: dasmitchies.7462

dasmitchies.7462

The worst part is I invested heavily in pistol skins and The Dreamer, is anyone in Anet going to adrdess this?

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

Oh wow I’ve yet to play a few of my 80’s since the patch, but having ricochet removed is highly disappointing.

Anet please tell me I didn’t waste my time on Quip and Dreamer for nothing!

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Pistol needs something but I don’t think Ricochet was the right answer.

Quip is a waste of time regardless. :P
Unless your thief is really a clown.

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

I love purple.

It has a purple glow.

I was sold :P

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Posted by: anx.7549

anx.7549

I love purple.

It has a purple glow.

I was sold :P

Nice answer.

Anx