Playing ten days and thinking of leaving GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Azathor.2845

Azathor.2845

I guess the jokes on me since they already have my money from buying GW2 a little while ago.

I liked the game just fine the way it was before this patch. Yes, I didn’t know how to do some things but I learn, I figured it out, it wasn’t that hard.

I loved that I could try out any class with all my skills unlocked pretty much to get a feel for what class I’d like to level up first. With these new changes I think the one 80 I have may be the only one I do actually level up.

I came from playing wow since vanilla and left because they made that game ‘dumbed’ down and I see they are doing the same thing here. I should’ve read more before purchasing because I didn’t know you guys were going to do this. Buyer beware I guess.

As an adult and someone who has already purchased some gems and has the ability to purchase more I have to say that you have turned me off completely and am having a hard time even logging on any more.

I also wonder why you, Anet, have been so quiet regarding the explosion of discontent that has been happening on the internet since the Feature Pack launched…Why are you doing this to the game? The game was fine, why did you mess with it?

I want to know why game companies who already have a great product choose to destroy their game as released at launch and turn it into something else completely. It’s not even like the same game. This sucks, I finally find a game I liked a lot initially and saw myself playing for years to come reduced to a shadow of its former self. It’s so soul crushing and heart breaking…I just don’t get it.

Seriously, if it’s really because you want to appeal more to other markets why cant you just come out and say so? Why all the secret skulking around? Be more open and honest with your player base.

Also why no PTR? Then your real player base can try out the intended changes to work out the bugs and give feedback. Be it positive or negative, it’s all important and will help you make a good game great.

/rant.

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

They always try to put a twist on old things and call it new. This time, this twist has became a twister.

For example: players want a revamp on the personal story especially the final battle.

Their take: players don’t like it, maybe they are not good enough for them yet. We are going to gate it behind level walls until they are bored and never do the personal story again.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

They said there were bugs for multiple character players, and that they’re working on fixing them. Let’s not over-react until we see what the experience is like on second characters.

Posted by: Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Miss Pink Floyd.9730

If do not yet have any level 80 characters, I feel bad for you. I only have one new character and decided that I won’t be leveling it up under the new system, I will just use it for storage. At least I got it on sale, If I paid full price I would be really mad. I feel sorry for new players and especially bad for older players that have multiple level 80’s that now have to use this new leveling system. The new system is worse than bad, it’s downright aweful!

Posted by: Azathor.2845

Azathor.2845

No, I do. I got to level 80 in about 4 days or so. I have all 5 slots filled with alts at various levels as well.

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

I have 21 characters all at lv 80 and 8 more at various levels 17-50. I don’t need a kitten tutorial!

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

I was about to level another character but I won’t.

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Kamui.4038

Kamui.4038

It really is disheartening. I was having a good time before the update as well. I simply can’t bring myself to even log in anymore. The update also bugged out my character’s idle animations (human female) among everything which they are looking into and hopefully will fix today. I don’t have to level a new alt and suffer this awful new levelling experience, but I do see my level 80s.

Along with all these changes there have been a lot of bugs. It’s like no one tested the update. I don’t understand what has happened to this company. They had such a good crew in the beginning with an innovative spirit and high ideals, but progressively the game is becoming more stupefied and so on. They need to do something about all these fresh college grads I guess, ones that had their heads filled with mediocrity and catering to a lowest common denominator rather than higher ideals and faith in the player’s ability to adapt and survive. We’re not mindless drones and we can figure things out just fine, thank you.