Plasma Bows

Plasma Bows

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

I like most of the plasma weapons, love the lightsaber feel to them, Staff should have been more of the double-bladed lightsaber type, but still pretty good looking.
Only real disappointment are the bows, they could have animated the strings at least,

Plasma Bows

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Aww fudge.

Can you post the longbow?

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Plasma Bows

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Plasma Bows

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

kitten , dulfy’s quick.

Thanks.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Plasma Bows

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

The bows make no sense to me, the only safe part to hold is smaller than flea’s pinky compared to the dangerous plasma, don’t get me wrong, it’s creative, but even still

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Plasma Bows

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

The guns bother me. They don’t have a normal barrel, yet they still seem to shoot normal rounds. It makes no sense.

If they had made them more like the SAB pistols in sound, at least, then I could buy it. But this? So many of these are just bits of glow and float added to weapons just for the sake of decoration, and on the guns it makes even less sense.

I think I’ll save my ticket.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Plasma Bows

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

The Star Wars is strong with these.

smh

Not sure I care for them personally.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Plasma Bows

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Looks a bit disappointing especially for the axe but it is hard to top the awesomeness of the improvised set. :P

I was expecting something more like Fate’s Bardiche Assault’s various forms http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/nanoha/images/3/33/Fate_Bardiche.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110712142945 especially the sword and greatsword

Plasma Bows

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I like the collapsible nature of them. Not quite a light saber.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Plasma Bows

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I was expecting something that was basically recolored Fused weapons, myself.

Aside from maybe the sword, I think these are all pretty impractical and sad.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Plasma Bows

Posted by: Ranglon Hoth.9706

Ranglon Hoth.9706

Does dye affect the plasma color?

Plasma Bows

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

They’re weapons they can’t be dyed.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Plasma Bows

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I like how they collapse. The blades don’t quite do it for me thanks to the plasma generating thing at the tip that makes them useless for thrusts (I’m a fencer at heart). The shield’s pretty cool, especially since it collapses enough not to hide all your armor when stowed.

I’ll take a few days to consider if I want to spend my only current ticket on one of these. I’ll have to have an alt who primarily uses a weapon that is one of the Plasma ones I like.

Plasma Bows

Posted by: Ranglon Hoth.9706

Ranglon Hoth.9706

They’re weapons they can’t be dyed.

There I go thinking back to GW1 again. Sorry! Thanks for the reply.

Plasma Bows

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

I like most of the plasma weapons, love the lightsaber feel to them, Staff should have been more of the double-bladed lightsaber type, but still pretty good looking.
Only real disappointment are the bows, they could have animated the strings at least,

WHY ARE YOU TOUCHING THE BOW STRING.
its made of PLASMA

xD

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

Plasma Bows

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

I was expecting something that was basically recolored Fused weapons, myself.

Aside from maybe the sword, I think these are all pretty impractical and sad.

i say lets just bring the fused weapons back to the blt

Plasma Bows

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

I like the staff n sword personally, wish the made the GS a little thinner.

Plasma Bows

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Aight… seems my asura get some new toys to play with. Those reek of magitech and cause of the plasma beams they look rather lightweight and they are certainly science… I cant imagine a better set for asuras who sorta like it a bit cultural but cant see the other asuran themed weapons anymore.

The shield certainly goes on my engi, same for the firearms and most likely also the hammer. I also gonna get the GS, dagger and sword…just to be sure. Got no use for them atm.. but i dig these skins, might aswell get all i like.

9\10 from me for those cause the bows arent really that cool. The set might be quite simple in design and details compared to other sets…but it fits and why fix whats not broken anyways. Love the colours too, something new for once.
Shame though.. they should be rata novus loot…but oh well.. lets not devolve this topic to salt….well then, lemme redeem some of my tickets.

Plasma Bows

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Interesting set, but the bows are indeed very disappointing. NO plasma animation which is the focal point of the set’s design, and no collapsing animation which the others (all?) have to some degree? Perhaps a bit more creative effort could have been put into them once the basic concept was nailed down to avoid the stark contrast in appeal? I see no point in getting the bows this time, as I typically do with the other BL sets. Oh well.

Edit: Ok, that’s a relief. The plasma bowstrings just aren’t showing in the preview. Strange that.

(edited by Kruhljak.2705)

Plasma Bows

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

its made of PLASMA

xD

WHY make a bow string out of plasma?!

. . . oh, right, asura. Forgot for a second.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Plasma Bows

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

its made of PLASMA

xD

WHY make a bow string out of plasma?!

. . . oh, right, asura. Forgot for a second.

it was a practical joke!
we didn’t think anyone would be dumb enough to grab it….other than a few skritt thieves……fry em u know?

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

Plasma Bows

Posted by: Zerikin.1593

Zerikin.1593

The torch is amazing. Pistol, rifle, staff, and shield are nice. Bows: wat?

Plasma Bows

Donari.5237

The bow preview doesn’t show the plasma but if you look at the Dulfy gallery linked above the plasma is the string. Ow?

Guess we don’t need -all- our fingers.

Plasma Bows

Posted by: Warlock.7136

Warlock.7136

these weapons aren’t just celebrating light sabers, they are also celebrating an irl discovery.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/09/29/mit-harvard-scientists-accidentally-create-real-life-lightsaber.html

Plasma Bows

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

The sword looks more like Travis Touchdown’s Beam Katana from No More Heroes, which in itself is a Lightsaber reference.

“Would you kindly?”

Plasma Bows

Donari.5237

these weapons aren’t just celebrating light sabers, they are also celebrating an irl discovery.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/09/29/mit-harvard-scientists-accidentally-create-real-life-lightsaber.html

Highly misleading headline on that article, which leads me to wonder how accurate the contents are. The article boils down to “we’ve found a way to make photons bounce off each other, which could theoretically lead to something like a light saber one day.”

Plasma Bows

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

Highly misleading headline on that article, which leads me to wonder how accurate the contents are. The article boils down to “we’ve found a way to make photons bounce off each other, which could theoretically lead to something like a light saber one day.”

Clickbait ftw

Plasma Bows

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

At 1:50 in Dulfy’s video showing each of the skins you can see the bow strings are clearly animated.

Plasma Bows

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

The plasma string has got a safe spot for the arrow and fingers

Attachments:

Plasma Bows

Posted by: Auralae.7482

Auralae.7482

I actually laughed out loud at the greatsword. That has to be one of the most ridiculous looking weapons I’ve ever seen. The bows make no sense at all. Why would the string be plasma?

The shield is about the only one I really like. I think that’s a fantastic skin. The sword, axe,, and some of the others are decent too imo.

Overall, I’m not really impressed at the execution of several of these. Ah well, I guess they need to try and capitalize off the Star Wars fandom and upcoming movie in some way.

Plasma Bows

Donari.5237

Actually the mace is fairly wicked looking, like it could do some serious damage. Alas that I have no mace users (I mean, I have all professions and two elites, but no one who keeps a mace equipped).

Plasma Bows

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

I feel like the greatsword at least should have a helix-like central plasma beam instead of/in addition to the outer ones.

I agree, though, it’s too wide.

Plasma Bows

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

i find most of this weapon set quite ugly but the bows dont even look like the same set

why even make them? why not just skip them like you do with the underwater weps ifyour gana make uninspired versions?

honestly anet would be better off if they didnt feel the need to make EVERY weapon with EVERY set, just make the good ones, the ones that your inspired to make

Plasma Bows

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

i find most of this weapon set quite ugly but the bows dont even look like the same set

why even make them? why not just skip them like you do with the underwater weps ifyour gana make uninspired versions?

honestly anet would be better off if they didnt feel the need to make EVERY weapon with EVERY set, just make the good ones, the ones that your inspired to make

So you can’t imagine that there’s people out there who like stuff you don’t like? Ok. You really should learn that actually – people are different.

Plasma Bows

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

The plasma string has got a safe spot for the arrow and fingers

. . . this still brings me to question – why? Though it’s not far off from what the Glyphic set is supposed to do, I suspect.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Plasma Bows

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I like a more techie set that doesn’t drip disgusting stuff. I bought a couple of them for my Engie and Rev.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Plasma Bows

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

its made of PLASMA

xD

Actually if you look closely there’s a non-plasma widget in the center of the string on each bow to nock your arrow on. Try holding it by that .

I think it’s just meant to give us flashbacks to the Dungeon’s and Dragons cartoon (Hank the Ranger and ‘the bow that can do anything except damage…’).

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.