Players Grovel (and would pay) for 3 requests

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mech.2905

Mech.2905

On June 17, 2014 a number of players swarmed an Anet Dev to grovel at her feet. These humble players were desperate and had only three requests:

1) Put the aviators back in the gem store

2) Tune the game’s instruments to be in the same key.

3) bring back formal and official GvG

While the latter two were a much requested items, the former was so enticing that players from all around the mists joined to make it become a reality. Anet has yet to make a statement on the issue, but the attached picture shows just how much support the requests have garnered.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Actually, I would have done just about anything in the effin world today just to have a server channel, that only your server can see, when I needed an all-call to our Borderlands in WvW earlier. Anything. But I ended up going to LA and doing it in map chat anyway, even though this meant our enemies hearing it too, that’s how badly we needed to rally.

Server chat channel, Anet. Server chat. Make it happen.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Well Michael, you’ve forgotten one thing.

Swimsuits.

We want them.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Well I am sure many want those things, but I personally don’t care one bit about those things. Not against them mind you. Just kinda don’t care.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Not bothered about any of those things. Sorry.
I’m even less enamoured by the idea of paying to have these things implemented.

What I want to see are useful, functioning features like a proper block function that removes everything associated with a blocked user – whispers, emotes, mail, guild chat visibility and even visibility in general. Additionally, by blocking someone, they should not be able to ‘follow’ me and see where I am in-game.

Also, for RP purposes (not as though Anet actually gives a toss about RP), additional visibility toggles for other armour pieces. Since Anet decided that customisable town clothes are now out of the picture and armour transumations will now cost even more than before, there’s few options less for customising our characters except through overpriced gem store items. Then again, Anet has already said no to toggleable boots so there’s no chance on them implementing any other switches.

No, I would not pay for either of these to be implemented though.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

“2) Tune the game’s instruments to be in the same key.”

This is not how instruments work. Different instruments are set in different keys intentionally.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

1) Nobody cares, pretty much all gemstore items rotate through eventually.

2) Nobody cares, everyone has those annoying-kitten instruments muted anyway.

3) That I’ll give you. It is “Guild Wars”, after all, guilds should be able to go to war.

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

This is not how instruments work. Different instruments are set in different keys intentionally.

Shhhhhhhhhh! don’t spoil the fun with common logic. I just made myself popcorn!

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Shhhhhhhhhh! don’t spoil the fun with common logic. I just made myself popcorn!

Awwww but I was looking forward to explaining in a long drawn out manner! Then again, that requires me to think…

Pass me that popcorn!

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Don’t think I have ever groveled for anything in my life, and I absolutely don’t think what you posted as being things necessary to play.

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Instead of trying to turn us into something like lotto ticket scratching junkies with the BL chests, they could instead sell the weapon skins directly on the gem store like they use to do. Or something even crazier, they could give us the option to unlock the entire weapon set in our wardrobe for $10-$20.

Never going to happen though

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I would be more happy if they tuned them to not work in the hands of the unskilled…..Thank ANET for the silence instruments setting.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I would be more happy if they tuned them to not work in the hands of the unskilled…..Thank ANET for the silence instruments setting.

Well…. only so much that they can do there. I mean, yes it’s a game (so we can shut the sound off), but it’s not really any different than people that pick up instruments and play them horribly in real life.

Yargesh.4965

Well…. only so much that they can do there. I mean, yes it’s a game (so we can shut the sound off), but it’s not really any different than people that pick up instruments and play them horribly in real life.

Real life has tomatoes for a reason.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

We would grovel and pay for a simple free waypoint to our racial home cities, and we have been asking for nigh on 2 years and we don’t have one.

Pray to the god of Brick Wall Over There. It is listening more than Anet is.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

rofl

You mean they have uses other than to be sliced and put on bread with miracle whip after being freshly picked? gasp

;)

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

On June 17, 2014 a number of players swarmed an Anet Dev to grovel at her feet. These humble players were desperate and had only three requests:

1) Put the aviators back in the gem store

2) Tune the game’s instruments to be in the same key.

3) bring back formal and official GvG

While the latter two were a much requested items, the former was so enticing that players from all around the mists joined to make it become a reality. Anet has yet to make a statement on the issue, but the attached picture shows just how much support the requests have garnered.

I dont see much support for those things in your pictures, nothing in map chat, nothing in say chat.
You are greatly exxagerating here.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Not bothered about any of those things. Sorry.
I’m even less enamoured by the idea of paying to have these things implemented

I’m with you. I couldn’t give a toss about any of those, and I would not pay money for any of them. Ok, I can see that proper GvG needs to be implemented because it is such a large part of the WvW endgame, but I would not pay for it.

While they’re at it? Guild commander tags. Thanks.

While we’re on the topic of “paying for content”, this thread is the direct result of the Anet/NCSoft decision to monetize “missed content”. Now people seem to think that “paying for content” is the new normal, despite the fact that it is the “old normal”.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

(edited by Herr der Friedhoefe.2490)

Yargesh.4965

rofl

You mean they have uses other than to be sliced and put on bread with miracle whip after being freshly picked? gasp

;)

That is the strangest bruschetta recipe I have ever heard of.

Posted by: Mech.2905

Mech.2905

While this is true, common real life instruments can play every note on the chromatic scale. Since the in-game instruments cannot play sharps and flats, it is impossible for them to be able to play together for most songs (few exceptions exist). Thus, for game purposes, the instruments need to be tuned to the same key in order to play together.

Drops Mic