Playing The Game

Playing The Game

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Melankoli.9538

Melankoli.9538

Hello,

I’m playing GW2 for about a month now, I was still playing GW1 when second one got released, because the feedback i got from my friends was only negative (bugs, lags, dcs, crashes). Anyway, i went and installed the game to try it for myself and to move on from rather completely ‘dead’ community of GW1, ‘It can’t be worse’ I thought to myself while creating my femme fatale elementalist. AND IT ISN’T. This game is awesome. At first I was playing a lot, like 8 hours + per day, just to catch up with my friends without rushing and leveling up by crafting or something like that now I’m down to like 3-5 hours every other day. I did not skip one cut scene, was reading everything and enjoying my experience inside the game.
When i reached max level and became familiar with the character I started doing dungeons, all that stuff, Lost Shores update came out, which was really awesome experience (except of some dc’s during the event) , because I wasn’t there for the Halloween event. Since I did not read any reviews or insights on the game I found out about these legendary weapons myself. And here where it gets funny – personally for me. Since I’m playing with d/d ele I thought, oh well it would be nice to see how that legendary dagger looks. I went and googled it, oh well – its pretty cool. Then I scrolled down the page and I was struck by the magic – a list of materials so long that I even laughed a bit. And I didn’t laugh because I thought its stupid and requires grind or whatever, I laughed when I saw Ectos and Obsidian Shards. For those GW1 people who played for years – you know what I’m talking about. I went and closed the page, and simply started saving all the ectos I salvage in my bank, when I will have 400+ I will go and check what else i have collected during my gameplay, and buy whatever I’m missing. I don’t even know what legendary i will go for, maybe it won’t even be this character, or maybe they will add something more cool looking later on, I simply don’t care.
Here is my point for those who are still reading – people cry and throw stones towards Arena for making legendary weapons impossible for casual players. They are possible, everything is possible in this game for everyone – that’s the best part. You can play for 1 week without sleeping and then quit for 2 weeks, come back, and you will still be equal to everybody. These are the same things i loved about GW1, that and the dark atmosphere ofc. Point is – there were grinders and rushers and criers in the first game also, who rushed for everything which made them nervous, anxious and sad and all that. They got their Chaos Gloves, Obsidian Sets and whatever else they wanted, I also got them, only difference was, i got them 6 or more months later than they did, but items in the game did not cost me any real life money, they did not cost me any health or uncomfortability. Same thing will happen in this game, while i farm around the map, or pvp, or run some dungeons or do a jumping puzzle gathering materials all around me, selling items that are worth selling – i experience the game without any madness inside me, i go off when i want to, i come back online when i want as well. That is casual – that is how this game works and how all games work generally.
So bois and girlz if you are crying about not getting item in few weeks, which requires a long period of time to get, I suggest you stop caring about pixels and play the game for relaxation and fun, with your friends, or alone – it does not matter. Just please oh please stop pretending to be casual if you spam walls of text every gd day about how hard the game is how bugged it is and how normal of a player you are – please, if you do these things you clearly have some issues. You are the one playing the game, you are the one in control of yourself – its a game, quit it if you don’t like it. Normal people have bigger issues than getting a weapon skin with glow – and if its the problem that you are so focused on and can’t let go, maybe its time you took your time and went to see somebody.

Play the game, don’t get played by it. Then the all the related issues will disappear without any effort.

I hope to have opened eyes at least for one person.

Peace,

D.

Playing The Game

Posted by: greg.3792

greg.3792

The game is great at the start then it comes boring quickly.

There are many reasons with the game design that creates the quickly dulling experience.

But glad you love it.

Playing The Game

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

I’ve been playing it for hundreds of hours and still loving it. Glad that you like it too
The leveling experience is pleasant, dungeons if you find the right team for it are fun and there’s plenty of goals that you can set for yourself.