Placing decoration problems

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: vonbladewing.5973

vonbladewing.5973

Im having problems with placing decorations every time i go to place a piece of furniture the game just place the item without the preview so the decoration randomly places without me controlling wear and what direction i want to place it… when i want to wipe the decoration the wipe green rings are not showing up.

note I’m running on a mac

Captain Commander of a Sky Edge Piracy

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I’m on Mac too, but I’m not having these problems. The first problem sounds like it could be a mouse problem. Are you using Scrolling Gestures at all? Try turning that off and see if there’s an improvement if you are.

Couldn’t say what second one might be though, sorry.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: vonbladewing.5973

vonbladewing.5973

i fixed my first problem it was something to with my settings my second problem is that i can’t rotate an object with the right mouse button

Captain Commander of a Sky Edge Piracy

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

Wait, you’re supposed to be able to rotate decorations? I always assumed that they just face away from your character no matter what you do.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Wait, you’re supposed to be able to rotate decorations? I always assumed that they just face away from your character no matter what you do.

You can rotate while holding the left mouse button. You may have to adjust your ground targetting setting.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

You need to make sure ground targeting is set to “normal” and not any of the fast/instant options.

Once you do that you can hit the place key to get a preview, and rotate that preview with RMB before you place it.

Somebody at naet needs to make targeting automatically set itself to normal when you neter place mode and revert back to whatever you setting is when you need it, because it’s kind of annoying to have to constantly go in to options :P

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

You need to make sure ground targeting is set to “normal” and not any of the fast/instant options.

Once you do that you can hit the place key to get a preview, and rotate that preview with RMB before you place it.

Somebody at naet needs to make targeting automatically set itself to normal when you neter place mode and revert back to whatever you setting is when you need it, because it’s kind of annoying to have to constantly go in to options :P

Thanks, that explains why I’ve never realised that this function exists.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

There are plenty of other things decoration mode needs as well.