Pity About The Forced Spoiling of LW2 by HoT

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

I haven’t played for well over a year, so missed LW2. I read Anet saying the start of HoT spoils LW2 and advised people to play LW2 first.

Okay, fine, I’m happy about that but I wanted to unlock the Tyria Masteries and to do that I had to complete “Torn From The Sky”.

I was horrified to realise, too late, that this TOTALLY SPOILED LW2 since it’s a full spoil of how that ends it would seem!

Anet, WHY did you gate the Tyria Masteries by this utter spoil?

Sure, lock the HoT Masteries behind it but I really didn’t expect you gate the ‘old world’ ones by this spoil. I played TFTS only because I wanted to unlock the Masteries I already had points for, now I feel the gems I spent on LW2 are down the drain.

/nothappy

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

HoT is the progression of the story. How could it not spoil what came before it? That’s like watching the sequel to a movie before the movie, and then complaining the sequel spoiled the first movie for you…

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

Posted by: Kill.3458

Kill.3458

HoT is the progression of the story. How could it not spoil what came before it? That’s like watching the sequel to a movie before the movie, and then complaining the sequel spoiled the first movie for you…

I dont think OP is being serious, if he is, this is a WHOLE new low…

Posted by: Stap.1025

Stap.1025

I did the last 2 episodes of LW2 post HoT release and pre “Torn From The Sky”. I earned 2 mastery points doing it.

Posted by: Yamialexa.5103

Yamialexa.5103

I did the last 2 episodes of LW2 post HoT release and pre “Torn From The Sky”. I earned 2 mastery points doing it.

You got the mastery points, but most likely no experience for the mastery. You can get the points before, but to spend them you need to have completed the beginning of HoT so you can actually level the masteries.

On another note, OP, you knew it would spoil and you did it anyway? What’s there to be horrified about then? There was plenty of time to catch up on LS2 until HoT, unless you started GW2 with HoT prepurchase (and even then it would have been possible).

Posted by: Stap.1025

Stap.1025

So unless I’m misunderstanding something vital, my point was that you can earn the points and not spoil the story. Do the story and then open the masteries afterwards.

I agree some what that gating the Tyria Masteries behind HoT is a bit disappointing if you have bought HoT, but you don’t have to spoil the story if you feel this is important to you. It was important to me so I finished the previous chapters first. Personally I thought it was pretty clear that the next chapter of the story would spoil the previous chapter of the story.

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Masteries should have been unlocked the moment you logged in, they just needed to check to see if you owned hot which would have been easy.

That being the case though, they were pretty clear that you had to play the first story to unlock, so you should not have been surprised that it had major spoilers in it.