Players pinging their loot

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

ehh dont get why ppl see these conspiracy theories about the luck in game and the rng.

Posted by: hgkmaxymus.9321

hgkmaxymus.9321

Well… 800+ Teqs and only got 1 hoard

How about that? xD

This is MADNESS!!!

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

I’m more annoyed by ppl linking the precursor and it’s mats before throwing it in the mystic toilet in LA, and then proceed to link the legendary…

Too bad. We’re proud of the months we’ve spent building our legendaries, and enjoy showing off at the moment.

^^; Making a legendary to try to get praise or the envy of others might not be the best reason to make them.

The kitten ping wars are just silly

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m more annoyed by ppl linking the precursor and it’s mats before throwing it in the mystic toilet in LA, and then proceed to link the legendary…

Too bad. We’re proud of the months we’ve spent building our legendaries, and enjoy showing off at the moment.

^^; Making a legendary to try to get praise or the envy of others might not be the best reason to make them.

The kitten ping wars are just silly

I think you misunderstood. The poster didn’t make the legendary to get either praise nor envy. They made it because they wanted it and they were proud of their efforts.

If you don’t think much of the accomplishment, you need do nothing more than ignore the moment — like all moments, it passes quickly.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

You’re not gonna prevent people to show they were lucky.

I’d rather have them hold off a little on timegated + RNG content, because this is simply the worst for completionnists.

Like seriously, getting the whole Tequalt set is just pain, and not in a funny way. I wish they were giving more options to get the unique skins…

Miku.6297

I think you misunderstood. The poster didn’t make the legendary to get either praise nor envy. They made it because they wanted it and they were proud of their efforts.

If you don’t think much of the accomplishment, you need do nothing more than ignore the moment — like all moments, it passes quickly.

So to be proud of their efforts they need to ping the materials and then the legendary in map chat? The part that goes away from simply being proud of their efforts is when it’s stated they “enjoy showing off”.

I completely agree; that type of moment passes very fast, that’s why I said making one for that type of moment really isn’t the best plan.

Posted by: Purgatori.3645

Purgatori.3645

You keep saying that you cant get in game gold to get what you want. But I dont understand how this can be the case.

1. Do your daily acheivements = 2 gold
2. Your daily log in will equal 20 mystic coins = 18-20 gold , and 55 laurels that can be exchanged for heavy crafting bags. 3 mats per bag = 80 silver to 1 gold
3. Do the world boss train = 8-10 gold daily
4. Flip loot on the trading post or salvage rares for ecto and sell it back to the trading post. Gold attained will vary.
5. Do as many meta events as possilbe.

Im sorry … I understand that players getting loot you are coveting can be frustrating. But be active in your want or need to have certain loot There is no reason that you cant hammer out some of the suggestions in this thread and come out on top, whether you get what you are after, or not.

When life knocks you down, roll over and look at the stars.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

So to be proud of their efforts they need to ping the materials and then the legendary in map chat? The part that goes away from simply being proud of their efforts is when it’s stated they “enjoy showing off”.

Again, you’re misunderstanding. When someone is proud of their accomplishment, they like to share their happiness with others. That’s why there’s an age old tradition of parents (usually fathers) handing out cigars to everyone in sight when they learn they have a new child. They don’t have a baby to pass out cigars.

I completely agree; that type of moment passes very fast, that’s why I said making one for that type of moment really isn’t the best plan.

And again, you’ve confused the moment with the journey and the future. They aren’t making the legendary for the moment — they are making it because they want to; they are simply sharing the moment of triumph.

So, once again, if that doesn’t make sense to you, just ignore it.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Miku.6297

Again, you’re misunderstanding. When someone is proud of their accomplishment, they like to share their happiness with others. That’s why there’s an age old tradition of parents (usually fathers) handing out cigars to everyone in sight when they learn they have a new child. They don’t have a baby to pass out cigars.

They are celebrating the moment, I completely understand, what you are missing is the “enjoy showing off”. Are the fathers happy and sharing the moment , or are they enjoying showing off?

I’m not saying i have a problem with it, or don’t understand the various reasons why it’s done. I’m simply saying showing off isn’t a good motivating factor. Please keep in mind the post I responded to specificely stated they enjoyed “showing off at the moment”.

And again, you’ve confused the moment with the journey and the future. They aren’t making the legendary for the moment — they are making it because they want to; they are simply sharing the moment of triumph.

And again, you’ve assumed something incorrect. I said making one for that moment isn’t the best idea. If showing the item off is the main reason a person is making it, that might not be the best reason. That is actually a motivating factor for some people, I simply don’t agree with it

Posted by: Moonyeti.3296

Moonyeti.3296

They are celebrating the moment, I completely understand, what you are missing is the “enjoy showing off”. Are the fathers happy and sharing the moment , or are they enjoying showing off?

I’m not saying i have a problem with it, or don’t understand the various reasons why it’s done. I’m simply saying showing off isn’t a good motivating factor. Please keep in mind the post I responded to specificely stated they enjoyed “showing off at the moment”.

And again, you’ve assumed something incorrect. I said making one for that moment isn’t the best idea. If showing the item off is the main reason a person is making it, that might not be the best reason. That is actually a motivating factor for some people, I simply don’t agree with it

As a father myself, I ask why can’t it be both? You can take it as showing off, or you can take it as wanting to share their happiness with others and have other people happy for them. I didn’t have my daughter just for bragging, but you better believe I “bragged” (shared my enthusiastic happiness) to anyone around when she was born. We are empathic creatures, we like sharing AND receiving praise.

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

I particularly love when people ping an item and say nothing else. No context. So I’m just like… [Silence].

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I find it annoying when people do this. Noone actually cares except the person trying to show off.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

As a father myself, I ask why can’t it be both? You can take it as showing off, or you can take it as wanting to share their happiness with others and have other people happy for them. I didn’t have my daughter just for bragging, but you better believe I “bragged” (shared my enthusiastic happiness) to anyone around when she was born. We are empathic creatures, we like sharing AND receiving praise.

I’m about to set an example:

[Baby Girl]

Congratulations!

. . .It’s not that hard, honest.

Really though, glad you’re a proud and enthusiastic parent.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Miku.6297

I’m not saying we can’t have both. I’m saying if it is only being done for the reason of receiving praise, then it may not be the best decision.

Not to take merit from the conversion but, is making a legendary really on the same level as having a baby? I mean I know things are important on different levels to different people but to me the former is a MUCH more memorable, exciting, and happy time then making an item in a game (thats just me though)… This would be more along the lines of doing an art project for a few months and showing off the finished product. Which is of course great as well, if the project was undertaken for the love of art, or desire to create/make it and not made just to garner attention.

Of course people like sharing and receiving praise, but sharing something exciting and or happy isn’t exactly the same as showing off.

(edited by Miku.6297)

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

I find it annoying when people do this. Noone actually cares except the person trying to show off.

since many people have already said in this thread that they do like seeing other people celebrate success you are incorrect when you say ‘no-one’. Ever heard of the term generosity of spirit? its the soul food of friendly mmorpg. As for showing off, ofc they are showing off, that’s the point of getting shiny things, and you can either be miserable about it or share the pleasure.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

since many people have already said in this thread that they do like seeing other people celebrate success you are incorrect when you say ‘no-one’. Ever heard of the term generosity of spirit? its the soul food of friendly mmorpg.

Yeah when people just completed their first legendary and ping it in map chat being like, “Look what I just made!” I am totally happy for them. What’s more annoying, though, is when people ping things to brag or to put down the achievements of others.

You ever sit in Lion’s Arch when someone says how they just completed a legendary and then you have another person who pings 4 of theirs? That’s super annoying. haha. And possibly even discouraging to the player, or a challenge, maybe, depending on how you look at it.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

That is annoying. I can’t say I have seen that but it is nothing block can’t handle.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

since many people have already said in this thread that they do like seeing other people celebrate success you are incorrect when you say ‘no-one’. Ever heard of the term generosity of spirit? its the soul food of friendly mmorpg.

Yeah when people just completed their first legendary and ping it in map chat being like, “Look what I just made!” I am totally happy for them. What’s more annoying, though, is when people ping things to brag or to put down the achievements of others.

You ever sit in Lion’s Arch when someone says how they just completed a legendary and then you have another person who pings 4 of theirs? That’s super annoying. haha. And possibly even discouraging to the player, or a challenge, maybe, depending on how you look at it.

ye that’s not generosity of spirit is it, quite the opposite.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

We are all in this together. Every one of us against the demon RNG. Some, certainly, to a lesser extent than others. Pinging a good drop is sharing the good news that our side won a battle against the demon. Rejoice in OUR victory and be heartened that more such victories may come, and be shared, in the future.

Posted by: Kerivek.5740

Kerivek.5740

It’s crazy to me that some people actually get upset that other people are getting items that they are proud of. I understand if someone is linking an item purely with the intention of one upping someone or downplaying another player’s achievement…but someone linking something because they are excited they got something they have been trying for…why be anything but happy for them?

They are not setting you back or stopping you from getting loot. It isn’t their fault that you haven’t gotten what you are after so why be mad at them for getting what you want? If anything I think it should be motivation…a reminder that it happens and you just need to wait for your chance.

Miku.6297

If anything I think it should be motivation…a reminder that it happens and you just need to wait for your chance.

^^; Not saying that it makes me mad, it’s just some of us have been reminded and motivated to wait for our chance for years and not gotten it :P

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

My god, do you realize how you sound? If you rage at such a small thing…well then, you have much bigger problems waiting for you…

pro tips: calm down and grow up.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat