Playing again after a year and a half

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: WinteryRob.6789

WinteryRob.6789

My girlfriend and I decided to play Guild Wars 2 again, we never got very far beyond maybe level 15 at the time. But as I’m updating, I thought I’d ask if any kind of significant changes have happened since then. Anything worthy of note?

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

My girlfriend and I decided to play Guild Wars 2 again, we never got very far beyond maybe level 15 at the time. But as I’m updating, I thought I’d ask if any kind of significant changes have happened since then. Anything worthy of note?

Cash shop is end game. Everything else is so frustrating or unrewarding that it’s simpler to buy what you want.

Posted by: Denwic.2607

Denwic.2607

Tons of stuff changed. Most classes have had their annoying bugs fixed, WvW has had a bunch of QoL updates, a new armor tier has been added, and plenty of content has been added in the past year or so (along with existing content being, for the most part, bug free). You’ll figure it out as you go. Welcome back!

Cash shop is end game. Everything else is so frustrating or unrewarding that it’s simpler to buy what you want.

^ Don’t listen to this person, he’s obviously still hooked on the game, I mean, why else sit on the forums all day and spew hate?

Denwic – Level 80 Engineer – Gates of Fabulousness

(edited by Denwic.2607)

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Yea there are quite a ’’few’’ changes

• Fractals of the Mists
  • Tequatl Revamped and new World boss add(They need coordination unlike the rest of the World bosses.You can’t just zerg them).I finally started raiding again.I found a raiding guild and now every day i raid with it.Before this update i was really missing the raiding aspect.
  • New WvW map is added you should throw it a look.

Don’t listen to him.The gem shop has only fluffy stuff in it.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

(edited by moiraine.2753)

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

Yea there are quite a ’’few’’ changes

• Fractals of the Mists
  • Tequatl Revamped and new World boss add(They need coordination unlike the rest of the World bosses.You can’t just zerg them).I finally started raiding again.I found a raiding guild and now every day i raid with it.Before this update i was really missing the raiding aspect.
  • New WvW map is added you should throw it a look.

Don’t listen to him.The gem shop has only fluffy stuff in it.

And gold.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Dark Catalyst the cash shop doesn’t provide any massive advantage.
Yes you can buy gold with gems, but you would have to be throwing a LOT of cash at the game before that was useful. Even then it doesn’t give you any advantage.

Max stat gear is not difficult to come by and the game was designed with Exotics in mind – which can be found frequently as drops or crafted.

So yes, someone can basically buy ascended gear with money, but it doesn’t give them any advantage over normal players. They still have to level up to 80 to be able to use it, and during that leveling process people get pretty close to top stat gear anyway.

The cash shop is not end game. You can play the game without ever touching it.

Personally the only thing I’ve ever purchased from it are character slots, which doesn’t give me an advantage over anyone else, it just lets me make more Sylvari -_-

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Tons of stuff changed. Most classes have had their annoying bugs fixed, WvW has had a bunch of QoL updates, a new armor tier has been added, and plenty of content has been added in the past year or so (along with existing content being, for the most part, bug free). You’ll figure it out as you go. Welcome back!

^ Don’t listen to this person, he’s obviously still hooked on the game, I mean, why else sit on the forums all day and spew hate?

Or he is spewing truth and your fanboism is showing.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Or he is spewing mistruth and your bitterness is showing.

Wow! Unsubstantiated snark can cut both ways! Who knew?

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

Depends on what you consider worthy honestly.

They added progression mechanics…sort of.

Progression can be found in achievements, which gives you significant rewards at milestones. Progression can be found in the MF system: by salvaging fine or better items you can get items that when used increase your account MF statistic. There is also an endless dungeon which gets progressively more difficult the more you complete it called Fractals. It consists of 14 different mini dungeons, of which you must complete four for a full run. It has many unique rewards associated with it.

They added an entire new tier set that can be acquired from crafting, boss kills, or by doing time gated dailies and monthly achievements.

They have added a new world boss and revamped some others to make them more difficult (could be bad or good depending on your server or if you don’t mind joining a raiding guild). They changed one dungeon path as well. They added a new zone to WvW as well, imo too early to tell how that’s going to work out.

Bunch of qol stuff that should have been in from the beginning, but does make the game better regardless.

But overall, it’s still the same game. Zerg is the word of the day in GW2, and it either makes or breaks the game for you. There’s also some huge population disparity between the servers, so switch if you think you’re on a dead one.

Have fun and good luck.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

All the releases and bug fixes and everything else is posted here.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates
All the finer details and more player centric info can be found here.
http://dulfy.net/category/gw2/

Make up your own mind if you find it fun or not, I personally still do after a year and a half. Others as you can read do not.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

From my own experience i can say that i have spent 0 real money on the shop and i have played 3000+ hours.For that time in one subscription based MMO I would have payed atleast 180$ per year plus who knows what i have bought fro their game shop.

From GW2 gem shop i have bought things yes.But only with ingame gold.The things that i bought are fluffs that can be found while playing the game too:

• Unlimited Gatherting tools (100 in the game cost silver)
  • Custom arena (200 000 glory)

This is just an example that everything can be found in game.Maybe the only p2w items are the infinite coin and the new mining pick.The first one has already been removed soon the second one too.So not big deal.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

(edited by moiraine.2753)