Places You Shouldn't Be

Places You Shouldn't Be

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vito Schwam.8791

Vito Schwam.8791

So, my guild and I decided that we are going to try to find all the interesting places that characters shouldn’t normally be able to get to. For example, here:

What other “forbidden” places have you guys gotten to?

The Toad [TOAD] – www.thetoad.hit.to | Henge of Denravi | Cmd. Vitellio Romana

Places You Shouldn't Be

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

on top of the mountains in the south of Fields of Ruin. you get there by climbing the “building” near the heart “Help the Vanguard stall the ogre advance”, then pretty much just run straight up the side of the mountain. careful, as there are lots of fake floors. betcha didn’t know there’s an ocean south of those mountains Also, my guildie got behind the Desert Gate poi’s gate from there. I was on my way but fell through the floor.

Places You Shouldn't Be

Posted by: Orkfaeller.7931

Orkfaeller.7931

Im quite new so I dont know if thats a well known thing or not but a couple of days ago I managed to climb in one of those

They are quite comfy but turns out you cant get out of there on your own. And I was completly out of money, so no quick travel for me.
Had to wait till a player came around and triggered an Arena fight witch openes the Containers to drop monsters.

Attachments:

Places You Shouldn't Be

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

Attachments:

(edited by MokahTGS.7850)

Places You Shouldn't Be

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I spent a few hours exploring the cliffs above Mabon Market a while back. You can actually cross a fairly large area of the map up there, and I’m fairly certain they never intended us to be up there because it’s very empty and a lot of the scenery is poorly done – one texture will just end and another begins with a very clear line between them.

Oh and during Halloween I tried jumping off the side of the Mad Realm lobby and landed on the Labyrinth Map, but the wrong side of the wall – I was between the ‘outer’ wall and the actual edge of the map. (See attachment.)

I also had a weird glitch with the Clock Tower where instead of getting to do the puzzle I’d see everyone clustered on the roof of the ‘waiting room’ and then we’d fall into water and I’d end up swimming around the base of the tower. Turns out there are actually 2 towers, one which you can see from the lobby where the puzzle spins around the tower and another one on the opposite site where it’s the tower that spins (which I suspect is the one where you actually do the puzzle).

Slightly more boring but I also found out that during Flame & Frost you could climb the inner Cragstead gate and get into the instance without any events going on – it was completely empty, no NPCs or anything.

I’m sure there’s been others too. I’ve spent a ridiculous amount of time climbing and/or falling down the map.

Attachments:

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Places You Shouldn't Be

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You can also get up on top of the lion statue in Lions Arch.

Oh, there is of course also the bottom of Rata Sum, both outside (which I haven’t done yet) and inside:

Attachments:

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

(edited by Danikat.8537)