Playable Dwarves needed for balance

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

GW2 needs equal size representation among races, and playable Dwarves would fill this gaping hole perfectly.

Norn and Charr large.

Human and Sylvari medium.

Asura small…

For any naysayers…

Yes, playable Dwarves are possible to make so let’s not go there. I can provide a counter argument for any and all opposing arguments.

Thank you for reading this awesome suggestion about playable Dwarves!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

They can’t even make armor sets for the current playable races, you want to lock them down into making ALL the current armor sets for the new race as well as slowing down future projects as well? No thanks.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

That’s because we Asura are so amazing, we don’t need another “small” race to balance things out.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Asura aren’t small. The other races are poorly built, needing all those desproportionate parts to support their comparatively small brains.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I thought that the dwarves were all turned to stone and/or dead?
From a lore perspective how would that work?
Such a thing makes making them a playable race impossible.

Although I suspect that if we are going after Primodious, then we might encounter the few who are still “alive” in a future story chapter.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

I thought that the dwarves were all turned to stone and/or dead?
From a lore perspective how would that work?
Such a thing makes making them a playable race impossible.

and boring, everyone would be the same stoney colour

Posted by: Myrden.2456

Myrden.2456

Playable Skritt for the win.

Posted by: Purgatori.3645

Purgatori.3645

+1 x a million to this!

I want dwarves, dont get me wrong … but Skritt … yes .. shiny! GIMME

When life knocks you down, roll over and look at the stars.

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

+1 x a million to this!

With their distributed intelligence: Skritt can only play in 40+ Zerg

If they meet an oponent without 40+ zerg, they fall in 10min fear or till they run into a zerg,

They have no armor (skins) only their base outfit.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

For any naysayers…

Yes, playable Dwarves are possible to make so let’s not go there. I can provide a counter argument for any and all opposing arguments

Sorry but no.
It’s an established fact that dwarves are a nearly extinct species that lost their ability to reproduce centuries ago because of their irriversable condition. And even if it could somehow be reversed, their numbers are too small and too spread out to sustain a viable gene pool. The remaining dwarves are(were?) slowly being wiped out by the destroyers through attrition. The few dwarves that still exist on the surface are preoccupied.

Now, no longer interested in maintaining their solidarity as a race, the last dwarves scattered across Tyria, finding battles to fight in the deep caverns or making new homes in far-flung hills, ever-watching the borders where caverns emerge into the surface world. Those few individuals who can rightfully claim to have met a dwarf in their lifetime are rare, and all speak of the strange, driven passion that consumes these few survivors. It is unclear how many dwarves survive. Only two are known to have survived: Magister Ogden Stonehealer and Rhoban Orebreaker.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Playable Ooze for the win.

Corrected that for you

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

That’s because we Asura are so amazing, we don’t need another “small” race to balance things out.

Excelsior.

Whenever I see you in a thread like this I do not need to add anything.
But your way of arguing could go that far that we need Dwarves because our awesomeness is creating a dangerous instability to the balance of the universe and we need other bob races (like Dwarves) to pull it back to the happy medium

I should consult a Scholar in Rata Sum for this…

I am very happy with the playable races, we have a lot of different themes to choose from and everything is covered. I wonder why exactly dwarves?

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

Asura were never balanced; they are way too top heavy.

Dwarves, with their lower centres of gravity, would bring much more balance to the game.

G R E E N E R

Swagger.1459

For any naysayers…

Yes, playable Dwarves are possible to make so let’s not go there. I can provide a counter argument for any and all opposing arguments

Sorry but no.
It’s an established fact that dwarves are a nearly extinct species that lost their ability to reproduce centuries ago because of their irriversable condition. And even if it could somehow be reversed, their numbers are too small and too spread out to sustain a viable gene pool. The remaining dwarves are(were?) slowly being wiped out by the destroyers through attrition. The few dwarves that still exist on the surface are preoccupied.

Now, no longer interested in maintaining their solidarity as a race, the last dwarves scattered across Tyria, finding battles to fight in the deep caverns or making new homes in far-flung hills, ever-watching the borders where caverns emerge into the surface world. Those few individuals who can rightfully claim to have met a dwarf in their lifetime are rare, and all speak of the strange, driven passion that consumes these few survivors. It is unclear how many dwarves survive. Only two are known to have survived: Magister Ogden Stonehealer and Rhoban Orebreaker.

Who’s to say we can’t play stone dwarves? Humans aren’t from Tyria, Dwarf origin is unknown, so I’m sure they could have come from the mists as well. Perhaps not every Dwarven culture was turned to stone and they went into hiding.

There are plenty of ways to introduce them, it’s just a matter of imagination.

Swagger.1459

Excelsior.

Whenever I see you in a thread like this I do not need to add anything.
But your way of arguing could go that far that we need Dwarves because our awesomeness is creating a dangerous instability to the balance of the universe and we need other bob races (like Dwarves) to pull it back to the happy medium

I should consult a Scholar in Rata Sum for this…

I am very happy with the playable races, we have a lot of different themes to choose from and everything is covered. I wonder why exactly dwarves?

Why Dwarves? There are too many awesome reasons to list!

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Dwarves are medium sized, not small. They are shorter than humans but more heavily built.

Posted by: skeeman.3140

skeeman.3140

So, if they introduced dwarves, would they be limited to only day forward content? And how would that even work? Do they need a completely different set of dialog for dwarves because it’s not like Dragon’s Watch can pretend that a dwarf was around to kill Zhaitan, Scarlet, Mordremoth, etc. unless we just stick our fingers in our ears and just pretend the dwarves have been available since go live.

There is no way to fit a new playable race without throwing continuity of the window and recording a boatload of back dialog or giving them a very modified version of the story going forward and excluding them from participating in older content.

Posted by: Dantert.1803

Dantert.1803

No, dwarves(even if I like the idea a lot) do not fit the lore, they are all stone and I don’t want to play as a stone dwarf..also the other remaining dwarves, the stone summit, were such a pain in the kitten in Gw1 that I would hate to see them as a playable race in Gw2.

But you know what is not well represented? Bird people! That’s why Tengu are the best idea ever for a new race.

Cheers!

Edit: Also dwarves would need long beard coming out from the helmets to look cool, now look at the mess they made with the missing beard for norns with some helmets… Thanks but no…

(edited by Dantert.1803)

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

It’d be nice, but dwarves in this game are just ugly. They didn’t do dwarves right. Plus, GW fans are more wanting tengu as a playable race.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

They can’t even make armor sets for the current playable races, you want to lock them down into making ALL the current armor sets for the new race as well as slowing down future projects as well? No thanks.

lol. Then Anet shouldn’t have created Guild Wars 2. If they’re not planning on expanding on the universe the way it should be expanded, then they shouldn’t have even made an mmo.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

GW2 needs equal size representation among races

Screw representation! Stone Dwarves are incapable of reproduction and their numbers are twindling to the eventual extinction…

Unless ANet changes something about them and adds them, I don’t believe dwarves are gonna become playable, ever.

Only species that has more chances of becoming playable, is Tengu at this moment…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

(edited by FrostSpectre.4198)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

GW2 needs equal size representation among races, and playable Dwarves would fill this gaping hole perfectly.

Norn and Charr large.

Human and Sylvari medium.

Asura small…

For any naysayers…

Yes, playable Dwarves are possible to make so let’s not go there. I can provide a counter argument for any and all opposing arguments.

Thank you for reading this awesome suggestion about playable Dwarves!

‘Tis better to have loved a short than never to have loved a’tall. But that doesn’t mean dwarves should be a playable race either.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Eragon.8234

Eragon.8234

If Dwarves were brought in as a playable race, do you know how many people would start playing axe/axe warrior(me included)? Just because of The Hobbit/LOTR.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

+1 x a million to this!

With their distributed intelligence: Skritt can only play in 40+ Zerg

If they meet an oponent without 40+ zerg, they fall in 10min fear or till they run into a zerg,

They have no armor (skins) only their base outfit.

Don’t give me this garbage. With the average intelligence that we have of the average player right now, Skritt fit in perfectly!

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Nebelparder.3751

Nebelparder.3751

Skritt are stupid if alone. Don’t get me wrong i like storys around Skritt pirate ships etc but as a playable race.. just no.
For Dwarves i feel the same. I like storys about them as this mysterious race from the past, but i don’t like them as playable.
If we rly need a new race, i would love to see a Cantha expansion with the Tengu. With all the tension between Tengu and Human in Cantha i could imagine some nice conversations.

Posted by: Chyanne Waters.8719

Chyanne Waters.8719

The Dwarves in Guildwars were turned to stone by a spell to fight a champion for Primordus called the Great Destroyer. Now the Great Dwarf and Great Destroyer had Met in the Past. The Dwarves had told stories about it for years. When the Great Destroyer was too much of a threat the Dwarves used the Power of the Great Dwarf and were turned to stone. It also changed their mind set all they wanted to do was kill destroyers nothing else mattered to them. That is why Ogden Stonehealer did not participate in the ritual. That did not matter though eventually he turned to stone too. He did however keep his mind. Once they are turned they can never go back and if they fall apart they are literally the living dead, of course without the attacking people for flesh. Also I never saw any Female Dwarves in Guildwars.

Anet does not seem to want what all the other MMO’s have they want to be DIFFERENT. This is how the Asurans were created not to replace anything, but to not be like anything anyone else has. Well with exception of Yoda lol. Same with the Sylvari They have done Tree like people before, but the Sylvari have their own style to them. Everyone seems to compare them with dark or wood elves. The beauty of the Sylvari is the ability to incorporate their skin color to their armor color and make some nice contrasting color combos on them.

Also I know instead of Dwarves how about OOOMMPA LOOOMMPA? those would be perfect. And they have never been done before in an MMO perfect time to implement them.

(edited by Chyanne Waters.8719)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Also I never saw any Female Dwarves in Guildwars.

Sure you did. They were the ones with beards.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Also I never saw any Female Dwarves in Guildwars.

Sure you did. They were the ones with beards.

Ogden Stonehealer: “How do you know you haven’t already met a female dwarf? Eh? Eh?”

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

From past Anet statements I believe that they are already planning to add another playable race.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

maybe a mini game in the next exp involving tossing???

Swagger.1459

maybe a mini game in the next exp involving tossing???

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tKrei80jBg8

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

From past Anet statements I believe that they are already planning to add another playable race.

That’s gonna need a link with a source. In fact I have heard the complete opposite.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

No they’re all gone.
And we don’t need new races, we need more polish on what we already have. The vast amount of effort to make a new race is far better spent on Armor scaling fixes on Charr, Sylvari males and Asura, creating unique animations for Sylvari and Norn (Norn male visual improvement overall would be nice too so they actually look bada**) and possibly even adding class/race specific dances and more emotes.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)