Playing game at 4k + 3D

Playing game at 4k + 3D

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if there is anyone who also play the game on a 4k display on their couch. I just got a new tv, which will support 4k and full 1080p each eye on 3d which will be pretty amazing but I was wondering for those who already have this set up have any tips for me or anything extra I need to do before starting this.

My rig is currently a sli x 2 nvidia gtx 980 and a i7-4990k 3.5ghz, but overclocked to 4ghz. I run the game at max settings in 4k resolution at 40 fps in town and 120 fps in PvP matches, so I was wondering how much 3d would make a difference.

Playing game at 4k + 3D

Posted by: Centurion.7296

Centurion.7296

=[:{I]<-<

Playing game at 4k + 3D

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Things that aren’t designed for 3d, usually don’t do well in 3d.

Playing game at 4k + 3D

Chase.8415

The game has excellent 3d vision, such as the mouse cursor being depth aware and the skill combat damage actually floats above the target.

Playing game at 4k + 3D

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

The game has excellent 3d vision, such as the mouse cursor being depth aware and the skill combat damage actually floats above the target.

Yes looking through some stuff shows it does, I was wrong. Usually games aren’t designed for 3d usage, just turning on 3d Vision in some, just causes massive issues.

You could look at http://www.guildwars2hub.com/features/previews/experiencing-guild-wars-2-3d which gives some info.

Playing game at 4k + 3D

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

From what I’ve seen of screenshots, reading the UI at 4K can be a problem (the UI does not scale up at those higher resolutions).

I’ve never paid any attention to anything 3D…..pure marketing gimmick, IMO.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Playing game at 4k + 3D

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

Currently, Guild Wars 2 is not a good game for 3D experience since the major patch release last month. See: BUG: Shadows/ground fx completely fouled up

Playing game at 4k + 3D

Posted by: bob.5680

bob.5680

From what I’ve seen of screenshots, reading the UI at 4K can be a problem (the UI does not scale up at those higher resolutions).

I play on a 4K 32" monitor and don’t have any problem with reading the UI (I have it set to max size).

Playing game at 4k + 3D

Chase.8415

It may be a gimmick, but now that screens are at 4k you’ll be able to view 1080p per eye which makes a huge difference in 3d.

And more video games support it than video, I got it for about the same price as a non 3d TV.

Also you can’t buy a small TV for 4k. You need at least 65 inches, and you will need to be at least 6 feet infront of it with 20/20 vision to see the difference. If you’re using a 4k monitor, you will need it 2 feet away from you as long as it’s 28 inches or larger.

Playing game at 4k + 3D

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

3D has bugs and obviously performance issues. Make sure to maintain 60+ fps for 3D (100+ would be way better though). If you want to use custom convergence setting have a button combo to deactivate 3D on the fly, otherwise you can’t navigate the map (‘M’) since waypoints etc. are rendered at the wrong depth. This is not an issue when using the predefined convergence setting!
Some shadows are rendered at the wrong depth (as in not rendered in 3D at all), as in literally (/hyperbole) every game that is officially supported by NVidia

Playing game at 4k + 3D

Chase.8415

Great, figures after reading how 3-d vision was for Guild Wars 2 I finally decided to buy a new 3d display and it just so happens it’s been broken for almost 2 months now… oh well I guess; it’s doubful they will ever fix it since it’s such a niche group.

Playing game at 4k + 3D

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

Pfff OP you only have 2x GTX 980 in two-way SLI? What a peasant. Real gamers play with 3x GTX 990 in three-way SLI at the very minimum!

8^)

#yolo #sweg

(edited by LucosTheDutch.4819)

Playing game at 4k + 3D

Posted by: edgarallanpwn.8739

edgarallanpwn.8739

Pfff OP you only have 2x GTX 980 in two-way SLI? What a peasant. Real gamers play with 3x GTX 990 in three-way SLI at the very minimum!

8^)

#yolo #sweg

I think you mean 3x gtx titan X =D

I run sli 970’s for now. I’m sure by the time i need to upgrade for 4k there will be better hardware to handle it by then for cheaper than running Dual titans or dual 395×2′s