Plans to improve performance in HoT?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Profoundsoup.7642

Profoundsoup.7642

Super high end system. Game has always ran like kitten. Are they doing anything in Heart of Thorn to improve this or is it same old, same old?

Posted by: DavidGX.7240

DavidGX.7240

As far as I know, they haven’t said anything about it.

I’d PAY for them to optimize this game better for multicore systems. Seriously. Start a kickstarter for it ArenaNet, if that’s what it will take. Not joking.

“Those who go mad are merely thoughtful souls who failed to reach any conclusions.”

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

I’d PAY for them to optimize this game better for multicore systems. Seriously. Start a kickstarter for it ArenaNet, if that’s what it will take. Not joking.

maybe start also a kickstarter for reintroduce bunny ears……omg

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

90% of the time I was running at 60fps, with everything maxed at 1080p, including supersample, and that’s because I use v-sync. Didn’t notice a single hickup.
The whole beta map seems very well optimized considering the amount of detail and stuff to render.

Whatever PC you got I don’t think it’s ‘Super high end system’.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

No there are no plans to improve performance. The reason is that the performance is limited cause they have chosen that.

The game leans a lot more on the CPU, compared to other games. This results in a performance cap that is reached earlier (still compared to other games) on high end systems and not fully utilize these systems. The reason for this is that it makes the game playable on much lowers specs compared to other games.
Players with an high end systems are easy customers. They will buy and play anyways. The real place to win sales is the playergroup with a weaker system. So by choosing to have a less optimised game for high end systems, they provide themselfes with more sales.

But, this does not mean that on high end systems the game runs “kitten” (the forum blanks out bad language with the word kitten, so I don’t know the exact term you used and neither do I care, cause you should refrain from such words in the first place). You just don’t get as much juice as you would expect from such a system.
If your game runs poorly, it is clearly not a high end system. My first guess is that you are running a AMD-cpu.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: AlliedKhajiit.2794

AlliedKhajiit.2794

the forum blanks out bad language with the word kitten, so I don’t know the exact term you used and neither do I care, cause you should refrain from such words in the first place

that’s like, your opinion, man

personally I wish there was an option to turn the filter off but whatever. filter get’s really annoying with combinations of words like “hasn’t it” or “his hit” because one is (remove the x) “hasn’t x it” and the other is “his x hit”, both of which without spaces contain “such words, much vulgar, wow”

Posted by: The Comfy Chair.7265

The Comfy Chair.7265

I’m generally seeing 30-50fps in verdant brink @ 2560×1440 on a gtx970/5GHz i5-2500K (for reference, there’s nothing worthwhile me upgrading to on either front that wouldn’t cost stupid money for a tiny gain – if there was I would have done!). It’s not exactly what I’d call great performance by any stretch. It’s playable, sure, but something needs to be done eventually, especially if they want to improve detail further.

Also, the game has always ran relatively badly on any system. It’s likely due to the sheer amount of stuff to be rendered. In such a case DX12 would likely help out a lot, but it would involve an engine rewrite – you can’t just slap DX12 on top of an engine and expect miracles! I personally would think it’d be a worthwhile change. It’s always been manageable, but it’s never been ‘good’.

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

Guys I found a way to optimize Guild Wars 2. That’s 4K gaming right there, yup, 4K pixels.

Attachments:

Anvil Rockers Unite!

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

the forum blanks out bad language with the word kitten, so I don’t know the exact term you used and neither do I care, cause you should refrain from such words in the first place

personally I wish there was an option to turn the filter off but whatever. filter get’s really annoying with combinations of words like “hasn’t it” or “his hit” because one is (remove the x) “hasn’t x it” and the other is “his x hit”, both of which without spaces contain “such words, much vulgar, wow”

No it’s not my opinion, it is clearly stated in the forum code of conduct that bad language is not allowed.
the filter doesnt work properly, I know that and am carefull to make such statements. But in this case, given the context, I’m 99.99% sure the OP wrote something that is a violation of the forum code of conduct and the filter worked properly (this time). The filter is not an excuse to break the code of conduct.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Profoundsoup.7642

Profoundsoup.7642

No it’s not my opinion, it is clearly stated in the forum code of conduct that bad language is not allowed.
the filter doesnt work properly, I know that and am carefull to make such statements. But in this case, given the context, I’m 99.99% sure the OP wrote something that is a violation of the forum code of conduct and the filter worked properly (this time). The filter is not an excuse to break the code of conduct.

Attachments:

Posted by: arakkune.1429

arakkune.1429

Well i played hot beta on a laptop(I7-4720HQ/gtx 960) on a stable 60fps everything on max v-sync off not on supersample though

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

Well i played hot beta on a laptop(I7-4720HQ/gtx 960) on a stable 60fps everything on max v-sync off not on supersample though

960 or 960m?

just want to know cause of my own system

ty

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

maybe start also a kickstarter for reintroduce bunny ears……omg

…Like the time they sold bunny ears on the bltc like 4 days ago?

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

There will be no new API.
There will not be a 64 bit client.
There will not be any more improvements performance wise.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

There will be no new API. *
There will not be a 64 bit client. *
There will not be any more improvements performance wise. *

*citation needed

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

Over 5 millions copies core game sold, now you have H.O.T sales plus tons of money from gem store, Anet has plenty of money!!

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao