Players with Titles: YOUR impression(s)?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Just some food for thought.

Many players choose to wear titles for various or any reasons, whether it be they feel genuinely entitled to it, prestige, silly purposes or they generally enjoy that specific title.

So here’s some questions regarding players and their titles:

• What is your favorite UNLOCKED title you don in this game (optional: why)?
  • If you could choose to wear ANY title what would it be?
  • Pick a title you genuinely respect when you see a player with it and give a reason why this title reflects a positive feeling.
  • Pick a title you dislike seeing on a player and provide a reason why this title impacts you negatively.
  • Make up ONE title you would like to see implemented into the game and provide a brief description/objective on how to obtain it or why you would like to see it as a new title to obtain.

Feel free to discuss this topic and/or share your ideas/interests in regards to titles. have fun!

Here’s an example:

• Favorite unlocked title: Twice-Told Legend
  • If I could have any title I would don Yakslapper as it gives me a laugh
  • When I see the title Loyal I know that player has been around for a while and still enjoys playing the game
  • I dislike seeing the title The Be-All and the End-All as it’s a mouthful and it’s too common
  • If I could make up a title I would dedicate it to dyes. Unlocking an X amount of dyes/all current dyes would yield the title of To Dye For or possibly Dye Hard. Something humorous!

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

I can’t really be bothered with titles in GW2

Titles don’t feel as exclusive or awesome as gw1 (maybe because gw1 titles were a lot harder to get).

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Titles don’t feel as exclusive or awesome as gw1 (maybe because gw1 titles were a lot harder to get).

Posted by: Subutex.2416

Subutex.2416

My favorite so far is The Blazing Light because most my characters are the bright and glowy type and killing Liadri back then was quite the achievement for me.
I dislike and never use Dungeon Master because people can simply buy it.
Silverwastes legendary monsters’ titles are some of the best (in terms of coolness) but lack meaning because it’s just another effortless title.

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

I love my Sanctum Sprinter title as I have absolutely zero chance of ever getting that title again since having so much trouble with lightning pulls.

Golden is probably one of my favourites that I like to see, just because it’s simple and lovely. Just a shame it’s so easy to get – even I have it and I’m always broke lol

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Ah yes, I suppose that makes a difference.

I did buy GW1 but when I made an account and started to play.. it felt like a ghost-town. Little to no players and if there were they must’ve been AFK or what not therefore I lost interest and haven’t touched it since.

But agreed; titles in the first game would feel better appreciated and earned.

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

fav. unlocked title: dungeoneer
If I could have any title I’d get Gwamm because it’s really cool.
I don’t really look at people’s title.
I dislike seeing dungeon master as it’s basically bragging for being a master at something because you did it once.
If I could make up a title it’d be something towards high level encounters, or possibly a fractal master kind of thing, something exclusive.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

My favorite unlocked title is dungeoneer.
I would add fractal collection that has all rings (infused and normal), all weapons and fractal tonic that would reward player with 3 ap and title “Slave of RNG” or something like that lol.

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

• Favorite unlocked title: GWAMM (“God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals”)
  • If I could have any title I would still wear the GWAMM one.
  • I used to genuinely respect other players with the GWAMM title, because we share a common gaming history and it likely means they have been around for a while. I’ve said “used to” because currently I can no longer tell who got the title legit and who did not due to a still unresolved bug.
  • I dislike seeing the Dungeon Master title because there is nothing masterful attached to obtaining it. Could have bought paths or getting carried through them by others.
  • If I could make up a title it would be something involving deaths or downed-state: Possibly something like Floor Mopper or Wannabe Zerker.

Generally speaking, I like when other players display some kind of title. The title together with the characters class and appearance can potentially tell a lot about the person.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I love my Sanctum Sprinter title as I have absolutely zero chance of ever getting that title again since having so much trouble with lightning pulls.

Golden is probably one of my favourites that I like to see, just because it’s simple and lovely. Just a shame it’s so easy to get – even I have it and I’m always broke lol

I got Golden, but I never use it. Why advertise to hackers who they should be stealing money from? =P

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

Honors in Applied Jumping – A rememberance to my happy days in the world of SAB
(no this is not a BRING BACK SAB post I use that title on all my toons >.>)

Posted by: Kedarrian.2905

Kedarrian.2905

The only title i respect seeing is Dungeoneer (I didnt play GW1 so dont appreciate the titles). Dungeoneer doesn’t sound awesome compared with say ‘The Annihilator’ but it means so much more.

I agree with previous comments on Dungeon Master really not counting for much. I interpret someone wearing it as saying the feel confident about all Dungeons because if i had that title, i still wouldnt wear it if I didn’t feel so. But that’s just my outlook. Inherently, it’s not an impressive title.

As for my titles, i’ve tended to use whichever phrase i like the sound of rather than making a statement about my in game play. If i want to try and look accomplished, I’ll use Wurms Bane, I consider that about the best I have.

Most titles are too easy to acquire to carry much meaning.

(edited by Kedarrian.2905)

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

• Favourite unlocked: The Magnanimous because I think highly of the notion.
  • I want to have the Legendary Champion title.
  • Respected title: Been there done that, and Legendary Champion because they both require a great deal of effort.
  • Disliked title: Twice-told Legend because it represents a disgusting amount of available time, luck, money and extravagance.
  • Title want created: The Righteous because I think highly of the notion. Obtaining it should require completing several other titles, for instance Combat Healer and other in-game activities/achievements such as completing the personal story, helping that kid finish his snowman, and any other do-goody stuff. No brainer, really.

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Favourite = Honourary Skritt and Finders Keepers.

I like that they are a little cheeky (especially Finders Keepers because I main Mesmer), and if I could make a playable skritt character I would. If I could choose to wear any title it would still be one of those two.

I respect titles which require serious effort and time investment, like Champion Brawler.

I dislike seeing “Legendary Champion” or similar “awesome” looking titles that are absolutely meaningless. There are too many of these around to count and I find them ridiculous.

I would like a title based on the Dye collection, with a suitable cheeky/funny name as you have mentioned in the OP.

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

Fashion Collector / The emperor
because Fashion is the meta. My dungeon run are “Px zerk exp high fashion or kick” and i kick the uglies. ;x

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

•Distinction in Applied Jumping, because this was the original SAB title and while World 2 was fun the introduction was the best.
•One of the nontournament based PvP titles like Gladiator, Mercenary, Reaper, because I will never earn those .
•God Walking Amongst Meer Mortals because I can’t stand GW enough to get the fourth point in Hall of Monuments, let alone 30 to get all the gear, let alone the 50 needed for that title.
•Hero of Lion’s Arch kind of rubs me the wrong way because it’s silly. Everyone that was there, and that is a lot of people, is the hero, and at the same time no one is.
•My favorite title which often seems to show up in games is Sniper. I would like to see a game in Lion’s Arch associated with the targets set up in the bay and if you can get top score in the game you get the title Sniper.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

I unlocked GWAMM a long time ago and it felt like a major achievement. At least in GW1, titles had a sense of prestige and wasn’t thrown around as a reward as easily as in GW2.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

I don’t actually notice titles in this game.

I used to be a big title collector in WoW, but in this game I hardly care cus you barely see them.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

blazing light… cause thats so far the only title that actually pushed me to the edge and forced me to L2P my class and also make a build myself that works… not only for liadri but for the whole game. Serves to me as a reminder to git gud and stay gud. Since i got that title i drastically improved from a guy who didnt really knew what he did or cared much about it to somebody who does arah solo runs and all just cause liadri whiped, waxed and polished the floor with my face and i couldnt let this one get away with it. I wait for my next liadri like encounter a-net.. make it happen in HoT…

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

i got a dozen titles that i don’t even know how i got. i don’t use any of them. it makes you an easier focus in wvw though. :P

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

Fave title I have- Dungeoneer, because it is the one that took me a lot of effort (that and legendary champion)

If I could have any title, I would have ultimate dominator even though I rarely wvw, because it really shows your dedication to it to get 250k kills.

I respect titles like ultimate dominator, legendary champion, Dungeoneer and illustrious achiever because they are (fairly) rare and hard to get and show your commitment to an aspect of the game.

I think a fun title would be to die a set amount of times. I would have three titles for each 1k, 5k and 10k deaths.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

…snip
If I could have any title, I would have ultimate dominator even though I rarely wvw, because it really shows your dedication to it to get 250k kills…. snip

Unless you run obsidian sanctum and use the other server to “help” you farm kills. I got 100k kills the old fashioned way of actually playing WvW and when I do finally get that title I won’t wear it.

OT: my favorite one is combat healer because it very simple to get and shows others you are willing to help out when needed.

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

I currently use Heralded Achiever since i just recently got it.

I would like to have The Blazing Light since its difficult to get

I like to see TBL due to that fact

I’m not a huge fan of Mist Treader, due to how easiliy it was to get it (not that i really see it).

I think the Wurms Bane title should have been named the same as the achievement: Wurmicidal Maniac. I would totally wear that.

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

• Favorite: God Walking Among Mere Mortals.
    • Why? Because is the one that better describes the character that dons it. He was alive back in GW1, and he’s actually the very same character that earned the title in GW1, although he has been taking the identity of orphans deceased in wars and cataclysms and the like over the years, keeping the secret by making his previous identity adopt the new identity to keep his wealth and nobility titles. He is keeping it a secret because he doesn’t know why he doesn’t age anymore. Probably only someone in the Order of Whispers suspect anything about it. And he joined the Priory to have a chance to look at the stuff stored there, since there may be something who belonged to him back when he lived in Ascalon that may explain his situation.
  • Want? It depends on the character. For example, my asura usually show “Champion Genius”, charr usually have “Champion legionaire”, thieves “Shadow” or “Dark Traveler”, my sylvari necromancer has “Rift Warden”, and my revenants will probably have titles with the word “Mists” in them, and so on.
  • Like? I don’t care much about the titles other players have. I just use them as part of the theme of the character.
  • Dislike? The Blazing Light. Well, not the title, but the attitude of some players about it. I’m yet to find anyone who didn’t get it by using some build gimmick, yet they act as if they got it with actual skill rather than following some cheap guide.
  • Design: “Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better” and “I Can Do Anything Better Than You”.
    • “Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better” is actually 9 titles, one per profession, the achievement includes the name of the profession, but not each title, because the title is unique in that only characters of the professions that have unlocked their respective title can show it.
      Each one is unlocked by performing a series of actions. Effects from combos, sigils, runes and environmental weapons also count. The list of actions includes but is not limited to:
      • Dealing each condition.
      • Giving each boon at least to oneself.
      • Causing each control effect.
      • Getting Invulnerability, Quickness and Stealth.
      • Summoning a creature.
      • Defeating every world boss in the game.
      • Completing every dungeon path.
      • World completion.
    • “I Can Do Anything Better Than You” is unlocked by unlocking all 9 versions of “Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better”.
SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

Favorite unlocked title: Dungeoneer

If I could have any title: GWAMM, it’s the title that shows you’ve put in the most work (or did before it got broken with the last update )

I dislike seeing: All 5 of the Silverwastes titles, they’re all really cool titles and should not have been given for something as easy as killing 1 open world boss with a zerg. Zero effort required.

If I could make up a title I would make: A Guildwars 2 version of GWAMM, would need a lot of limitations and several new ultra difficult titles though xD.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

Posted by: Crysto.7089

Crysto.7089

What is your favorite UNLOCKED title you don in this game (optional: why)?
Southsun Stalwart. Memories from back when living story was on track to be something great.

If you could choose to wear ANY title what would it be?
Yakslapper

Pick a title you genuinely respect when you see a player with it and give a reason why this title reflects a positive feeling.
GWAMM. A fellow GW1 vet. You don’t “accidentally” get GWAMM. Takes a ton of time and dedication.

Pick a title you dislike seeing on a player and provide a reason why this title impacts you negatively.
Don’t take titles seriously enough to care.

Make up ONE title you would like to see implemented into the game and provide a brief description/objective on how to obtain it or why you would like to see it as a new title to obtain.
Multi-tiered title for completing all the jumping puzzles/explorer achievements. The best content the game has to offer deserves some recognition
Bushwhacker, Pathfinder, Trailblazer

#1 Commander/Player NA: Promotions

Posted by: Seishiro.7468

Seishiro.7468

“the blazing light” and “the emperor”, the first one, because it reminds me of the glory of defeating Liadry, back in queens gauntlet, and the emperor has the best sound to it, but in general I just use the latest titel I managed to get(working towards my PvP titels right now)

Can’t say that there is a titel I particullary dislike seeing.

“Trust in iron, not false gods” Karnar Ironclaw, Centurio of the Iron Legion

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

• Dislike? The Blazing Light. Well, not the title, but the attitude of some players about it. I’m yet to find anyone who didn’t get it by using some build gimmick, yet they act as if they got it with actual skill rather than following some cheap guide.

So what if some people found a build that helped beat her? It still takes some skill to beat it regardless. Have you never gone on metabattle to find a build? You’ve created every single one you’ve ever used? I hope that’s the case and you aren’t being hypocritical here.

And what constitutes a gimmick build? Swiftness and vigor? Piercing ranged attacks and AoE? Stun breakers and cleanses? It’s not even that kittence you figure out the floor pattern is really simple, then just kite in a circle and hit 11111111.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

The Be-All and The End-All is my current favorite. Why? No idea.

I never even look at other players’ titles, so I can’t say I respect anyone or think less of them based on their chosen title.

I want a title for finishing all the jumping puzzles, and I want said title to be Sir Jumps A Lot.

RoseofGilead.8907

GWAMM. A fellow GW1 vet. You don’t “accidentally” get GWAMM. Takes a ton of time and dedication.

Actually, some people did get that title accidentally a couple of weeks ago. :\ But I get what you mean.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Early on, while doing missions, members of my guild started making fun of me because I seemed to aggro every deer in the game – every time. The guild would be killing some bounty target and I’d be busy fending off the crazed pack of bambis trying to kill me.

So now, we assume they made the “Deer Commander” title just for me.

My favorite titles (and minis) are the ones that have nothing to do with how we got them, but that remind us (however indirectly) of things we’ve done together in game.

That said, I do like my mini Clockheart because it did require at least some effort to acquire.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

The title I wear is "Champion of the Gods’. because No one else has it, except me.

Posted by: met.9653

met.9653

One title i would love to get someday is ascended achiever. Thats the ultimate title you can get in this game and if i ever see someone with it i will know that this is true master of this game.
Im not especially proud of any title i got: the blazing light, legendary champion, heralded achivever. Its nothing special.

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

I like my Honorary Skritt title best because it reminds me of my goofy little pet rats, but I also like my legendary champion title. Lately I’ve been using the skritt one more though because it draws less attention and is cuter, lol. :P

I would like the Closer to the Stars title too, but idk if I would use it more than Honorary Skritt.

I think a “Skritt-Brained” title might be kinda cute too, but some people might take offense to it. xD

Posted by: Pyriel.4370

Pyriel.4370

Favorite unlocked title: Veteran, simple, time gated by 2 years so not everyone has it.

If I could have any title: Flameseeker, ever since Prophecies I’ve always loved that title/name.

When I see the title: GWAMM I respect the player to a degree, it was difficult, not as difficult as people put across (you had plenty of guilds who were basically existing to grind it out). It is kinda like the same amount of work as building 3-4 Legendaries.

I dislike seeing the title Ultimate Chaperone because of how much work it needs and what the title ends up being so the person who earnt it is unfortunate to me….I mean…..c’mon…..all that to be called a Chaperone? Suppose it is better than Ultimate Escort…..

If I could make up a title: Category Mastery Titles -

“All things bright and beautiful” for maxing the Slayer achievement category.

“Well Rounded Educator” for maxing Weapon Master category.

“I’ll take your one Moby and raise you..” for maxing Bosses category.

“THAT guy/gal” for maxing Community category.

RoseofGilead.8907

“All things bright and beautiful” for maxing the Slayer achievement category.

As a former church choir member and cantor, I chuckled at this. But now I kind of hate you because I have the John Rutter arrangement of that stuck in my head.

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

My favorite so far is The Blazing Light

I always really liked that one too because of how hard it is to earn. I have no idea how many times I did that last boss fight just to earn that title. I honestly cheered IRL.

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

Posted by: Nezia.8154

Nezia.8154

• What is your favorite UNLOCKED title you don in this game (optional: why)?
    Legendary Champion.
  • If you could choose to wear ANY title what would it be?
    God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals. I think this is the coolest title in game. Unfortunately, I didnt play gw1 so… Thanks for making me feel that I’m just a MERE MORTAL anet.
  • Pick a title you genuinely respect when you see a player with it and give a reason why this title reflects a positive feeling.
    1. Legendary Champion. Because I know that that I can depend on that player to be mechanically sound, and to be knowledgeable in combat whether in PvE or PvP.
    2. Champion <profession>. Because I know that they are gonna be at least decent with their class.
    3. Dungeoneer. Although begrudgingly. This title can be unlocked by running dungeons and through PvP reward tracks. I do nothing but dungeons and pvp and I know I couldve unlocked it but I simply refuse to use my dungeon tokens for armors and weapons I don’t like, and I NEVER bother with my reward tracks(it’s always on default). So I hold a grudging respect to those who have it.
  • Pick a title you dislike seeing on a player and provide a reason why this title impacts you negatively.
    1. Fashion Collector. It’s nothing to be proud of, I’ve unlocked it without even noticing. I think people who wear it are, sorry for the lack of better term, kindof shallow. Why not just make your toon look so fashionable that you don’t have to shout to the world that you are a Fashion Collector? And there are far more awesome titles than this, so why would you don this. Lol. Unless ofcourse if it is to warn your team mates in PvP that you are a noob with your class, then I’m with you on that coz I actually do that myself. Haha
    2. Mist Runner. Simply because I sometimes mistake it with Mist Walker and gives me a false sense of relief that my team mate in PvP could be decent. But no, they crushed my hopes. Lol
  • Titles that make me LOL
    1. Honorary Skritt. Because I think Skritts are funny.
    2. Crab Toss Champion. Because I keep imagining a big muscled guy tossing some poor crabs everywhere.
    3. Deer Commander. Because it could either mean you command deers or you are a deer who commands(just like my most favorite anime character, Chopper of One Piece). Both meanings are amusing.
  • I like the “Dye Hard” achievement you suggested. Haha I’d be working on that even if it would cost me a lot of gold! Haha
If you close your mind to new information, you are not being a productive member of the society.
You are the useless log of flesh we have to drag behind us as we move forward.

(edited by Nezia.8154)

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

1) What is your favorite UNLOCKED title you don in this game (optional: why)?

I normally use Champion Phantom on all my characters. I like the word champion on the title.

2) If you could choose to wear ANY title what would it be?

Champiom Phantom or Champiom Shadow.

3)Pick a title you genuinely respect when you see a player with it and give a reason why this title reflects a positive feeling.

I normaly dont judge people based on titles because they are solely based on pure grind. WvW titles = grind, spvp titles = grind (you can have a 5% win/loss and farm enough games to win 150), pve titles = grind, gw1 title = grind in gw1, etc..

4)Pick a title you dislike seeing on a player and provide a reason why this title impacts you negatively.

Combat healer. Normally combat healer = noob

5)Make up ONE title you would like to see implemented into the game and provide a brief description/objective on how to obtain it or why you would like to see it as a new title to obtain.

No idea for this one.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

(edited by xDudisx.5914)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

…maybe because gw1 titles were a lot harder to get.

That is not my memory. Titles in GW1 were either trivial or grindy as heck.

• Each of the faction/reputation titles requires repeating identical content.
  • Consumption titles involved tons of double-clicking and an egg timer (drunkard), although updates in the last 2-3 years made them easier.
  • Luck/Unlucky required even more repetition and grind than reputation. Or you sat AFK during festivals.
  • Wisdom requires manual identification of 10,000 golds. That’s 10,000 clicks, without managing the resulting inventory.

Most of these have equivalents in GW2: drunkard (lots of clicking), Cartographer (much simpler in GW2)

IMO, the only titles that were “difficult” rather than tedious/time-consuming were:

• Skill hunter, basically a scavenger hunt, on par with unlocking the cultural armors in GW2.
  • Guardian/Protector titles, which required completing all the missions in each campaign, roughly equivalent to Dungeon Master in GW2.
  • Cartographer, which was tedious too, but did require you master certain techniques. That learning process was interesting (although, of course, you had to keep going forever).
  • Survivor — done the ‘hard’ way, an interesting title. (Done the grindy way, not as bad as the others.)
  • Some of the PvP titles.

tl;dr the titles in GW1 took longer to get, but they weren’t any harder to get than the ones here. They took endurance and strong bladders rather than skill.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

Favorite unlocked title: Champ of the Gods , because i already had GWAMM in gw1 like almost every one (at the end of my gw1 time) and getting the 50/50 in HoM was the last fun thing i did in gw1

there is no gw2 titel i would like to have because all are meaningless and easy to get, wvw titels not included because of reasons

i cant imagine a titel that i want because i dont know what kind of hard content you would need to get it, maybe a titel for SAB tribunal mode hint,hint or something similar

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

My Champion of the Gods title. My Legendary Champion Title. My Acolyte of Dwayna title. My Omnomnivore is awesome. I love my Blazing Light title. All of my profession champion titles as well.

I am working on dungeoneer, but doing it in PvP so it will take me a while, but that one is pretty cool.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

I’m one of those people that would really like a way to just turn titles off entirely.

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

I like “The Blazing Light” because it sounds so cool.

I like “Deer Commander” in pvp, using the Deer finisher.

I like “Mist Walker” when roaming in WvW.

I like “The Magnanimous” in WvW, when I feel like downing players and letting them rez up.

I like “Dandy”, because… dandy.

I would like to have “Champion Illusionist”, because it’s in my opinion the “champion” title that best fits its profession.

edit: sorry, “Dandy” is actually the french translation for “Fashion collector”. It’s much, much better.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Any title I unlocked from playing guild was 1. My main has Legend of the Mist. My alts use the others that fist them. The titles in guild wars 2 for the most part seem quite easy to get. Thought I do like Emissary of the Mad King.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

RoseofGilead.8907

I hereby request that “Fashion Collector” be changed to “Dandy” for the English version. It sounds so much better.

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

Unlocked: Flameseeker (Closer to the Stars specifically on my Canthan-themed character). Before playing GW1, I didn’t bother to use titles at all. After I got GW1 last August, and started earning these titles, I changed my mind about them.

Any: GWAMM. I’m close, 27/30 titles (also 47/50 HoM points), and completed the one thing that worried me about completing it last night (Ooze Pit HM, 2 easy dungeons and a little cartography left to get Master of the North; then finish the Dwarven title and Sweet Tooth).

Respect: Dungeoneer, The Blazing Light, and SAB Applied Jumping titles. Dungeoneer since it requires a lot of either PvP or running dungeons to complete, and it looks nice. The Blazing Light since it was (aside from lifesteal through her shield) a decent challenge to finish. SAB titles because they required dedication and a good amount of platforming skill to earn. There is no title for Tribulation mode, so I respect those with Storm Wizard or King Toad weapons instead.

After the HoM+GWAMM bug is fixed, GWAMM would go up into this area as well.

Overused: No real opinion on this.

Add: A collection and title for “of the Mists” (Mesmer Phantasm) weapons. Tribulation Mode titles. A title for completing the story (since it’s in the dialog, but doesn’t actually give you a title). Balanced WvW titles, so that you can see dedicated WvW’ers. Maybe a meta-title for completing all the JP’s. A title for collecting all the non-gemstore pack dyes.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

• Titles, unfortunately have no meaning in GW2 like they did in GW1. If I recall correctly, I have over 30 titles on my account and couldn’t tell you what title any of my 5 characters are sporting.
  • If I could wear any title I guess it would be GWAMM as that actually was a ton of work in many different areas to achieve. Sadly I am at 49 out of the required 50 points with no plan to go back to GW1 so it will forever be beyond my reach.
  • God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals, see above
  • Least favorite title is : Golden since it requires no effort to get. Friend sends you gold, open email, accept all, waa laa you’re Golden.
  • Suggested title: Grand Master Crafter. Level all 8 Crafting skills to 500. I’m looking at you Jeweler and Chef

I have titles that I don’t even know what they mean or where I got them. How monumental of an achievement is that?

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

• Most Favored: Blazing Light
    It is one of the few titles, that require of the player realy Gaming Skills and Knowledge to get it
  • Wished Title: the Black Orchid (simplyfor my main Character as a unique Title)
    If meant for only existing titles I’d wish to have right now Acolyte of Dwayna but still need those darn two Dwayna Bows :/ If someone has too much gold and knows not what to do with it, I’d appreciate for gold donations to help me out for that title laugh
  • Respected Title: Any of the Achiever Ranks Titles, so higher, so more respected.
    When I see people,. with same as much or higher AP than me, I draw my hat >> Masterful Achiever so far
  • Disliked Title: Golden, theres nothing special about it to boast about it, that you ONCE have owned laughable 200 Gold, this title is no achievement, its simply somethign that you will automaticaly get sooner or later without any effort nor required Gaming Skills at all.
  • Wanted Generic Title: Queen/King of the Sanctum Sprint or “Disciple of the Zephiryte” – simply for maxing out all Achievements there as a new Meta Achievement that rewards that title for maxing all normal other Sanctum Sprint Achievements, as its the first activity that I maxed out as I’m an absolute Sanctum Sprint Pro, very oftenly unbeaten countless times in a row.
    however, since I maxed out everythign there, I have no interest in running it anymore, became too boring xD But Id like to have a title for maxing all achievements ther,e cause some other activities provide titles, so why not also Sanctum Sprint???
Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I like to use Miniature Collector on my asuras. I use Exotic Hunter because, well, aren’t we all? And my third favorite is The Sunbringer, because it sounds heroic.

I want the title Closer to the Stars. Just started playing GW1, so maybe I’ll have it some day.

I like seeing GWAMM. As I’m told it is difficult to achieve and represents people who have been loyal to the game for many years.

I dislike Twice Told Legend. Why should someone get a title for making two legendaries when I don’t get one for having six?

I would like to see a Bug Enthusiast title for the Ambrite weapon collection. It’s an achievement that can’t be bought and takes quite a bit of time to finish. It brought me to Dry Top and got me interested in PvP. And I really did feel like I accomplished something when I was done.