Playable Quaggans

Playable Quaggans

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Flubbernaut.9584

Flubbernaut.9584

So this is a topic I’ve held close to my heart for a very long time. The ability to wreck Zhaitan with a quaggan weilding a greatsword as bodies of risen drop around me while I rise from the ashes of Arah.

“But quaggans aren’t a vicious race! They don’t like conflict!” You see here, heartless person who doesn’t understand the awesomness of quaggans, Shashoo and Baroosh have already proven themselves in the Heart of Maguuma! It wouldn’t be impossible for another quaggan to do the same!

“But ArenaNet might not have the resources to make quaggan characters! We’ll need a new capital, leveling maps, and new voice actors to voice the new missions! How will we do that?!” Well, many players are already wanting a new race, such as Koda or Tengu, but i would argue for Quaggans! Why? Because quaggans are cooler than them. The Tengu are secluded, the Koda are dying off, but the quaggans! They are amazingness!

“But if quaggans are added, new content updates what be available. Resources will have to be put towards quaggans, and not new maps or a compelling story. New dungeons may not be added, and the gameplay will be stake and boring!” Shut up. Quaggans.

So now that I have thoroughly gone through every argument with logic and reasoning, the question remains. Why don’t we have quaggan playable characters? Surely, there can be NOTHING wrong with such an addition?

Playable Quaggans

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The day I see a Quaggan wearing something like this is the day I start drinking heavily, because only alcohol can remove the memory and kill the pain.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Playable Quaggans

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Pass.

Playable Quaggans

Posted by: Chaos.5072

Chaos.5072

No.

/thead

Playable Quaggans

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Playable Quaggans

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Although there are many who think it’d be Bad Ice to play as a Quaggan, it is important to remember there’ll be even more people Enraged and Unashamed to leave GW2 in a mass Evacuation. ANet knows this, and to be Forewarned is Forearmed against having to fight their own real-life Battle of Claw Island to retain their players.

My advice is to simply enjoy the fishy soup of Quaggan-related quests, without trying to make them the main course. This brings out the best flavor in the GW2 meal. (Meatoberfest-inspired wisdom from me to you).

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Playable Quaggans

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

My only question is would playable Quaggin chars still get to use the quaggin backpacks or would they get their own special version where they can choose any other playable race instead?

Oh and – Skritt not Quaggins! :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Playable Quaggans

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

I would love to see more playable races, and yeah, Quaggan is at the top of my list in that regard.

Playable Quaggans

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

Would rather see Skritt as playable.

Playable Quaggans

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

I’d like to recommend that the OP buy an Endless Mystery Quaggan Tonic, or just an Endless Quaggan Tonic of the color quaggan they prefer to play as, and carry a large assortment of consumable weapons.

This might sound like a silly workaround, and it totally is, but some guildies and I have had countless hours of fun playing as warrior quaggans (or warrior kitties with Endless Cat Tonics) roaming the Tyrian countryside, fighting world bosses or completing events or just generally wreaking silly havoc while armed with a plethora of different oddities.

It can be highly entertaining to have a group of tiny kittens running through and completing a map while equipped with charrzookas or bandit bombs or, heck, planks. Sure, the damage those things do is significantly less than you’d be capable of doing with your actual class build, but it’s still possible to complete a lot of content with a small group of 3 or 4 guildies using consumable weapons while in tonic form… and realistically, most quaggan aren’t that tough anyway, so it makes reasonable sense in terms of lore.

One downside, however, is that a lot of content is unable to be played in this manner, as many tonics and consumables don’t work within instances. So no killing Zhaitan in Arah story as quaggans, unfortunately.